1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V220 USB Data Cabel Software

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by nazdagr8, Sep 26, 2004.

1. cpuwhiz

cpuwhiz Member

Alright ladies and Gents,The only thing that i can help you all with is the info i received.Get the balls like i did and call the moto number i gave-when they ask for a phone number-give them a fake one!Thats what i did-i got the help i needed in under 1 minute-they guided me thru the process w/o asking any questions.i have recently upgraded to 2 new phones- MPx and v3 so im good-if you need help leave me a message in the inbox on here.
    Regards

2. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Duke, you mentioned that you have MPT installed and you can actually sync your calendar and contacts. You also mentioned that the program doesn't see your phone as a V220. I'm asking the next question b/c I want to better understand your situation. I also have a V220 and my MPT sees my phone as a V220. So do you not have access to the multimedia studio where you can transfer ringtones? I don't understand how the program can perform some aspects of the program and not others? Is the V120e a phone that can't accept additional ringtones and/or pictures or something?

Go here to download the USB Modem Driver:
    http://www.free.cz/motorola/

EDIT: I just looked up the V120e. Since it has less features than a V220, the program is at least smart enough to realize it.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  3. Duke5002

Duke5002 Member

Hmmm, which driver do I choose? there are a lot listed...
    Is this why my phone isnt listed in the program?

4. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

You scroll down until you find Motorola_USB_Modem_Driver and yes, that could be why your computer isn't identifying the phone correctly.

5. Duke5002

Duke5002 Member

There are two, the first or the second one? The second is a later version...ug this is confusing...

6. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

it doesn't matter, they are the same. Whoever is hosting this site isn't managing the files very well. Several duplicates in there with the name slightly different.

7. skaterama

skaterama Member

hey does anyone know a program to delete all the pics that are locked to get more space.. a program to unlock the phone..

8. Duke5002

Duke5002 Member

Thanks, I got the hang of it, WOOT. But yea, what he said, is there any way to delete the pix that were on my phone from the start that I dont want?

9. ciocolata

ciocolata Member

for all of you running windows 98..it will not work with mpt...it will only work with win98se and up.
    I have found out that windows 98 usb's are not supported.
    if anyone has found a way around this i would like to know before i go out and have to upgrade to SE just for this one program.

10. Kingz

Kingz Member

Thanks for that il check if it works now. :D thank you

11. greenripa

greenripa Member

yo, is the 3.11 version i got directed to from this forum an unregistered version?? because when i try to access multimedia studio to put mp3's on my phone, it does absoulutly nothing. can somebody PLEASE help me with this confusing software, thanks yall

12. vernitude

vernitude Member

Why can't I see media in the newest version of the phone tools?

13. julieann

julieann Member

Let me get this straight. You must d/l AND INSTALL these 3 things in this order?
    Step 1 - install P2K driver 2.3
    Step 2 - install Motorola USB Modem Driver
    Step 3 - install Mobile Phone Tools

I'm starting all over and don't want to make a mistake.
    Thanks in advance!

14. skaterama

skaterama Member

hey thanks for all the peoples help.. i finnaly got the programs and i had tons of fun with my new ringtones.. im still having trouble finding good games for my phone v220 ,almost every game is too big for the screen haahh well ill keep trying..

15. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

julieann, I'm not sure you have to install the P2K drivers. I never have.

Maybe motodude will check this out and post back. Also, according to Motorola, you should install the Phone Tools first BEFORE attaching your phone to your PC. After installation, reboot, attach phone, install USB Modem Drivers and voila, it should work. LOL

Also, do you have Win98 First Edition or Second Edition? I can't remember. Anyway, as ciocolata pointed out above, you are out of luck if you have 1st edition. (to find out which version of Win98 you have, right click on the My Computer icon on your desktop and select Properties. The window that pops open should have that information near the top. If you show the version number to be something like 4.10.1998 or anything with a 1998, then you have 1st Edition.)

One last thing...when you unzipped the USB Modem drivers into a directory, there should be 4 folders indicating the different Windows OS's. Go into the one for your particular version of Windows. Find the INF file and right click on it and select INSTALL. Make sure your phone is attached. Hopefully this will install the correct driver that Windows said it couldn't find.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  16. sandyban

sandyban Member

any idea about how to do this on a mac? If there are any V 220 mobile phone tools for a mac, please someone let me know. Thanks.

17. Brutto89

Brutto89 Member

I have just purchased the USB Data Cable for my Motorola V220 now they gave me a driver disk and the wire. I plug in my phone and I have XP Pro and it reconizes it then I use the driver disk too run it and it install than it stops and says " The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo Test" Then it says Continue Anyway or STop INSTALLION I click continue and it transfers some files then I click finish on the Wizard and nothing happens

18. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Brutto89, I responded to this same message in another thread. Please don't double post.

19. julieann

julieann Member

Okay, someone tell me if I have this correct. I have the p2k driver, the USB Motorola driver and the MPT. Both drivers need to be unzipped. I need to do that first, right? Then I need to unzip and then [bold]install[/bold] MPT? Then, when do I [bold]plug[/bold] in the phone? When do I go to [bold]Device manager?[/bold] When the computer recognizes my phone, I tell it to use the USB modem driver (for 98se)? When do I use the [bold]p2k?[/bold] I just want to make sure I do this in the correct order. I have read and read all the posts and I'm having to read between the lines to understand everything. There are actually more than 3 steps when you consider the unzipping, installing, etc. Thanks in advance for your help and hopefully I'll get off of here and begin enjoying our camera phones!!

20. cpuwhiz

cpuwhiz Member

you do not need the pk2 drivers-they come with mpt-if you follow my instructions then all this will be REAL simple-i know easier said than done,b/ trust me it is-i upgraded to the MPx220-tired of the hoopla with the v220