1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Camera pop ups

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tic62, Mar 16, 2005.

1. tic62

tic62 Guest

Any advice on how to stop a little movie camera that pops up on my copyied DVD's when they are on my TV whenever a new sceen come up for a min then goes away until the next sceen comes up. And what causes This on copied DVD's

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This is a new one to me I have never heard of this before... What method are you using to back up your DVD's? Have you tried the disks in another DVD player to see if this same thing happens on it? Could be a setting on your DVD player.. The little camera isn't actually on the disk, but a feature that is poping up on your screen for something like camera angle or another feature on your player. Also is this a problem with all your backup's or is it just a certain movie?

3. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

I kind of had the same problem with one of my DVD's. I played it on an old DVD player. The camera angle kept popping up. I just changed the setting. It only pops up when more than one camera angle is being used at that scene...DVD Without a Paddle-You Got Served

4. tic62

tic62 Guest

Just Certain movies and it happins on all my DVD players and with my copies like without a paddle and now the Incredables It onley popups when a new chapter
    on the DVD changes and onley on backup copies ??

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

bbmayo is right. Some movies have scenes that can be viewed from different angles, and some dvd players can view those scenes from different angles by pressing certain buttons. So when those scenes are detected, a small movie camera is shown on screen (not something burnt onto the dvd).

6. sadsac

sadsac Guest

That's the FBI taking your picture.

7. vans12

vans12 Regular member

well this is a weird one if it does it on all of them. What kind of players do you have and if you play it on your computer with windvd or powerdvd does it do the same thing.

8. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

it only happens on one dvd player. my pc, ps2, and other dvd player doesn't show the camera.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Some movies have multiple angles one can select for the same scene. When you see the little camera, those different angles are available. Whether or not you can turn the option off depends on your standalone player. Check the user guide or support. The little camera should be popping up with the original source as well as the copy.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2005
  10. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Here is a quote from Guide to Home Theater's review of the Philips DVDR985:

"Playing commercial DVDs worked just fine—with one surprising exception. When I played Video Essentials, a status box appeared in the upper left portion of the screen during the Swelltone logo at the beginning. The box indicated that an alternate camera
    angle was available and allowed me to select the angle with the Up/Down buttons. This particular alternate angle is a hoot (try it!), but the real problem is that the alternate-angle box appears whenever the option is available on any DVD—and it can't be disabled. According to Philips, an upcoming version of the software will include a switch to turn off this feature, but for now, it sure is annoying."

Sounds like you are having a similar problem.

11. Sled

Sled Guest

I posted the same problem a couple of days ago and Fasfrank got me going in the right direction. It is a camera angle option in you DVD player. I had the camera pop up on Without A Paddle and I couldn't figure out why it started all to the sudden. But what stopped it was I went into my DVD player setting and turned angles off. Cured the problem. My player is a Pioneer so it seems it can happen to different units. Hope this helps, but still don't know why it started acting up on Without a Paddle.

12. brobear

brobear Guest

I thought I mentioned multi angle movies or was it my imagination? Daredevil and a bunch of the new movies have multiple angles.

13. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

C'mon, you should know better. There were many threads explaining this issue before this and there will be many after. Hell, I'm going to start one right now, in the xbox forum.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  14. brobear

brobear Guest

Better than what? The last 3 posts covered the same topic, not threads but consecutive posts. FasFrank did add some good info. Hope Philips does something, I've got one and it would be nice to turn off the camera icon.

I'd say if people used the search function there would be much less need for these threads. I've seen this topic before and will no doubt see it again. Usually, reading the user guide for a player explains the player function and how to access functions through the interface.

15. bradyboy

bradyboy Member

In The Little Mermaid just as the credits start I get that same camera in the upper right hand corner of the screen. It stays there for about 3 seconds then disappears. Never really thought about it but since you brought it up, it is weird. It is my backup from DVD X Copy Platinum v3.2.1. Just wondered if anyone had the same thing happen with that film.
    BB

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Have you even bothered to read the rest of this thread?? If you did then your not to bright are you?

Sorry, but my GOD! you have to be kidding?

17. brobear

brobear Guest

Mr BBmayo,
    While I have your attention... Could you explain how to make a copy of a copy?

18. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Why of course Mr. Brobear. I know that that has never been asked on here before so I would be glad to help ya out ;-)

1. Take out original
    2. Insert face down
    3. Insure it is centered..
    4. Close the lid..
    5. Press the copy button (hint if you use photo paper it comes out with much better quality)

Note: Sometimes the paper will jam. Just open up the machine and yank the jamed paper out and repeat step 5..

Did that help ya out Bro!

LMAO :)

19. brobear

brobear Guest

Is that for an IBM or another machine? I'm new at copying. If you use paper for "burning" a copy, won't that cause it to burst into flames?

20. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Oh you want to burn a copy!!! I see that’s totally different then sorry bout that. Here’s the process for that. Remember follow to the "T" and you will be good to go.. (Make sure you know the number to 911 before attempting this process)

1. Insert original DVD in to the front of your toaster. Set the knob to half way and push lever down. NOTES: Best if you use a GE toaster and keep the burn time to slow (you may need to upgrade your power source). Make sure you use quality oven mitt to catch the DVD when it comes popping out! Not the CMC Mag brand!

2. When that is done and you will know because of the auto eject function. NOTE: If your auto eject function is broke this would be a good time to use that 911 number I hope you acquired that from somewhere before the start of this guide..

3. Set the original on something resistant to heat. That’s where a good fan could come in handy..

4. Now put your Blank DVD media in the toaster slot and it doesn’t matter which way.. NOTE: The best media brand recommended for this copy is Memorsuxs

5. Now we need to turn our settings knob all the way up as high as it will go! Then push your lever down and wait for about 2 minutes. NOTE: Ignore the smoke and the fire alarm this is normal.

6. Your finished DVD should auto eject and you will now have a nice golden brown or black DVD!! NOTE: If it doesn’t auto eject go back to note in step 2.

Additional Info: You may be tempted to use your dual toaster for this process, but trust me it is much safer and less room for errors with my method. Don't use cheap toasters for this process! You could use a toaster oven if you wish, but they have no auto eject function so they are a pain in the arse. Microwaves don't do a very good job either, but I have heard of others being successful with some acetylene and a blow torch.

Let me know how it goes for ya BroBear!! :)