1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My aol 9.0 isnt working.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by fgreco, Mar 15, 2005.

1. fgreco

fgreco Member

I know a lot of people are haveing trouble with this. I open aol and it freezes after 2 seconds and allows me to do nothing I dont know what to do please any advise would be great.

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

3. fgreco

fgreco Member

no it isnt connected to the pc freezing post.

4. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

I had the same kind of problem with AOL. I would get random disconnects. For absolutly no reason at all it would crash, then the gay-little window would pop up and attempt to reconnect. I was on dial-up at the time and did everything I could find to try and fix, even so far as to have the phone company come to check for frayed/damaged lines. On the same comp/phoneline I installed a free-trial on MSN, no problems at all. In my opinion AOL is slacking with service/support. I have since switched to Road Runner and have never been happier. With so many options for an ISP out there, why keep trying to fix it. Even Wal-Mart has internet for less than half of what AOL charges.

5. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

I rest my case

:eek:Þ

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

OMG people are still actuallly using dailup .do you rub two sticks together also to get fire LOL.theres one word to sovle your problem, CABLE

7. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Tom-Toms are faster than AOL(America's Odious Linkage).

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

aabbccdd, not all areas of the country have cable or dsl internet but dialup & not even cable tv!!

9. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Yep, you are so right ddp.

In my own development with state of the art homes, they piped in Fiber Optic phone cables and Bellsouth didn’t want to flip the bill for special hardware to allow ADSL. The cable company was also owned by the original developer and they didn’t have Broadband cable. First I had ISDN lines at a big chunk of money, then purchased a satellite setup from Direcway, (spelling correct,) for even more money with an up speed of 25k on a good day, and downloads around 500 with a tremendous lag time, and you hoped that it didn’t rain. Then finally after 5 years, two years ago, we got our choice of either ASDL at 3,000 down or Cable now with 5,000 down.

fgreco

Do yourself a favor and delete AOL 9.0 completely and just use their dialup to get to the web, pulling any email that way instead.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  10. fgreco

fgreco Member

I have verizon dsl. They give you msn. I just wanted aol as well, because I thought it was good but, now gotten used to msn Ill delete it.

11. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

When I switched to cable I also upgraded to AOL 9.0, my computer would freeze also. I no longer have AOL, no longer have computer freezes.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  12. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Is this thread about AOL in america or AOl in general?

13. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

This issue has nothing to do with where you are, its the crappy AOL software. So yeah....AOL in general