1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab Official/Beta release thread (post updates here)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by LOCOENG, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ednamike

ednamike Member

I'm new to DVDFab. But have been using it for a couple of months and have never ran into a dvd I couldn't backup unitl tonight when I tried to backup Phenomenon-1996. It even shows a scrambled pic in the preview prior to trying to back it up. Is there a forum for issues with DVDFAB like this, or is there some dvd's which DVDFAB can't backup? Thank you for the help.

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I do not use Fab frequently, but I have it and have on occasion. I have never heard of DVD that can't be ultimately back up with Fab. It might take an update but eventually it can be done, Same with AnyDVD. Is there anyone out there who has ultimately failed and given up on any movie??? Is the disc you're baking up clean and void of scratches? Haven't heard of the movie? You may also have a bad press of the original dvd. Can you rip it? What you trying to compress it with? Does the disc play in a dvd player especially where it was scramble on the dvd preview?

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

This movie can be backed up with any ripper. If you can't rip this, you most likely have a bad disc.

4. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

@ 7thsinger and dialysis: Maybe's it's just a coincidence that you posted the higher number simple free version 1st and then 7th posted the paid platinum version. Just wondering if the free version is updated b4 the paid version by DVDFab and then they post the platinum version that's all. Thnx.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

indeed, i used DVD Shrink on it's lonesome long ago for this movie.

it's one and the same version now, both free and paid in the file you download. For instance i'm using a new machine at the moment, i installed DVDFab on here and i get this screen -

[​IMG]

For some reason my Platinum code isn't recognised on this machine so i can only use DVDFab as trial and i can also use Fab as just the free version as per the screenshot. It just so happens that i only want to use the free version on this machine anyhow, but my point is that the exe file you download acts as both the free and paid versions.

6. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Creaky, what I did when I installed dvdfab on my new computer, instead of cutting and pasting the code into the box, I installed the trial version first. Once done, I went to where I had saved the email with the key and attachment at, and installed the attachment. Next time I started dvdfab, it showed the paid version.

7. creaky

That's exactly what i did, the exe file you download is Platinum trial/Gold trial and the freebie decrypter all rolled into one, so if someone hasn't purchased Platinum the exe file acts as a 30 day trial and a freebie decrypter in the one program file; if you have a purchased code then you enter the code and the same exact exe file then becomes a Platinum version.

edited for spelling so made my journey useful for dr_ml422 by comparing the 2 exe files you can get from DVDab - they're the same file..

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  8. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

What I did was install the new updated one w/the key first, then went and installed the free version of hd, but added an _1 to the file path w/a new folder. I could of changed the file path altogether, but that's ok cause it'll run the file anyway. I checked off a quick launch for the keyed copy, and created a desktop shortcut for the _1 version. That way I could use either one if I want to. I'll post back and definitely say if that works. It did before in previous versions.

9. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

No it didn't come through creaky. The paid version over rides the free version and automatically replaces it. Guess I'd have to use the free version on another pc like you are now w/out putting in the key. i like having both myself. I'll get to DVD rebuilder one day. Using Shrink now when ripping whole dvd and need to encode and burn w/ImgBurn.

@ ferguj1: Seems like they fixed that audio stream and subpicture issue I was having in the latest version. I put Hostel in and unchecked all the audios except the ac3 5.1 and it stood checked and fixed w/the green arrow. I left the subpicture as it came out w/the english checked automatically and double clicked to see if it would uncheck it but it wouldn't. So that's good because it'll just give me the option to use the English subtitles should I need to.

I also shaded the checked caption blue by clicking on it and then tried the double click in the corner to see if it would uncheck and clear everything. It cleared the blue which is good because if it hadn't it would copy the subtitles on the copy. The check stood so that the option to use the subtitle would be there should I want to use it.

10. creaky

i don't see your problem though... if you've paid for Platinum just install and enter your key, then just use Fab as a decrypter, there's nothing different in the ripping code between the free and paid after all...

11. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

You're right. Silly me. I forgot I could just decrypt and back up the entire disc in dvd-9 mode, then use w/e to encode and burn. So use to doing the decrypting and encoding w/Fab I totally forgot my options. Thnx for reminding me. Lol...

12. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

@Creaky,

1) yes to the ifo's to Ting/fengtao
    2) I believe the not making sense is making sense in that the scattered hard encryptions are making the backing up community on edge as to if the big releases will be possible to be backed up successfully. Also If a big encryption renders a stand alone dvd player inoperative on a big release, boy is the consuming public gonna be mad, whereas if the movie studios screw up a lesser release, only a little profit is down the drain, if you follow. Lesser releases become guinea pigs for tougher encryption models to be used on big releases in the near future.[/quote]

Hi bonehead. i tried searching for any info on stand alones being rendered inoperative as i forgot where exactly i 1st read it, which was here in your post. is this specifically geared towards new dvds and /or cds like creaky stated also? i'm mainly concerned about dvds. Also has there been any instances of ripped dvds rendering a stand alone player inoperative? my friend sent his player back twice, and i'm not sure if it was the ripped disc itself, or the format on the ripped disc. i tried some verbatim 16x dvd+rs for the 1st time and really not sure if it was the bitset on them or w/e that might have caused it to not work. that or just a bad batch of players from the plant which could also happen. i use tys mostly so that's why i ask.

i'd appreciate any pull up on this as always. thnx.

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I would doubt that a company like Sony would cripple it's own brand of dvd player if it played a copied disc. That would just about kill their business when word got out. They could care less what kind of disc you're playing just so it's a Sony that's doing it.

14. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

DVDFab 5.1.1.5 Beta is out (November 14, 2008):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5115Beta_avangate-689.exe

What's New:

5.1.1.5 Beta (November 14, 2008)
    New: Updated VSO burning engine.
    New: Updated language files.
    New: Some minor improvements.
    Fix: UOPs protection is not removed completely when using "Main Movie" mode.

15. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

As usual, thanks for keeping us updated.

Wonder if this is a 'fix' for the upcoming Wall*E?

16. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

thnx for replying garmoon. it's well noted though that sony's a bit picky to what goes into their players. whether it has to do w/formats or not i don't know. they're very strict on completely readable discs also. not like others that will read about just everything unless totally messed up. if copied discs won't pose any problems or shouldn't then why the issue of lesser known new videos rendering a player inoperable as opposed to newer releases was mentioned at all? is this a statement of fact that it has happened w/new discs? i would suppose so being bonehead posted it has.

many players are choosy to different type media and brands also. that's been well documented. so sony's in that category no matter what.

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I give away many +R booktyped DVD_Rom discs on varied media-mostly Office Depot and anything I got as presents- to friends when they give me their discs to backup. They all have different dvd players. I rarely check them after burning and I bet I have only had to do 2 over in several years.

18. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

thnx garmoon. i just needed xtra info/confirmation so as to reassure my friend that it's not the discs always and not to get too bothered about getting a player from a bad batch. it happens w/everything once in a while. i know about office max. they have some good sales every now and then. mostly the verbs. i'm going to have to hit office depot more often.

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

dr_ml42

glad to help. Joe Ryan has convinced me that most media out there is not bad. So if I get CMC Mags from someone I use them. I'll use anything that after a burn will play in the friend's burner he uses. I reserve the TYs and Verbs for myself. There's bad media that's cheap and excellent media that can be bought cheap. Just read the Sunday ads and/or follow the online sales that members post.

20. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Yeah i got you. only bad batch i used were hps. their cds are not bad but dvd blanks forget about it. although i heard some hps by cmc mag and other brands by cmc mag weren't that bad either. most of the time it's a crap shoot. i've only tried the dvd+r verbs and i liked them. bitsetting is fine and they're quicker in the lead in. have you tried the ty dvd+rs? if so i guess you can count them in as quality as the dvd-rs correct? thnx.