1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by malmalmal, Apr 4, 2008.

1. malci

malci Guest

Right then - can I please suggest that you tell me what version of firmware was on the box prior to you flashing it.?

2. carrie36

carrie36 Guest

API version 4.00 e-E
    boot june 07

3. malci

malci Guest

Well the first thing to try is to flash back to that version, I know it does not Auto-roll but try it and see where your upto (Wait - Wait) for the pop up box saying "Download Complete". Your problem could be another fault but do that first please.

4. carrie36

carrie36 Guest

what firmware will i download to flashback to that version, i presune its not the crypstar 1.4 genuine

5. malci

malci Guest

In Eamo's Library at the bottom of post - Starview folder 7th down and into Firmware and it is the bottom file in there.

6. malci

malci Guest

Make sure the box is in Standby (Clock/Time) - and also ensure that App File Only box is ticked. In GtRom 4.00 I should have stated as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2008
  7. carrie36

carrie36 Guest

just downloaded it so here i go, il be back to you. tahmx a mill malci

8. carrie36

carrie36 Guest

No joy whwm i turned on it was on lamguage, tried to auto scan but same story freezes during scan

9. malci

malci Guest

Well it looks to me like a capacitor problem, may have been a coincidence - As you have said it is a genuine box.

10. carrie36

carrie36 Guest

I think I will be looking for a new box, know anyone selling them??? ha ha

11. carrie36

carrie36 Guest

Does that mean theres no hope??

12. malci

malci Guest

Just check here to see if that looks like the problem, courtesy of scOuser, he's your man >>>>>>>>>> there is only 3 screws at the back.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363#3216144

Check the image.

13. DesB

DesB Regular member

Malci...Evening.... Carrie can you put a different providor number in try....5A 01 and see if it goes past the 28% just a thought!

14. malci

malci Guest

Hiya Des, nope I don't think that is the solution = Really think it is a Cap. problem C11 - that's why I wanted to try getting back to the old firmware - hope I'm wrong. but it can be fixed if it is that.

15. carrie36

carrie36 Guest

Hi des, doing it now fingers crossed

16. carrie36

carrie36 Guest

17. DesB

DesB Regular member

18. DesB

DesB Regular member

The gremlins are back lol malci, I havent come accross this one before ,I was thinking that if we could change the providor it might pass the 28% ,its a learning process for us all and i am dying to see the fix, for future reference, as this has been bugging me all night, besides it could be more hugs and xxxx,s for you LOL

19. carrie36

carrie36 Guest

Malaci, Des you have both been fantastic, box is back. I am never flashing another one again, my heart cant take it, she can keep putting in the codes herself. Thank you again for both of your advice I couldnt have got through this without you, I owe you one.

20. malci

malci Guest

Are we saying it's working or what?