1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unsupported mpegs???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sarmil, Mar 26, 2005.

1. sarmil

sarmil Guest

i am using dvd decrypter to copy dvds and it wont work, as it keps on saying my files are unsupported. what does this mean? and will i ever be able to copy my own dvds??

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

so you have the latest dvd decrypter? and you are trying to rip an original dvd? and its says unsupported?

have you used the app before ok?

try playing the dvd in powerDVD for 5 mins to unlock the drive to enable rip!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  3. sarmil

sarmil Guest

no, i havent used anything before and im really stressed!!
    i thought id be able to download dvds and copy them easily, but it seems to be alot of hard work when u dont have a clue what your doing!
    i got told to download the dvd decrypter. Also got Nero startsmart, avicodec, ffdshow, winrar, dvd shrink, media player(which i notice wont play some of the downloads ive copied) and windvd (which also wont play some of the downloads.)
    Have you any ideas??

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ok tell me what file type you have downloaded? is it AVI? or MPEG2? etc..

we can go from there on a crash course!

5. sarmil

sarmil Guest

the avicodec thing says the A.1 codec name is MPEG layer 3, and on one of them ive copied (shrek2) says Mpeg-1 audio layer 2(0xc0)

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ok for the most part, the app you were told on codecs are kool! but dvd shrink and dvd decrypter are for ripping original dvds! mostly!

get the app called DivxTodvd by VSO and its free and it will convert your file/files as you can load 2 avi to get one film and it will make bup/ifo/vob these files a re dvd structure which you need to burn in say NERO on dvd ADD-Video tab and place all converted files in the folder it makes called VIDEO_TS and burn!

======================================

[bold]the avicodec thing says the A.1 codec name is MPEG layer 3, and on one of them ive copied (shrek2) says Mpeg-1 audio layer 2(0xc0) [/bold]

A.1 do you mean AVI? and you say copied? do you mean downloaded?

===============================

i use powerDVD v6 to watch my films or nero showtime...it may be the codecs arnt in ok? or the download files is bad? basically it could be lots of stuff?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  7. sarmil

sarmil Guest

Thank you, the divtodvd worked and then straight onto nero express and voila!! Ive got 3 different dvds copied now! just one thing mind, the incredibles wont convert onto divxtodvd, is there a special reason for this?

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

maybe currupt file? but! put it in avicodec and note the files you see there and try the one that burnt ok to see if its all the same or not? eg: video / audio / blar blar blar.....