1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

how meny of ye members have fleas?????

[​IMG]

2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

@Neph, its very true.

My bitches:

Gas mileage, my truck gets about 10 miles per gallon if I am lucky I can get 12-13. I love my truck and it looks nice for the most part.

The sucky thing is as much as I love driving a truck as people seem to be nicer to you in traffic due to your size, I hate what it does to my pocket book having to put gas in it two or three times a month depending on how much I drive.

Bitch deuce, thick-headed people. I know that everyone is thick headed at one time or another but at work today I had one person (ok more like 3-4, unluckily all in a row, but one in particular) that I had to repeat a "rebuttal", aka a lawyer approved statement, about seven times before they requested a supervisor who said the exact same thing about four times before the person finally got it and said they would call the representative they had talked to back and said good bye.

3. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

After days of searching for the case I want...I finally find some from Falcon Northwest that will do...I phone them...they have two that they will not use in their current builds...they no longer use the case that I want...They are used and have damage...they send me pictures and the price for one of the cases...Over the years I have steered many a customer to Falcon Northwest for their custom painted cases...with-in 5 minutes of the first E-mail...I Receive a second E-mail stating...

Original E-mail

Needless to say...Falcon will never receive another endorsement from me...I guess its time to just go to one of the local custom car shops...and have my own case painted...I am sure I will get a better job...done exactly to my specifications...at a cheaper price...I just did not want to have to wait for the process to be done...

4. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

@Lp531, that is very poor customer service. Especially after they said you could get one only five minutes before.

A local body shop could do it for you but it would probably be kind of expesive but it depends on how detailed you want it. If you have drawing skills or can get multiple angled shots printed from an online design they could do it for you easily.

Peace

5. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

What pisses me off is...they have not sold this style case in the last 3 years...these were used with a scratch...its not like $500 was a deal on the case...I bet they still have those cases lying around in 3 more years...

Falcon does not even paint them...they sub it out to smooth creations:
    http://www.smoothcreations.com/pilot.asp?pg=system-avatar

I just do not want to ship a case to Oregon...and wait a month or more to get it back...One nice thing about being in Modesto...Lots of Custom Hot Rod Shops with unbelievable painters...From now on if a customer wants something custom...I will have it produced locally...

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That's pretty lame on Falcon's part. You're right in that $500 isn't exactly a deal. The only thing I can figure is that the bossman doesn't want anything Falcon out there without Falcon guts in order to uphold their performance rep or exclusivity but then again a guy that bought a custom faclon three years ago (same case as the one you wanted) and wants to upgrade might just throw all new parts in on his own making it a moot point. Who knows.

7. antomic

antomic Regular member

hey neph,
    I think maybe the 50k image size limit could maybe be reased to 75 or 100. I know there are people who have dial-up, but it's not "slow" dial up. They could load a page in maybe 10 or 20 seconds instead of a minute.....or i don't know...you guys have your reasons. Just a suggestion.

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

belive me antomic it ain't gonna happen lol

and Nephilim its a good thing its you with sig problems . i would have already been banned for a month LMAO !!

9. antomic

antomic Regular member

i guess.....

10. rav009

rav009 Active member

Nah, I think 50KB is right. Unless we have the option to turn sig visibility on or off, so then if you have dial up you can turn them off and not have any problems, leaving others to be able to enjoy larger sigs.

11. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Bitch of the day
    what a retard...

12. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Just tell the smacktard to use duct tape and some "D" batteries to get it to work. Tell him very slowly to put the shiney side of the disk down.

13. ireland

ireland Active member

i have a bitch,some of those stickys can be removed..meaning un stickied

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here 167
    How old/young are you (to all)? 3461
    Where are you sat? 732
    Feeding the spammers 10
    A message for the forum 14
    Posts made here don't count towards member level 73
    Regarding Thread Titles 64
    The Word Association Game (closed) 4140
    User Bars for members 405
    Unofficial afterdawn chat on the stormchat network. 94
    The URL Thread!! 12
    No political threads allowed (closed) 1
    ****Read This About Rankings**** (closed) 1
    READ THIS FIRST: Forum rules (closed) 1

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  14. ireland

ireland Active member

warning,as this can happen to ye

Police blotter: E-spying OK in divorce case

Man captures keystrokes and screen grabs of wife's chats with suspected lover--and is allowed to use them in divorce case.
    By Declan McCullagh
    Staff Writer, CNET News.com
    Published: March 1, 2007, 6:00 AM PST

"Police blotter" is a weekly News.com report on the intersection of technology and the law.

What: Husband uses keystroke logger to spy on wife's suspected relationship with another woman, who sues to prevent the records from being used in the divorce case.

When: U.S. District Judge Thomas Rose in the southern district of Ohio rules on February 14.

Outcome: Rose denies request for injunction preventing the electronic documents from being introduced as evidence in the divorce case.

What happened, according to court documents:
    Once upon a time, tempestuous divorces might have included one spouse snooping through the other's private correspondence or eavesdropping on private conversations taking place in another room.

That kind of snooping was, for the most part, entirely legal. But when the same kind of snooping happens in electronic form, it can be a federal crime. (Last year, Police Blotter covered the case of the Garfinkel divorce. Another case involving spyware arose a year earlier.)

That doesn't seem to be the case here. Jeffery Havlicek filed for a divorce from his wife Amy Havlicek in Ohio's Greene County Common Pleas Court. Amy had been chatting through e-mail and instant messages with a woman named Christina Potter. Jeffery suspected that Potter and his wife, Amy, were romantically involved in a lesbian "relationship of some sort," his attorney would later say in a legal brief.

Around that time, Jeffery installed some sort of monitoring software on the family computer--a Dell Precision 220 that was located in the guest room, was used by multiple family members including teenage children, and did not have a password on it most of the time. (There is disagreement about why the software was installed; Jeffery says it was in part because of his daughter's increased use of the Internet.)

Jeffery has admitted this much. In a sworn affidavit (PDF), he said that he installed an unnamed monitoring utility in September 2005, three months before his wife moved out of their home. The affidavit said the utility "collects keyboard typing, screen shots, and requested access to Web sites...The keyboard typing utility logs the time and sequence of keystrokes...The screen shot logging feature is similar to hitting the 'print screen' button on most keyboards. It saves an image of what appears on the monitor."

He also admitted to downloading e-mail from his wife Amy's Web-based e-mail account, but claimed it was authorized because she had chosen to save her username and password through the browser's "remember me" feature.

In total, Jeffery has acknowledged compiling 80 keyboard and Web site log files in HTML format, over 2,000 individual screen snapshots in JPEG format, six video tapes, six audio tapes, and numerous other files including "24 electronic documents from diaries, love letters, etc."

He planned to use that vast array of electronic evidence as ammunition to win his divorce case. Eventually his lawyer showed some of the correspondence between Amy Havlicek and Christina Potter to Amy's own attorney. In an affidavit (PDF), Potter claims that the correspondence was also shown to neighbors and a court-appointed custody evaluator "to harass, annoy, and inflict emotional injury on me."

Potter, his wife's alleged paramour, responded by filing a federal lawsuit designed to shut Jeffery up. She asked for an injunction barring any "disclosure" or "dissemination" of the electronic documents, including preventing them from being used in the divorce case taking place in state court.

The Electronic Communications Privacy Act, a federal law, was violated during the recording, Potter claimed. ECPA (18 USC Section 2511) bans anyone from disclosing "to any other person the contents of any wire, oral, or electronic communication" that was obtained illegally.

Potter lost. U.S. District Judge Thomas Rose said that ECPA does not permit courts to disallow such evidence, saying that appeals courts "have concluded that Congress intentionally omitted illegally intercepted electronic communications from the category of cases in which the remedy of suppression is available." He also rejected her request for a broader injunction, saying it would violate Jeffery's freedom of speech as protected by the First Amendment.

Rose did say, however, that "disclosure of the information in state court by Jeffery Havlicek or his attorney" might be "actionable civilly or criminally." He suggested that the "remember me" option probably didn't give Jeffery an implied right to view his wife's e-mail messages. And he ordered Jeffery to provide Potter, his wife's alleged paramour, with the complete set of electronic evidence that he had planned to use in the divorce case.

Excerpt from Rose's opinion:
    Because the suppression provision excludes illegally intercepted wire and oral communications from the courtroom, but does not mention electronic communications, several courts, including the Sixth Circuit, have concluded that Congress intentionally omitted illegally intercepted electronic communications from the category of cases in which the remedy of suppression is available.

With this distinction in mind, the court finds that it does not have the authority to forbid the disclosure of the allegedly intercepted communications to the state official determining custody of the Havliceks' children or any other state court proceeding. This is not to imply, however, that disclosure of the information in state court by Jeffery Havlicek or his attorney might not be actionable civilly or criminally under 18 USC (Section) 2511. In any event, the court's inability to enjoin the presentation of this evidence in state court does not resolve the question of whether the injunction on disclosing this information in other context should issue. Therefore, the court will proceed to consider the appropriateness of relief in this case, beginning with plaintiff's chances of succeeding on the merits.

Defendant's response to the motion for preliminary injunction claims that the keystroke recording and screen shot recording software do not record communications contemporaneously with the transmission of the communications. Contemporaneousness was an element originally introduced to 18 USC (Section) 2511 when the law applied only to wire and oral communications...

We conclude that the term "electronic communication" includes transient electronic storage that is intrinsic to the communication process for such communications. That conclusion is consistent with our precedent...

Moreover, the court views the screen shot software as distinct from the keystroke software in regards to the interstate commerce requirement. In contrast to the keystrokes, which, when recorded, have not traveled in interstate commerce, the incoming emails subjected to the screen shot software have traveled in interstate commerce. Additionally, there is no evidence before the court to allow any conclusion that the technical aspects of the instant case result in Potter's claim being defeated by a lack of contemporaneousness, even if the court were to find this element necessary...

Defendant raises another hurdle to success on the merits, however, by referring to the case of United States v. Ropp, which focuses on the requirement in 18 USC (Section) 2510(12) that the interception be of an interstate or foreign communication or be of a communication affecting interstate commerce. Ropp notes that keystroke software records the entirely internal transmission from the keyboard to the CPU, and records all keystrokes, whether they initiate signals destined to travel in interstate commerce or not. The decision, however, seems to read the statute as requiring the communication to be traveling in interstate commerce, rather than merely "affecting" interstate commerce. It seems to this court that the keystrokes that send a message off into interstate commerce "affect" interstate commerce...

Because the ECPA does not provide for the relief of suppression of illegally intercepted electronic communications sought to be used as evidence in a court case, and because a balancing of plaintiff's impending irreparable harms and the public interest in the requested injunction against plaintiff's likelihood of success on the merits of her claims weighs in favor of not granting the requested injunction, plaintiff's motion for preliminary injunction, Doc. 16, is denied.
    http://news.com.com/2100-1030_3-6163368.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

15. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

not these ones

Feeding the spammers 10
    A message for the forum 14
    Posts made here don't count towards member level 73
    Regarding Thread Titles 64
    No political threads allowed (closed) 1
    ****Read This About Rankings**** (closed) 1
    READ THIS FIRST: Forum rules (closed) 1

16. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Looks like you are all having fun at my favorite online site :p

I have to go back to work now after a 45-minute (usually only 30(!)) lunch, no real bitching today as I get off work in 2.5 hours.

Peace

Pop Smith

17. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I've always thought the stickies were a bit thick in the safety valve, but have always been too lazy to say anything about it...also this is the safety valve, it's really out of the norm of the rest of the site anyway.

18. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I was thinking something similar, but some of the stickies have bursts of activity from time to time...

Randomness pt6.. saw 2 closed "how many posts" threads by the same person.. I passed 2000 without even noticing

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2007
  19. ireland

ireland Active member

[​IMG]

It's March! RIAA boycott month!

p2pnet.net news:- It's March 1 and that means it's the month for NOT buying anything put out by the people who pay for the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) or any of the other Big 4 alphabet sue 'em all organizations around the world.

Gizmodo proposed March as Boycott the RIAA month, and it's a great idea.

EMI (Britain), Vivendi Universal (France), Sony BMG (Japan and Germany) and Warner Music (US) are still suffering under the delusion that we need them, figuring they can get away unscathed as they try to sue us into buying their over-priced, low-quality downloads..

But they're wrong, dead wrong, and on both counts.

Some people say, Why Bother? It doesn't make any difference.

Who says it doesn't? The labels claim all kinds of things are causing significant dips in their sales numbers, but you never see anything about the fact that thanks to the Big 4's bizarre sue 'em all marketing campaign, a new consumer base has been born: music lovers who wouldn't touch corporate 'product' with a barge pole.

And that's having an effect on sales. Bank on it.

Digital Copyright Canada's Ruseell McOrmond had a few thoughts on the subject ----- exactly five years ago to the day.

Here's what he posted:

Piracy or Boycott: Can you tell the difference?

As I read my email today I read two interesting messages. One was a reference to an article from ITBusiness.ca titled, Steal this article which ended in the quote "The Internet has the power to make Hollywood and Big Music irrelevant.".

The second was an announcement from Studio 2 about their show tonight including a segment called "Music Industry Woes".

The Studio 2 announcement goes as follows:

Music Industry Woes

Napster may be dead, but thanks to Gnutella and Morpheus and a host of other file 'sharing' programs, the downloading of copyrighted material off the Internet is alive and well. Video killed the radio star, will the Internet kill the record companies?

Producer: Kaly Vittala

What frustrates me about the Studio 2 introduction is that while I agree with the record companies that their revenues have went down recently, their analysis of the numbers are fundamentally flawed. Their revenues have gone down because they have started an assault on music fans with their lawsuits against peer-to-peer file sharing.

There is no way for the recording industry to tell the difference between lost revenue to people who are sharing big-label music on the Internet, or people like myself who have simply decided to boycott the big-labels.

In April of 2000 I sent out my article, "Bye, Metallica: a lost fan", and created the URL of http://metallica.flora.org/. I wrote that URL onto all the Metallica CD's I owned, and brought to a used CD store. As of that day I have boycott the products of any RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) or MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) member.

I made one exception last summer when I bought two DVD movies. In this case I bought the movies with the specific intent of playing them on my Linux computer using an Open-Source DVD player. I knew that this was in direct violation of the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act, a controversial law in the USA) and I submitted details of this action to the Canadian Government's copyright reform process as a reply to the Canadian Motion Pictures Distributors Association (CMPDA) submission.

I do believe that revenue is being lost by these media cartels, and I am doing my part to help ensure that this continues to happen. These cartels will continue to claim that it is peer-to-peer networking that is bringing them down. I suspect that the Candle Production Association of our distant past also attempted to blame the invention of the light-bulb on their financial woes, and wished that they could have enacted laws to stop it.

Stay tuned.

Slashdot Slashdot it!

Also See:
    a great idea - March: Boycott the RIAA month, March 1, 2007

If your Net access is blocked by government restrictions, try Psiphon from the Citizen Lab at thIs the end (of the Net) nigh?zze University of Toronto's Munk Centre for International Studies. Go here for the official download, here for the p2pnet download, and here for details. And if you're Chinese and you're looking for a way to access independent Internet news sources, try Freegate, the DIT program written to help Chinese citizens circumvent web site blocking outside of China. Download it here.
    rss feed: http://p2pnet.net/p2p.rss | | Mobile - http://p2pnet.net/index-wml.php | | And use free p2pnet newsfeeds for your site Tired of being treated like a criminal? They depend on you, not the other way around. Don't buy their 'product'. Do bug your local politicians. Use emails, snail-mail, phone calls, faxes, IM, stop them in the street, blog. And if you're into organizing, organize petitions, organize demonstrations and then turn up on your local political rep's doorstep, making sure you've contacted your local tv/radio station/newspaper in advance. Don't just complain. Do something!

(Thursday 1st March 2007)
    http://p2pnet.net/story/11498

20. ireland

ireland Active member

MY BITCH OF THE DAY

Teacher Allegedly Cuts Boy's Tongue

Mar 01 2:38 PM US/Eastern

ROME (AP) -- A novice teacher in Milan is under criminal investigation for allegedly using scissors to cut the tongue of a second-grader for talking in class, Italian news agencies said Thursday. The 7-year-old boy, who has not been publicly identified, needed six stitches in his tongue from the Feb. 20 incident, said Piero Porciani, a lawyer for the child's parents, a Tunisian couple.

The teacher, 22, was being investigated for suspected voluntary harm of the boy, the ANSA news agency said.

The office of Milan prosecutor Marco Ghezzi said he wasn't there and couldn't give out any information about an investigation.

Porciani told The Associated Press by telephone from Milan that the teacher has been suspended from the school while the incident is investigated.

The mother has said in TV interviews that her son is exhibiting a fear of knives in the kitchen after his tongue was cut.

"He's not eating, he's not sleeping, he doesn't want to go school. He cries a lot because of the pain," Porciani said.

Italian news reports said the teacher, who was assisting the main instructor, repeatedly asked the child to be quiet when her colleague left the classroom briefly.

When the boy continued to talk and move about the classroom, the teacher allegedly told the child she would take scissors to his tongue, then told him to stick out his tongue when he refused to quiet down.

"It's an absolutely unjustifiable act that calls for zero tolerance," said Anna Maria Dominici, the school superintendent for Lombardy, the region that includes Milan.

According to Porciani, the teacher, who was not identified, said she didn't mean to cut the tongue.

Newspapers said the teacher claimed she was only joking by talking about using the scissors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.