1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI to DVD? 250% of the Disc!?!?!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Grindking, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Grindking

Grindking Member

I have seen countless threads on this, but can someone PLEASE give me some help

i have a couple of movies, i believe they are all .AVI they are about 700mb each, give or take 10 or 20 mb. anyways i tried TMPGEnc to convert it to DVD and when i put it thru it says, will use 250% of the DVD Disc? What am I doing wrong? the movies are about 120 minutes each and under NTSC DVD on TMPGEnc it says for movies less then 150 minutes.

when i put the .avi file into it, it comes out at the end and it says something like 355 minutes long, what am I doing wrong!

thanks alot for the help!

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

either use DIVXTODVD to get the avi to vob/bup/ifo for burning in one go! its free app

loads multiple files at once to make 1 film, avi/mpeg/ + vob i think?

[​IMG]

or use this new baby i just found which is dam good! with 5 encoders!

use HCenc its better all round!

this one doesnt load mpegs i dont think? only avi/ogm/mkv ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  3. Minion

Minion Senior member

What determines the Size of the Encoded Mpeg-2/DVD File is the Bitrate you use to encode the File and It"s Length...So if Tmpgenc says that the Movie will take up 250% of a DVD then it is because you have the Bitrate set WAY too High...Lower the Bitrate so that the Movie doesn"t take up that much space.....

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Hi

this is one of them.....