1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unknown VOBU error message when burning disk in CloneDVD - help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nmr1279, Apr 30, 2005.

1. nmr1279

nmr1279 Member

I have been backing up and burning disks for awhile and this is the first time I ever received this error message. After I click "Go", Clone says: Creation of DVD files was not successful
    Scheduler 0 c:/movie/video TS/VTS_01_1.VOB:32: unable to open file TC Sector Reader TCE
    PS 29 VOBU 3 1 VOBU 4 73216 137 TCE

The movie files play fine on my computer - there seems to be no flawed areas, so I am not sure what could be wrong.
    Does anyone know what this means and how to get around it?

Thanks in advance!!

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

are you using AnyDVD or DVD43? or a similar program?

3. nmr1279

nmr1279 Member

In this case, I only used DVDShrink. After that, I use CloneDVD to burn the shrinked files onto a disk. Occasionally there are extra copyrights, which then I use DVDDecrypter and Vob Blanker before I use DVDShrink.
    This movie didn't have extra copyrights and I easily got the files off the disk and onto my computer. They play fine. When I try to write them onto a disk in CloneDVD, I get an error. I haven't had this problem before, so I am not sure how to get around it.
    Thanks!

4. flip218

that is an odd way of doing it. Try ripping w/ DVD Decrytper first then run it through CloneDVD2

5. nmr1279

nmr1279 Member

I don't have CloneDVD 2 unfortunately and haven't been able to upgrade after repeated attempts..but that's a whole other post!
    Also, I lent my disk out to a friend so I can't run it thru decrypter for a few days. is there anything i can do with the files i already have on my computer without having the original disk?
    is there any program that can take the VS files and fix the problem?

6. flip218

Well which clonedvd are you using?

Your files may not need fixing, it may just be clonedvd. Try burning the video_ts file w/ another burning app. like nero or copytodvd. Both have trial versions.

7. nmr1279

nmr1279 Member

I am using CloneDVD 1.
    I will download a trial version of a different program and see if that works. Hopefully it will since it doesn't seem like there is anything is wrong with the files.