1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to copy a Data DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tally7, Apr 8, 2005.

1. tally7

tally7 Member

I have a DVD with Data files and want to make a backup copy. What is the best software to use?
    Thanks in advance.

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Any dvd copying software that can do exact copies, or copies on the fly.................

Nero, Recordnow to name 2, but there are many more..............

3. tally7

tally7 Member

thanks for the reply. My burner is a Plextor PX708A. I have Ridata DVD+R Blanks. Are they usable for Data DVD's? As you can see this is my first try at buring Data DVDs.
    Thanks for your help and patience.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Have you burned data CD's? If so it is exactly the same process there is nothig special about it. What burning software do you currently have installed?

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Can't be bothered to type so I thought I would agree with bbmayo...........LOL........

Data is data, whatever the medium used.............if you are worried you could also do it the 'long' way round by copying and pasting to the hard and then burn back to cd/dvd.
    But in realistic terms, if you have reputable burning software then there should be a disc to disc feature of some sort...........

6. tally7

tally7 Member

I have NERO 6.3 but I also have DVD shrink. Just looking for something quick and dirty to make a copy. Also Can I use by DVD+R disc?

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Just use Neros copy disk feature. Shrink doesn't write to a disk at all.. You can use any DVD medium your drive supports.

8. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Dam, are you 2 speaking with each other on the phone aswell..........LOL

Yep, agree with mr mayo there, disc to disc feature should work just fine, and I also believe it will handle +r to -r and vice versa..........depending on format of burner you have +r or -r or dual format will handle both.......................