1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Pop_Smith....It was garmoon's tip; I only agreed but I'll take the credit LOL! Ah, we're a bunch of old farts thinking nostalgically of life at your age ... enjoy every moment of it kiddo; despite occasional appearances to the contrary, its some of life's greatest years!

2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Oops lol,

Thanks garmoon! :)

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You'll probably throw up when you finally ask her. Oh to be a fly on the wall. Go get her now. LMAO

4. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

So true, I jumped the gun, my friend Craig, who is going to be in my group said that he is sure he is going (due to him going with his girlfriend) but isn't asking until the 2nd weekend in March.

I figure I will ask her next weekend if I don't have time this weekend.

So I told my friend Nick about how I asked her and how I was shooting myself in the foot for the stupid move. He said something to the effect of "Oh well! There is enough positive interest flying between you two that she won't take it as a "pity" asking".

But, that point was (and still is for all future reference) very valid.

Peace

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

my bitch for the night

got home from work and my dog chew the piss out of my cell phone. not sure if i will have to buy a new phone at retail(which will probably be 200.00 plus bucks) or reup my contract with Verison and get another one for around 50 bucks or so. guess i will find out today sometime.Damn dog!!!!

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Where do puppies come from?

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@aabbccdd....I know the feeling all too well and still lament my loss of some years back... my puppy mastiff in a dogs version of "the terrible twos", ate most of my vinyl collection. I came into my living room after work and there were chewed up records everywhere; hundreds of them! If one must have a one hundred pound puppy (he weighed 240 when full grown), don't let him near anything of value until they're out of that damned chewing stage. He did a damned good job on my great grandfather's dining room table too!
    [​IMG]

THat isn't mine but gives you an idea of his size; he could literally eat off the stove out of the pan and did on more than one occasion. God I miss that big dumb drooling beast :(

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah thoses are great dogs gerry , i got the phone replaced for 50 bucks and the Verison folks had a good laugh lol

Alaskan Malamutes don't make good house dogs lol ,heres mind 110lb male

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
  9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Nephilim i think this one comes from HELL !!! lol

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@aabbccdd...People use to ask me, "How can you have a dog that size in an apartment...they don't realize that they prefer to eat and sleep. They love to go for walks but don't even try to run or play frisbee!

You don't live in a snowy area though, do you? My neighbor had a husky or a malamute (don't remember). In the snow, he would go to a sunny area and make a mound with his hind legs about two or three feet high, dig like a six inch hollow in the top and then just lay on it a bathe in the sun. I understand they all do that.

11. ireland

ireland Active member

SO FAR NO BITCHING FOR ME TODAY...

Mozilla releases security updates
    By Candace Lombardi
    Staff Writer, CNET News.com
    Published: February 23, 2007, 2:16 PM PST
    Tell us what you think about this storyTalkBack E-mail this story to a friendE-mail View this story formatted for printingPrint Add to your del.icio.usdel.icio.us Digg this storyDigg this

Mozilla has released updates to its Firefox browser and Thunderbird e-mail client for Windows, Mac and Linux users, the organization announced Friday.

"Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to these latest releases," Mozilla posted on its development site.

"This update resolves the location.hostname vulnerability and other security and stability issues," Mike Schroepfer, vice president of engineering at Mozilla, said in a statement.

The location.hostname vulnerability that Schroepfer referred to was the Firefox cookie flaw discovered by Michal Zalewski, an ethical hacker from Poland.

In mid-February, Zalewski posted his proof-of-concept on a mailing list for other security experts. It said that a flaw in Firefox could allow hackers to set or change cookies, permissions for Web site settings and passwords, for their own purposes. A fix for the high-impact flaw was made by Firefox developers last week.

This update includes the patch for that fix, as well as a fix for the critical level flaw involving memory corruption that can lead to crashes. That flaw left people using JavaScript in their mail--a practice Mozilla "strongly discourages"--open to attacks.

"Thanks to the work of our contributors we have been able to address these issues quickly in order to minimize the security risk to Firefox users," Schroepfer said.

The update is available in 37 languages from the GetFirefox.com and GetThunderbird.com Web sites for 1.5.0.10 versions of Firefox and Thunderbird, as well as Firefox 2.0.0.2. It is also scheduled to be available as of late Friday afternoon by clicking "Check for Updates..." in the Firefox Help menu.
    http://news.com.com/Mozilla+releases+security+updates/2100-1002_3-6161850.html?tag=nefd.top

12. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

My complaint for today:

I have to work all night long, I have been at work since 7am at my new job, I just got home (almost 5p.m.) and I have to be to my old job, my last day there is Sunday, from about 5:30 to somewhere around 10. If its busy I think I might die. :p

No update with my friend Michelle yet (she is the one whom I asked to Prom a few days after a bad date she had >.<) Hopefully her and I will hang out tomorrow night.

13. ireland

ireland Active member

WHAT A DAY!

Dear God:

Yesterday was an awful day for me...

My husband ran off with his secretary,

My son pierced his eyebrow,

My daughter tattooed the bald spot on her head,

My dog mated with the neighbors cat,

My neighbor sold her house to a mental institution,

My Mom told me I was adopted,

My Dad told me he's gay,

My boss told me I was laid off,

My sister was arrested for prostitution,

My house has termites,

My car was stolen,

All that came in the mail was bills,

A plane, crash landed on my garage,

OJ Simpson came to my door selling rug cleaner,

And my TV blew.

Lord, please be with me today.

I was able to live through all that misery yesterday.

And I will be able to make it through anything today! But please....

DON'T LET ANYTHING HAPPEN TO MY COMPUTER!!!!!

AMEN

14. ireland

ireland Active member

I DON'T WANNA BE WITHOUT MY AFTERDAWN

I don't wanna do the dishes
    I don't wanna do the wash
    I sprinkled clothes a week ago
    And now my iron is lost!

I don't wanna rattle pots
    I don't wanna rattle pans
    I see the mail light flashin'
    I wanna chat with friends!

Oh the tables need some dustin'
    and the floor could sure be mopped
    But I know if I get started
    there'll be no place to stop.

The closets are so full
    things are falling off the shelves
    I wish for cleaning fairies
    and magic little elves.

They could sprinkle fairy dust
    and twitch their little nose
    The windows would be sparkling
    I would have no dirty clothes.

Oh I know that I'm just dreamin'
    My head is in the sky
    I must cook that meat that's greying
    and bake that apple pie.

The Hubby needs a bath
    Doggy needs attention
    Oh.. the other way around I mean
    my brain is in suspension.

I am runnin' round in circles
    I am gettin' nothin' done,
    I keep thinking of my web
    I am missing all the fun!

Well I know I'm not addicted
    though I hear that all the time
    But I guess this stuff can wait on me
    Cause Today I'll Be On Line at afterdawn!!!

15. ireland

ireland Active member

i wonder if we have some blond members,[​IMG]

A blonde goes into a coffee shop and notices there's a "Peel & Win"
    sticker on her coffee cup.

So she peels it off and starts screaming, "I've won a motorhome!
    I've won a motorhome!"

The waitress says, "That's impossible. The biggest prize is a free Lunch."

But the blonde keeps on screaming, "I've won a motorhome! I've won a
    motorhome!" >

Finally, the manager comes over and says, "Ma'am, I'm sorry, but you're
    mistaken.

You couldn't have possibly won a motorhome because we didn't have that
    as a prize."

The blonde says, "No, it's not a mistake. I've won a motorhome!"

She hands the ticket to the manager and HE reads...

"W I N A B A G E L"

P.S.: I just pass 'em on, I don't write 'em!

16. ireland

ireland Active member

DO YE THINK THIS GUYS GIRLFRIEND WAS PI@@ED OFF AT HIM?

[​IMG]

17. ireland

ireland Active member

A Scotsman moves to the United States and attends his first baseball game.

The first batter approaches the batters' box, takes a few swings and then hits a double.

Everyone is on their feet screaming "Run!!!"

The next batter hits a single.

The Scotsman listens as the crowd again cheers "RUN!! RUN!!"

The Scotsman is enjoying the game and begins screaming with the fans.

The fifth batter comes up and four balls go by.

The Umpire calls: "Walk."

The batter starts his slow trot to first base.

The Scot stands up and screams, "Run ye lazy bastard rrrun!"

The people around him begin laughing. Embarrassed, the Scot sits back down.

A friendly fan notes the man's embarrassment, leans over and explains, "He can't run -- he has four balls."

The Scot stands up and screams:

"Walk with pride, Laddie!"

18. ireland

ireland Active member

[​IMG]

March: Boycott the RIAA month

p2pnet.net news:- It's been tried before, quite a few times, and now the guys at Gizmodo over in Hungary want to give it another shot. And why not? If at first you don't succeed .......

We're talking about boycotting 'product' made by the RIAA's owners, the members of the Big 4 Organized Music cartel.

Gizmodo wants March to be Boycott the RIAA month and here's part of what Adam Frucci has to say:

Without their millions of dollars to throw at lawyers, the RIAA is toothless. They get their money from us, the consumers, and if we don't like the way they're behaving, we can let them know with our wallets.

With that in mind, Gizmodo is declaring the month of March Boycott the RIAA month. We want to get the word out to as many people as humanly possible that we can all send a message by refusing to buy any album put out by an RIAA label. Am I saying you should start pirating music? Not at all. You can continue to support the artists you enjoy and respect in a number of ways.

Firstly, I encourage everyone to purchase music from unsigned bands and bands on independent record labels. There are tons of great artists out there, many of which you're probably already a fan of, that have nothing to do with the RIAA. Buy their records at eMusic, an online store that sells independent tunes in beautiful, DRM-free MP3 format.

Secondly, you can still support RIAA-signed bands without buying their music. Go see them live and buy their merchandise; they get a hell of a lot more money from that then they do from album sales. And hey, you could benefit from getting out more, couldn't you?

If you are unsure whether or not an album is put out by an RIAA label, the handy RIAA Radar will clear everything up for you. They have both a search engine and a great bookmarklet, so be sure to get yourself hooked up.

Let me just reiterate that we are not saying you should stop buying music and start pirating everything. We need to send a message with our wallets to the RIAA, and that message will only be stronger if we show support for musicians without your money making its way to the lawyer fund.

So come on, make next month one to remember. Let's stand together and let the RIAA know that yes, we are paying attention and no, we aren't going to put up with their unethical practices any longer.

Millions of dollars? Try billions. And if you're among those who still keep the cash pouring in, now's the time to stop.

Do it for a month and then keep it up.

And while you're at it, remember: the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) isn't American. It's operated by EMI (Britain), Vivendi Universal (France) and Sony BMG (Japan and Germany) with the fourth component, Warner Music, the only US company. And even that's run by a Canadian.

The RIAA sue 'em all campaign is just one element of a carefully orchestrated, world-wide effort fronted by dozens of other Big Four 'trade' organizations such as the IFPI (the umbrella outfit), BPI, CRIA, ARIA, and so on and so on.

And here's a list of RIAA 'associate' labels.
    http://p2pnet.net/riaalabels.html

Spread the word and stay tuned.
    http://p2pnet.net/story/11427

19. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

You know what I wanna bitch about?

The fact that almost any reply regarding something that has to do with the Gaming aspect of this site is poorly cited, poorly articulated, and worst of all, poorly spelled.

I know a few of the posters are not of the English language, but you can at least use Spell Checker or some shit before you put it up!!

Every time I read a possibly good forum topic or News discussion, some loud-mouthed, illiterate bastard has to come in and write some flame bait comment and ruin it for the rest of us. Then there's just a bunch of repetitive generic comments that follow someone's well thought out comment saying almost the same exact thing, but just poorly spelled or totally understandable.

Half the time I read though comments, half the time I skip it all and just write what I have to say, because I get sick of seeing the same old crap every single time.

So, just please, at least ATTEMPT to write with some rhetoric for the people that actually know how to read.

20. ireland

ireland Active member

Teacher attacked in iPod row

p2pnet.net news:- iPods and the like aren't allowed in class in Philadelphia's Germantown High School, and 60-year-old teacher Frank Burd had two bones broken in his neck when he tried to take one way from a student, says businessportal.com.

A 17-year-old had an iPod in class and a, "15-year-old student joined the confrontation and either punched or helped trip Burd, who fell and hit his head, said Fernando Gallard, a spokesman for the Philadelphia School District," says the story.

Both two students, neother of whom was named because of their ages, were charged with aggravated assault, simple assault and reckless endangerment and will be expelled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.