AfterDawn Forums

Looking for a good BIOS for XBOX 1.6

This discussion thread has 7 messages.

Hi! Just wondering if someone can recommend a good BIOS for 1.6. Also, can one tell the difference between 1.6 and 1.6b? I installed a Spice and can't get any video or audio on my TV despite the fact that all of the proper LEDS are lit up. I'm thinking maybe there is no BIOS on the chip or it's pooched. Thanks in advance!!
▼▼ This topic has 6 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
mdsup Suspended due non-functional email address
flash your chip with the new x2 bios...it is compatible with 1.6 xbox's.

(do not flash with x2 4983...there is a brand new x2 bios out, but i can't remember the numbers)

1.6 xbox
x3
dual hd's
seagate 300gig hd
seagate 100gig notebook hd
lots of led's

Halo2 LE(the blue case)
x3/x3 control panel/x3 lcd
400gig seagate
blue/green eject light
white controller port lights
Thanks... I'll give that a shot!! Any idea where I can find that? Is that the Xenium 2 BIOS? Sorry... I'm a real newbie here....
One more question... will I be able to flash the bios without being able to see the screen? Does it require input on my behalf? Thanks again!
elusiv1 Suspended due non-functional email address
Yup, the new X2 5028 bios is compatible with 1.6 Xbox's or you could use the EvoxM8_16:)) You can find them from the usual places...cheers

Q9550@4.0ghz,Gigabyte EP45-UD3P,OCZ Vendetta 2 cooler,VisionTek 4870X2,1TB Samsung Spinpoint SATA/3GB,4GB G.Skill DDR2 1066,LG Blu-ray/HDDVD combo drive,Corsair HX-1000 Modular,Hannspree 28" LCD,Coolermaster Cosmos S
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=473095

2 Xbox 360 Jaspers(flashed w/Ixtreme LT), PS3, Wii
Samsung 4071,Samsung 4095, Samsung 245BW LCD Displays
i have the same problem.. can anyone tell me how fixed.. no audio no video, no eject and turn it green it try to start 3 times. but no audio etc..
Hallo 4BMS3,

I'm a newbee too, owning a x-box 1.6 since 2 weeks.

I've the smart xx-lt-opx modchip installed, and flashed the old chromwell-bios (which ist NOT designed for version 1.6). There is not a nice resolution on the screen, but it's sufficient, to undertake other experiments.

Some problems I had with my DVD-drive Hitachi-LG 8050L, which read no burned CD's, but DVD's. I experimentally deadjusted to potentiometers on the laser unit, now it's reading self-burned CD's (but no DVD's)...

I'also like to know the difference between 1.6 and 1.6b

Norbert
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.