1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have Vonage... TIVO will not dial out now

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by amac4life, May 16, 2005.

1. amac4life

amac4life Member

I recently switched to Voice Over IP. Since making the switch, my TIVO box does not dial out. It fails at the negociating or handshaking stage. I've attached a DSL line filter on the line, and no change. Any suggestions?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried calling Vonage support?

3. amac4life

amac4life Member

yeah.. they suggested the dsl line filter and lowering the modem speed

4. flip218

does Tivo have support? or support from the service provider?

5. flip218

Ya know ... Vonage modem has two ports. Did you plug your Tivo into the second port? or into the same one as the phone line?

6. robtwilk

robtwilk Regular member

In a brief conversation with a Vonage salesman, I got very nervous about my fax machine and my TiVo. I think he said that the fax/TiVo should be plugged into the second jack on the Vonage box. Also, I just got my third TiVo and during setup the connection failed twenty or more times during "negotiation". I use a modem quality phone rabbit (wireless jack) that works, but it takes numerous attempts. How many times have you tried?

I am in the Telecom field and I work with VoIP and other technologies and I still am nervous about taking the VoIP plunge. If it was just for voice and nothing else (and I had access to another phone for emergencies) then I would get Vonage.

I have three TiVo boxes, but only one is dialing in. The other two are on my wireless network. The multi-room viewing is awesome!