1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no sound on my avi file

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by jr818, Jan 6, 2003.

1. jr818

jr818 Member

hi i recently downloaded a avi file from Kazaa and can play it on my DivX player 2.0 alpha but theres no sound!!!! Can someone please help me solve my problem?

2. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

you need the audio codec, do a google search under "ac3 codec* download it and install it. that should work, if it doesn't post back.

3. guidecca

guidecca Member

4. bang

bang Member

Get mp3 and wma codecs at www.digital-digest.com. Note, don't play them in Divx Player, it still has a lot of bugs, when I play avi in divx player, the computer produces noise (God knows why).

5. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

yeah, it looks to me like wmp is more stable than divx, but that's on my pc at least which is a p3 500 and celeron 1.5

6. KodyZ

KodyZ Guest

7. KodyZ

KodyZ Guest

8. lfont

lfont Member

I have a similar problem as so many do.. I have hade great success is downloading variious divx / avi files. I then convert them to mpeg using TMPGE. From that point I burn them to DVD using "Sonic My DVD" I then can play them on my regular DVD player.

The problem is as follows.. I have a file that I downloaded. Its video format is divxmpg4 v 3, 640x272, 23.976. The audio format is mpeg layer-3 48000 hz.

I can play on Win MP and on InterVideo WINDVD and all is fine.

I converted on TMPGE. The new MPEG file does not play the audio. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

9. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

does the mpg play on your pc okay with audio and visual? does it play on the dvd standalone okay with audio and video?

I'm not sure if svcd has any audio requirements of the sampling and bit rate in order for it work properly, anyone know?

10. jr818

jr818 Member

thanks for all your help people:)