1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good movie organizer

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by abx, Mar 21, 2005.

1. abx

abx Guest

I have a lot of DVD's. I am trying to find a program that enables me to enter the movie title and organize it alphabetically. I want to attach a digital picture to the movie title. I tried Microsoft Word with tables but you can't organize the titles alphabetically. I tried Microsoft Works Spreadsheet but you can't attach a picture. Thanks

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

excel maybe?

3. mini_mod

mini_mod Member

Yes, Excel works fine. I have all of my movies on a sheet in alphabetical order (yes it will alphebetize for you) with animated logos for each genre (i.e. horror, action, sci-fi)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  4. mini_mod

mini_mod Member

Sorry, should have put this originally. Yes, you can import images or digital photos for each movie.

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yeah excel is a pain in the ass to learn, but once you get the hang of it its pretty easy. I use it to organize hundreds of music albums

6. mini_mod

mini_mod Member

Actually, for movies its one of the simplest tasks to perform.

1. Pick the font you want

2. Pick the script you want

3. Type the movie name

4. Move down to next line and repeat step: 3

5. When done compiling list hit the alphabetize button on the toolbar. It will have an "A" and a "Z" with an arrow pointing up or down depending on which letter you want to start with.

6. Format the cells to fit all movie titles.

7. You're done

Personally, I highlight the movies I have just to keep track. I also put an animated text to the right of each movie so I know which category it falls under. If you want to put a picture by each one simply go to the "Insert" tab on top got to "Picture" and click on "From File" if it is saved to your pc and put it where you want it.

Hope this helps ya some. Need more help PM me

7. gatlin01

gatlin01 Member

8. mini_mod

mini_mod Member

I'll give it a shot

9. mini_mod

mini_mod Member

This program is da bomb, its a little repetitive inputing all the movie title, but definetely a better choice than Excel. everyone needs to check it out if you are serious about keeping an accurate movie list

10. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Dvd profiler is the only way to go,ive been using it for almost 2 years.

11. abx

abx Guest

Thanks

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@Jimdandy,

Hey I wanted to thank you for that DVD Profiler.. Man that program is awesome!! :) I was using excel, but I am in the process of moving all my movies to that program now. Of course it's gonna take a while, but hey what else do I have to do late at night :)

Did you purchase the program? If so what is the advantage to doing so?

13. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

No I havent purchased the program.
    The advantages...the way im understanding it, is the cover art is higher resolution.
    With both the free version, and the retail version, you can store your collection on there website,in case your system crashes,all is not lost.With the free version, you have a limit, to how many you can store online, but the retail version is unlimited.
    The free version has no limit, as far as how many dvds you can store on the profiler itself(im currently at 740),so I didnt really see the need to purchase the program,all though I should, just to support it,I believe its a 1 time price of 20 dollars(usd)
    Its a great program,you can sort through your collection by genre,actor,director etc.It even gives you a list of easter eggs and how to find them.
    Dvd profiler should be on everyones list of MUST HAVE programs.
    later
    jD

14. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I've been using DVD Profiler for over a year now and love it!

The one feature that I especially like and highly recommend is the ability to upload your collection to the web because if for whatever reason you lose the database on your PC all you have to do is retrieve it from the web plus it's easy for others to check out your collection. I had the URL to my collection in my sig for the longest time:

http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rephaim

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah I am begining to love this program more and more :)...

I will probably just buy it so I can support it. If I like a proggy at it works well I have no problem supporting them.
    Just in case anyone else is wondering this is what you get with registration

o Unlimited storage area in the My Profiler section.

o Browse your collection interactively and pick a movie to watch using advanced fuzzy logic matching with the graphical, customizable Movie Pick feature.
    Picking a movie to watch has never been so easy and fun!

o Browse prerelease DVDs graphically with the Upcoming Releases feature. It even highlights popular titles automatically.

o Enjoy high quality cover images with access to our highest resolution covers. Since DVD Profiler's online database is user-built, specific image quality and resolution varies from title to title and cannot be guaranteed

:)

17. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I do have one question though. While I was adding some of my movies last night I came across one they didnt have in there database. So I tried to add it, but they required a UPC code for me to add it :-( I threw all my cases out a long time ago because of storage issues so I don't have the UPC code to any of my movies. Is there anyway around this feature. I can live with it if this is the only movie not in there database because it wasn't that good anyway. :)

18. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Your sure to find others that they cant identify,if you figure that part out, let me know. LOL
    Im buying the program today too,ive used it free for long enough:)
    later
    jD

19. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

HA HA I just figured out a way to do it Jimdandy :)

Go here http://www.dvdempire.com/ and find your movie and they provide the UPC code ;-)

20. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You can also use the Add By Title tab :)