1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help backing up Spanglish

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mjlucky13, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjlucky13

mjlucky13 Member

i am trying to backup my new copy of spanglish. DVDShrink will do an analysis all the way thru the menus but when it comes to the movie itself i get a cyclic redundancy error. anyone got any ideas? tried DVDDecrypter as well. did the same thing.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

doubtful it's dirty or damaged. are you using the latest version of decryptor - 3.5.4.0 ??. There's another thread about Spanglish - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/173741

- don't believe there's any odd protections on this one. Have you been able to successfully rip any other movies ?

edit- seems this title might possibly be arccos protected after all...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

AnyDVD, CloneDVD 2, Good copy, no problems. Probably disc related. Make sure all programs are up to date. If that doesn't work, suggest another original trial.

4. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i second that , clonedvd2 and anydvd did this movie with no problems . i also ripped my copy with dvddecryptor just to see if it is able to do it and it also did it with no problems . i agree that the disc may be defective .

5. Arkion

Arkion Member

Been having the same problem with spanglish. Using DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 and getting a ton of read errors on VTS_07_1.VOB. I have ignore read errors on but I'm currently at error 175. Been using DVD Decrypter and DvD shrink to make back-ups and have made close to 100 back-ups to date. Are yall using the movie from todays release or did you recieve yours prior to release?

6. vike

vike Member

Picked up Spanglish today, backed up w/Decrypter and Shrink no problems. Go to Decrypter and get latest update and it shouldn't be an issue. If it still doesn't work let us know your error messages so we can help you.

7. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Bought a copy today. Backup good, no errors.

8. Arkion

Arkion Member

Did update check and said I am currently using the latest update. Using Any DVD now and still having problems on the same vob file. what settings did you use?

9. mjlucky13

mjlucky13 Member

i went and downloaded the latest version of DVD Decrypter. It had to insert dummy sectors but it seems to have finally backed up. Thanks for all the suggestions.

10. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@arkion
    Sounds like a bad disc. I used Any DVD w/Nero Recode no problems.
    Currently I'm running it through Decrypter and it just passed the file you are having problems with.
    My movie is from today's release.
    What error messages are you getting with Any DVD?

11. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I did spanglish-region 1- last night. I downloaded the newest version of dvd decrypter yesterday morning and left all the settings in default.Thanks goes out to all the members on the solution to this encryption here at AD.
    I used dvd decrypter in file mode/compressed main movie only with dvd shrink/and burned with nero.

Sounds like Arkion got a bum disc.It happens.You should take it back for an exchange.

12. binkie7

@Arkion
    I just played the file in my PC you are having problems with unfortunately it's the beginning of the movie - so ignoring read errors won't help.

13. Arkion

Arkion Member

ya; must be something wrong with the disk; will still play so i wont worry about a back-up.

14. binkie7

Like Saugmon said - exchange it. Can't hurt (unless the movie sucks- I haven't watched it yet though) and at least you should be able to back it up.

15. unekgal

unekgal Member

Worked great- used DVD decrypter and DVD shrink- just make sure you have the latest version...wouldn't work until updated!!

16. creaky

17. binkie7

Spanglish is a Sony film so it does have the new Arccos and Puppetlock copy protection. It seems all new Sony releases have this plus bad sectors which AnyDVD and Decrypter handle. You can check Sony's new releases at sonypictures.com. Any new release starting with Resident Evil 2 and on seems to have them.

18. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

19. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

I've successfully ripped Spanglish w/ DVDDecrypter, but then when I play the movie in my Ps2 player, the movie skipped like crazy like after the 2nd half of the movie. I used the old version of Dvd Decrypter, I think this might b the problem. I hope getting another original of Spanglish n a new version of DVD Dcrypter will solve the problem. Thanks guys.

20. creaky

@cuteperv, no that's not why it's skipping. Do some searching for freezing and/or skipping. It could be a number of things but it's not Spanglish specific

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.