.BIN / .CUE / .ISO Frequently asked questions. READ1ST

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cd-rw.org, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

You'll find a lot more help in the video/dvd sections for that. Simply put, you cant just use the same files for SVCD as you do for DVD unless ur making a DataDVD but that doesnt seem to be what you are making. You're gonna have to reencode and author that mpeg file. http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

2. Arkadia

Arkadia Member

Hiya! I'm *extremely* new to this PSX burning thing, and I have some questions if you would be so kind as to answer them. I downloaded a PSX game, Monster Ranchers, which I think is legal because the game is no longer being produced and I can't find it anywhere, and I just can't figure out how to burn the game onto a disc. If downloading the game is some sort of piracy, I apologize for posting on this board. Anyway, the file came with these files: Monster Rancher.ccd (1kb), Monster Rancher.cue (1kb), Monster Rancher.img (352,603kb) and Monster Rancher.sub (14,392kb). Are there any files missing or are the file sizes suspicious? I tried to simply burn the .img file onto disc which I suspect is not what you're supposed to do, and needless to say it didn't work. Are there certain files I must burn onto the disc, and in certain order? Is there a certain program or certain settings I have to use? My burning program is CloneCD. I can't really think of anything else to tell you, as I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing, and I apologize for the really long message ;) Thanks in advance, I would greatly appreciate some help!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]He ran away with my pants and it made me cry :([/small]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2004
  3. Praetor

PS2 people would prolly be of much more help you ya. ;-)

4. Arkadia

Arkadia Member

Ah, I meant the original Monster Rancher for Playstation :) Sorry if I didn't make that clear >.< Thanks for replying anyway ;D

5. Dead405

Dead405 Member

alright, i seriously need some help here. I have both bin files for Sim City 4 and then converted them to ISO. I burned disc 2 for installation purposes. Then during installation halfway through it said insert disc 2. I put it in and it didnt read it. Now I wanna know why that happens before I waste any more cds on this. My friend said its because I need to name the cd exactly as the original is but I dont wanna take that risk yet so any help would greatly be appreciated.

6. Praetor

1. WHY are u converting to ISO?
    2. The conversion to ISO doesnt change the label of the cd (well it shoudlnt)
    3. SimCity4 is SECUROM 4.84 (?) protected so the label DOES matter
    4. See the SecurROM burning guides (sticky threads) for more info :)

7. Dead405

Dead405 Member

well converting it does make it smaller, plus its much more simpler then having to write a cue sheet.

8. joekak

joekak Guest

Ive never done this before but i d/led a game and i have 40 files that are like:

rzrbf.001

and each one has its own .bin and the firts one has the cue... how do i extract and get all of these onto one cd??

9. Antieli

Antieli Guest

Hey,

I just copied over a cue file over to a cd, and installed the program. But, now it asks for a cd key, which I cannot find. Is there any way to get around that? My old cd was scratched, so I transferred everything to BIN/CUE files and then onto a new cd. But now I'm stuck because I uninstalled the program before, and just reinstalled it. I can't run it without the cd key, which I do not have.

How can I bypass that?

10. Nictoe

Nictoe Member

Is there a page or link,that can show me the steps,the programs I need to burn; bin cue files? I'm assuming this is what needs to be done to create an exe program installation.

11. gerald232

gerald232 Member

Don't know how to open a bin file? Well it is very easy all you have to do it have the cue sheet for the bin file. For an example Max Payne 2 CD1.bin and Max Payne 2 CD2.bin, Max Payne 2 CD1.cue and you will need Max Payne 2 CD2.cue. You will need the bin file and the cue file. What you do is you open the cue file with Nero Burning Rom when Nero reads the cue sheet you burn it to CD. And you would do the samething with the CD 2. The reason you have to do all this is because this bin files are an image of a CD remember these are the best rips so if you see a bin file for something you know it works. But you need the bin file and the cue file to do this.

Any Questions E-Mail Me At talker20032001@yahoo.com
    I have tried this with the bin and the cue so I know it works.

12. Nictoe

Nictoe Member

...thanks, it really is a piece of cake,when you start the wizard,drag and drop the cue file,and Nero takes care of the rest.

13. laurenss

laurenss Member

hi, i'm kinda new here....

I have the same question as some other people on the forum, but I couldn't find a good answer to the question.

I've downloaded a winRAR file which contains all these files of 15mb, which contains a BIN and CUE file. So I have like 40 bin and cue files. How can I make one big BIN file. I'm jusing Nero.

i have all these new games but i can't burn em!!

14. syphus

syphus Guest

hi, i'm new to this forum and so far it seems like one of the best i've seen. i'm not new to burning, downloading, opening, creating images however. but there is one game that has had me stumped for several days now on how to open it correctly. Its FFXI, i have the files from all 4 cd's including the expansion but they are not .bin, .iso, or .nrg as you might expect its just the files themselves like setup, datacab, etc. anyone know how i can turn these files into .bin so i can burn them. if anyone does help me, i'm more than gladly send you the game if you are interested. my aim s/n is SyphusControl and my email is liquidgenome@msn.com
    -thanks

15. coltdwyer

coltdwyer Member

Hello I am very new at this ISO stuff. Just some help here OK. I am downloading FULL Playstation 1 games VIA Bit Torrent and would like to know how to get them working on my NON - Chipped (PS2 or PS1) According to my research I can download a PSX - BOOT CD and play my COPIED PS1 games without a CHIP!!!

16. socal7

socal7 Member

Hi all, great forum! Hopefully someone can shed some light on this one: Trying to burn using a .cue sheet/.wav on Nero 6 on Win2K.

My .cue sheet and .wav file are in the same directory. The cue sheet's "file/line 1" has the directory name in it ("d:\downloads... .wav"). I go to Recorder/Burn Image... and click on the applicable .cue sheet. The open file box disappers and nothing happens except Nero locks up... I left it there quite a while, too, thinking it would just take a while to transfer the info, but nothing after 5 minutes... just locked up. Any ideas?

Thanks!

17. disisboy

disisboy Guest

Post Deleted for Stupidity.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2004
  18. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Piece of crap slimy sub-human scammer.

19. Praetor

Yes indeed that was a silly post but do try to control yourself next time? ;-)

20. SegaMod

SegaMod Guest

Forgive my ignorance, but... I've got a mess of Neo Geo CD ROMs that are only ISO and MP3 files. I'm assuming bin and cue is the way to go? if so how. The iso files burn and play on my console but I can't integrate the MP3's.. any help, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.