1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Your NetID should be 00001, you have posted five zeros was that a typo? Blade has a problem scanning in some areas due to Net IDs.

So go to service scan settings:

Netid = 00001
    FREQUENCY = 755000
    Sym=6887

Fast scan off.

Failing that there should be a brutescan option for UK.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  2. ugy101

ugy101 Member

sorry typo error, so what do you suggest i do, i re installed the blade image, i have some channels working but half of them don't work even after a few reboots, so the signal is there but it might be the service and bouquet files, do you suggest another image, i had andromeda before which worked a charm but then the channels went went off hence the blade quad upgrade.

thanks alot for the help by the way

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Try other areas that are around you or use the brutescan option. I would try Bradford as that is quite nearby:

40961 539000 6952

I was going to suggest Huddersfield but that is already using the same scan settings as Dewsbury.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  4. ugy101

ugy101 Member

i have already tried bradford with the same results, can i ask what a brutescan is? when you say use bradford shall i use the blue button to select it or change the scan.config file?

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry I meant a bruteforce scan, it will scan all frequencies, takes a while.

For Bradford just use the Blue button for SML, it should be fine.

6. ugy101

ugy101 Member

i have finally got the scanning working, rather than selecting a town i select west yorkshire in the location and up popped all the channels with a few more, i am glad to see the sky 1 and other channels back, i must say the blade image is great and very fast.

thanks to all who helped especially scouser, your a star.

7. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

In dublin I find fast scan on works best, sometimes I get nothing or missing TPs with it set to off, even if it does work it takes longer, I have no probs with fast scan on.

If one doesnt work, try the other. And set your bouquet setting to "leave current"

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes I know. Its was an SML issue so fast scan off is more suited. The OP has solved it anyway?

9. farhic7

farhic7 Member

Greetings!
    I succeeded last night ,after 2 days of trying, in flashing a NOKIA x2 dbox with Blade Quad for Dublin. Great result – I plugged it in – it worked.

I am attempting to do the same with a second Nokia dbox – but the problem is it starts to boot up –shows the Kernel loading – then shows the image loading info on screen – next Neutrino NG is on the LCD – then 10 secs later it shuts itself down . I am left with the standby green LED lit.

Has anyone seen this and can suggest anything? Many thanks.

10. xcrypto

xcrypto Member

Hi Guys.. Nokia DBOX2 running Blade Quad - NTHell Dub. Happy as Larry for last 6 months. Last thurs came home from work and turned on... Frozen image / flashes of TV picture - sound jittering like it was trying to decode but couldnt quite do it for me. I've reflased with Blade - still same story. Also signal out of Coax connection - essentilly passed through DBOX is seriously attenuated... really bad picture - is it likely my tuner circuit is goosed? Would like to hear from someone who's had tuner repaired to confim its bad before I go attempting repairing myself. Thanks a million -
    To answering my own question..- Yes It was the tuner circuit that was gone in my DBOX. Replaced transistor BFG94 which I bought 5 of for €5 from Radionics (minimum order QTY).

Watch this video to show you where the chip is and step by step guide to replaceing - childs play..NO NEED TO REMOVE TUNER FROM DBOX. Just remove the cover like it shows in this video.

My DBOX now working fine again. So if you have same problem save yourself buying a new box or forking out over €50 on a tuner just do what i did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3zwx_Tb9tI

11. brock8769

brock8769 Member

Thanks for the reply. I simply want to get as many channels as is possible for the most reasonable price with a system that is easy to use and fix if it breaks. And I suppose future proof against having to buy new boxes when the digital TV comes in. Do any of the other boxes do anything different to the DBox. I will do some research but there is nothing like the experience or word of mouth from people who use them.

Thanks

12. ugy101

ugy101 Member

hello again guys,

my dbox has lost all channels again, except free to air.

anyone else in same boat?

i have the latest blade quad image and i'v tried the scan a few times but no luck?

13. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

NOTHING can be done but wait for a fix and this applies to all types of boxes no matter where you are in the UK!!!No codes available anywhere on this site!!!

14. sfex3best

sfex3best Member

please send me the new codes to *email removed*

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  15. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

what an idiot

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.