1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making a backup copy of a barbershop

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jrock, Jan 3, 2003.

1. jrock

jrock Guest

need to know has anyone made a backup copy of the movie barbershop? if so let me know how you did it and what did you use and how long did it take..thanks

2. biggjoe

biggjoe Member

I did this morning using dvdxcopy. The problem that I have is that it will only play to the 3rd chapter then reset. I scan scan to the 4th chapter and it play fine. I am trying to find a answer to that. I also had the same problem with XXX. I am using a sony dru500a and a 2100+ win2k. I now am trying with a dvd rom reader and dvdxcopy for the read. I have used dvd+rw.

3. billsbox

billsbox Member

From this link
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/16655

I used the following:

SIMPLE GUIDE - MOST DVD-9 MOVIES TO ONE DVD+R

Used: DVD Dycrypter 3.4.1.0
    Nero 5
    IFOEDIT 0.95

Insert the movie you want to copy into your dvd rom tray and load DVD Dycrypter Choose "Mode/ISO/READ R". This will let you know if the DVD is a 1 layer or 2 layer disc(DVD5 or DVD9). If it is a 1 layer it will fit to one DVD+R and read my DVD5 guide for details. Now choose "Mode/File F". We will be ripping and burning just the movie. Decrypter will highlight the movie for you. You also need to rip the "bup" file for the chapter that movie is in and the main "VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP". You need to have all these files to burn a working disc. Example:

VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

Rip these files to your hard drive and when it is completed load your IFOEDIT095 program. Also make a new folder for your soon to be edited files. Call it something different than the exact name of the movie so that you can differentiate between the two folders. We want to take out all the audio streams that we don't need to make our files smaller so that it will fit to one disc. Click "open" and find your IFO file for the chapter (VTS_01_0.IFO). Now click "VOB Extras" and "Strip Streams". The default settings should work but also check off "Create New IFO Files". Make sure your destination folder is the one that you just created. Now click "OK". Now a new screen pops up and you need to check off the items that you want. I normally only check off the English 6 CH. because that is all I need. Now click "strip it". This may take about 45 minutes just like the original rip. When it is finished a box will say VOBpointers corrected. Click ok and close IFOEDIT. Reload the program and "open" your new chapter IFO file from your new folder. Now click the button "get VTS sectors". After this is done, you are ready to burn. Make sure that your new folder is less than 4.36 GB in size. If it is larger then you'll have to use a different guide to make 2 DVDs or compress the files. Now assuming that all has gone well, you can load your Nero software and insert your blank media. Click create a DVD/Other Formats/DVD-Video. Find your ripped/edited DVD files on the right and drop all the files in Nero's VIDEO_TS folder on the left. Check your settings and click burn. I used a +RW disc to make sure that my movies worked before burning to a +R disc. There it is, my simple guide. Comments or corrections?

It worked for me!

4. ak0ip0gi

ak0ip0gi Guest

i did it this weekend. since its a 2 layer, you need to skip a lot of sectors like the menu, and previews. i used the decrypter, ifoedit and nero. it works for me too.

5. jcurrier

jcurrier Member

I did made a succesful back-up last week. I was able to keep the main menu. I stripped it down to just English 5.1 and English Subs. Here are the files that are on my disk totaling 4.08 GB:

VIDEO_TS.BUP.......16kb
    VIDEO_TS.IFO.......16kb
    VIDEO_TS.VOB........8kb
    VTS_01_0.BUP.......84kb
    VTS_01_0.IFO.......84kb
    VTS_01_0.VOB....46752kb
    VTS_01_1.VOB..1048272kb
    VTS_01_2.VOB..1048460kb
    VTS_01_3.VOB..1048276kb
    VTS_01_4.VOB..1048474kb
    VTS_01_5.VOB....32616kb
    VTS_02_0.BUP.......36kb