1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little information to assist you if you are deciding to buy the Spiderchip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Ghost28, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Ghost28

Ghost28 Member

Hey guys,

I just wanted to quickly share my experience with installing the new spiderchip 1.1.

Yesterday, I received the chip from console resource.com. Upon removing the packing, the first thing I noticed were the wires. They looked so flimsy and seemed like they were going to break off as soon as I touched them. Unfortunately the wires turned out to be the least of my problems. I began installing the chip. Let me tell you.....getting those wires into the correct ports in the motherboard is a task! I had to use tweezers and it took me about 30 min to do.

This is where I had a real problem. Spiderchip.com states that any bios may be used with the chip. Sooooo I assumed that since they were the manufacturer, they new what they were talking about-- AND NOT LEAVING ANYTHING OUT-- (Like that particular chip will only work with EvoX M8 and other select bios)--

So to make a long story short, I installed the incorrect BIOS. With the spiderchip folks, it is one strike and your out. If you flash incorrectly, you are stuck with a dead chip and you are $50.00 poorer. It is kind of cool to see your XBOX frag though (Red and Green flashing)....kind of like christmas lights. Anyway luckily, my XBOX still works fine without the modchip. Last night, I just decided to breakdown and purchase the Xenium SP Ice. It seems to be solid and it is REFLASHABLE

My hope is to all that read this post and are deciding on whether to purchase Spiderchip 1.1. Please make sure that you do the proper research before beginning an install that could turn out to be a nightmare.

Any questions are welcome

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Man, that is not cool! Well, your post has finalized my decision about what I think of the Spider Chip, and that is it SUCKS!

3. Ghost28

Ghost28 Member

Yes,

Good luck to anyone who purchases it and do not expect to get any support from Spiderchip. As a matter of fact it will be an act of god if he or she is able to even get in touch with them.

4. Eddiez

Eddiez Guest

I had the same experince with a spiderchip that my friend intalled on mine, but now I have a Error code 5 when the chip is turned off. My question is, if I buy a different chip and intall it, will I be able to flash the bios into the new chip without any problems, and have my xbox running normally without the code 5?

5. mdsup

mdsup Guest

error 5 means your hd is unlocked...if you try and run the ms dash with the chip off and hd unlocked you will get error 5...all you need to do is lock the hd and you will be able to run the xbox as if it were stock.

6. Eddiez

Eddiez Guest

excuse my ignorance, but how do I go about locking the HDD. Can someone point me in the right direction? thank you

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

I take it Eddiez that you do have your box softmodded or have a mod chip? If not, then you cannot lock and unlock your HD. What chip are you using? Most dashes allow you to lock and unlock your HD as well as the bios for the chips...

8. vholzaix

vholzaix Member

lol

dude ghost i right....

i messed up when flashing my BIOS
    i thought spiderchip was the best when they described it lol

ah well
    i just need money so i can buy the Xenium S.P.ICE
    i wanted that one 1st but it was kinda expensive ><

jus do what ghost says an ull be alright....

9. g$$$

g$$$ Guest

Enough, why wuoldn't anyone just buy an X3 chip? It is the best and has the best support. Anything else is inferior and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

10. Eddiez

Eddiez Guest

Well, I do have a spiderchip intalled on my box, but it has the wrong bios flashed in it. So My xbox is FRAGing when the chip is on and I'm receiving an error 5 code when the chip is off. from my understanding, code 5 means that the HD is unlocked, so I want to find out how to lock it so that the xbox boots up normally without the chip.

11. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

I PURCHASED A SPIDERCHIP.IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT I WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS WORK.

12. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

All you need to do is make sure to flash it w/ the correct bios, otherwise your screwed!

13. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

whats the correct bios and how do you flash
    i am a newbie as you can tell

14. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

15. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

16. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

how do you flash for the xbox?i only installed my spiderchip

17. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Get the correct bios I listed above. Then burn that bios onto a DVD-R using Nero; the tutorial on how to do that is listed above. Boot up your Xbox and you should see this screen...

[​IMG]

Click the "Load bios from disc" option.

Take the disc, put it in your Xbox, and you'll see your spider chip being flashed.

Your Xbox will turn off, and your done.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2005
  18. vholzaix

vholzaix Member

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT UNLOCK OR LOCK YOUR HDD
    IT WILL SCREW UP YOUR XBOX AND BEGIN TO FRAG
    I HAVE DONE THAT. DONT fusk UP LIKE I DID!

19. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

whats the best way to do it with the spiderchip?

20. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

To do what?