1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ok, lost as all hell here

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by arbrnhntr, Apr 22, 2005.

1. arbrnhntr

arbrnhntr Member

I got the dvd decrypter and successfully decrypted a movie, "the green mile". I tracked to where the decryption files went to if that is what they were. I tried to use the burner program that came with the dvd burner (IOMEGA) and here is wher I stop. I still get errors about it being copyrighted. I tried a different program and still nothing. I am using the "copy a dvd" option, i tried to put the original in the dvd player on the puter and then copying it to my new dvd in the burner and it all failed. I tried to put the orignal in the burner it self and see if it would "save the movie to a specified folder that i could later copy to the new dvd in the same drive, and nothing. What the hell am I doing wrong?

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

no matter what copy program i am using always use slysofts Anydvd in the background.Even though its not always neccessary i think over time i have now got a pretty sure way of backing up my dvds.Slysofts anydvd will bypass the copy protection mechanisms that are found in most commercially made dvds and also affect change to the region codes.

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

DVD Decrypter is also a burning program. I am not sure what program you got with you IOmega but it probably is not that good. Download a program called DVD Shrink that will work in conjunction with Decrypter. There are guides listed in my sig by bbmayo and Scuba Pete this will show how the progs operate. Read the newbie thread for more info.

4. arbrnhntr

arbrnhntr Member

so dvd shrink is a burning program? do i use dvd encrypter to decrypt movie to a movie and then copy that file using the dvd shrink program or what?

5. arbrnhntr

arbrnhntr Member

Also, the new files created from decrypting are about 7.2 Gb and I know that is too large for a dvd disc so what do i do from here. One movie had the extra features but the other, "pirates of the caribbean" is just the movie.

6. bafukie

bafukie Member

use dvd shrink to reduce the size of your mastercopy dvd to a recordable 4.7gb and then use dvd decrypter to burn your dvd out. Check out the guide on arniebear's sig. Will teach you step by step how to make a copy for your dvd. Cheers

7. arbrnhntr

arbrnhntr Member

I did it all step by step according to Mayo's home page, how to burn a dvd using dvd shrink, and the end result was an error that said " DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. failed to create folder, incorrect function. I selected to send this straight to the burner (drive e:) but it was a no go. I don't have nero anymore since i lost it when my old computer crashed. Any ideas?

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Read the guide again, both Petes and bbmayo, in backup target select burn with decrypter, in select target image pick the file where you want your movie. DVD Shrink is not a burning programs it encodes your file so it will fit on a single layer DVD-5 disk, you must use either nero or DVD Decrypter to burn.

Courtesy of Scuba Pete's Guide, the one I learned from, Thanx Pete

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  9. arbrnhntr

arbrnhntr Member

Ok now I have decrypted the movie and saveed it to a file like it says in the instructions. But do I burn it as "copy a dvd" or do i burn it as "copy data" or what selection do i use?

10. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

by the sounds of it you arent getting what the instructions say. do exactly what the instructions say and it will work fine, trust me this is a pretty well proven method.

11. arbrnhntr

arbrnhntr Member

Well, I guess patience is a virtue after all because it finally worked. I just need to be more patient. The directions from ScubaPete were dead on. I am just inpatient. One more thing, do you have to do anything special to copy dvd's that are shows? Say to burn a copy of Friends which has multiple beginnings and endings? I had a friend make copies of Simpsons and all I got was the first episode of each disc instead of all 5 or 6 episodes. And he couldn't figure it out. One last thing, do I need to do anything special to not copy commentaries or special features if it is all on one disc? I don't think so since if I remember right, I selected "main movie" from somewhere. Also, am I safe to assume that I can delete the ISO image file that was saved to my HD?

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Yes you can backup episodic disks, your friend did something wrong when they did their backup. Go back and read the guides and especially the newbie thread which are all in my sig. These will get you through. Glad you were able to get it to work, as you said it just takes a little patience. If you have backed up your movie successfully then yes just delete the file. Happy burning.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  13. arbrnhntr

arbrnhntr Member

I will try the episode thing in the future. Right now I am experiencing MAJOR problems with this brand new DELL. I am on the line with DELL and we are trying to fix several issues, like gee, lets say I can't even do a system restore. How about them apples? Thanks for the excellent support and you folks are AWESOME!! Ya'll get great reviews from me anytime............chris

14. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I own a 2 year old Dell and I have not been to unhappy with it, I hope you get all you probs straightened out. You got the basics the rest will fall into place. Good Luck.

15. arbrnhntr

arbrnhntr Member

Funny thing, my ex wife has a new dell and my girlfriend has a new DELL and they both are having problems too. TTYL-chris

16. bsquiggle

bsquiggle Member

post removed as it was meant to be a new thread..oops sorry!

Last edited: May 24, 2005