1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

emulation help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by shady78, May 18, 2005.

1. shady78

shady78 Regular member

does anyone know where i can get a playstation 1 emulator + Roms for the xbox

2. shady78

shady78 Regular member

ok nevermind the emulater how do i get games do i have to put the game in my pc and make an image then ftp to folder on xbox or can i just play it straight from ps1 disc in xbox drive if i gotta make an image can someone hook me up with a good guide on how to do so

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Emulator - PCSXBox.

Things you need:
    CDRWin (I use 3.9 or 4.0 I can't remember for sure)
    scph1001.bin
    scph7502.bin to put in the "PCSXBox" bios folder. Put one of these bios in the "bios" folder right away to get it to read the majority of Playstation images.

Emulator - PCSXBox.

As you'll notice is that "PCSXBox" emulator can be one of the hardest emulators to understand.

Things you need:
    CDRWin
    adaptec Aspi layer installed- If your using windows 2000 or XP
    scph1001.bin
    scph7502.bin to put in the "PCSXBox" bios folder. Put one of these bios in the "bios" folder right away to get it to read the majority of Playstation images.

NOTE:Some "PCSXBOX" emulators requires either of the bios file.
    Scph1001.bin
    scph7502.bin
    So which ever one the emulator your using requires. Use it.

First You'll have to extract the playstation game into an image using CDRWin.

Getting it to work: You have to create BIN/CUE's of your PSX games and either copy them to your HArddrive or burn them to DVDR's/CD-RW's. Your ".BIN and .CUE" files should have the same names:

For Example:

GAMENAME.BIN
    GAMENAME.CUE

is a valid combination and

GAMENAME01.BIN
    GAMENAME.CUE

is not.

Getting Started Instructions:
    CDRWIN=

1. Open CDRWin, and click the top-centre icon on the main screen
    2. Click in the "Image Filename" box, and type in the location and filename of the bin/cue files you wish to create. Make sure the RAW option is checked, then click START.
    This will now create the bin/cue files for use with PCSXbox.
    3. After it finishes creating the .cue & .bin files, open up the .cue file with notepad
    and check and see if it need to be edited. Sometimes, the filename includes the drive, in this case "D:\". Remove this part of the path/filename...

Example:
    FILE "D:\CASTLEVANIA.BIN" BINARY
    Wrong

FILE "CASTLEVAIA.BIN" BINARY
    Correct

4. Click "File" then "Save" to save the changes.
    These two files can now be FTPd to the Xbox.
    This tutorial is very basic, but should be enough to help get PCSXbox running with your ISOs.

4. shady78

shady78 Regular member

thanx for the speedy response ok i gotta another question i already have the emulator on the xbox it came with slayers when i installed it will i still have to get these files scph1001.bin and
    scph7502.bin

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

The emulator may or may not have the bios in it, try making an image of a playstation game, ftp it to your Xbox, and see if it works. Sound tough? Follow the directions below:

[bold]Basic instructions...[/bold]

Get the Sony SCPH1001 bios here: http://www.bios-drivers.com/drivers/85/85988.htm

1) Put the Sony SCPH1001 bios in the "bios" folder that is located inside of the main PCSxbox emulator folder.

2) You will then need to get an image of a Playstation game onto your computer, and put that image file you created or downloaded into the "psxcds" folder.

3) Inside of the psxcds folder, you will see a file that says something like "put.cd.images.here" and inside the bios you will see this "readme.for.scph1001.bin" Go ahead and delete those if you would like.

Now after you get the cd image of the playstation game on your computer and put it in the the folder I said above, and you also get the SCPH1001 bios into the "bios folder", your in buisiness :)

Now just send (ftp) the emulator folder w/ everything inside of it to one of your partitions on your Xbox, prabably into the "Games" folder on the e:/ or f:/ and your done

If you do not know how to copy ps1 games to you computer, I would just suggest using Alcohol 120% or something in that nature. Just create an image file of the game and that is what you need. Also, I assume shady78 that you know how to ftp to your Xbox? If not just let me know and we'll help you our more there....

6. shady78

shady78 Regular member

ok im a little confused how do i read the playstation disc from xbox or from pc cuz i tried bout 12 games so far and pc dosent recognize em

7. shady78

shady78 Regular member

ok another question can i just put the game files straight into the psx emulator folder in the xbox or must i ftp the folder from the xbox put my games in it then ftp back to the xbox

8. shady78

shady78 Regular member

ok did somthing wrong i think i downloaded scph1001.bin from the link above and the end result after i saved it to the comp was Bios.ini is this wrong ? so i went ahead and followed the rest of the steps anyway here is what i did

1. ftp to xbox and extracted the whole psx folder
    2. put bios.bin in the bios folder
    3. put bin and cue files into folder that said put cd image here
    4. deleted whole psx folder from xbox then reinserted new one
    5. rebooted xbox
    then when i choose to play game it says
    Could not load D:\bios\scph1001.bin

did i do somthing wrong

Last edited: May 19, 2005
  9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, it is just having trouble reading the playstation bios.

The downloaded bios you should get is titled this, SCPH1001

Once you get that bios, put it in the "bios" folder, ftp it again to your Xbox, and it should work fine then.

10. shady78

shady78 Regular member

ok guys thanx for all the help sorry late for a reply but i had to take a trip and was gone for 4 days anyway i got the psx emulator going thanks once again for your help now i got a new question
    my emulators are all on my E:\ Drive how do i switch them over to my F:\ Drive cuz i got 50 gigs free there and only 4 somthing on the E:\ drive is this possible

Last edited: May 23, 2005
  11. Lewda99

Lewda99 Member

I have a question about Pcsxbox v.11
    I have the file downloaded and them main file is in .rar but i cant seem to figure out how to burn it to a dvd to play.
    I am familiar with .iso images but i dont understand how to convert this file I would appreciate the help thank you

12. punqewe

punqewe Active member

If you extract the file it should give you some folders and and a few files. All you would need to do is set up all the files as if you were going to ftp them onto your xbox. Making sure that you have the game images in the right folder.....keep an eye on the total size of the emulator and games. When you have it all together and under 4.38gig,use an app like craxtion or quix to make an xISO out of it. Then all you would do is burn the disk to dvd and away you go. It would save you some grief if you were to look on some sites for the compatability list to see if the games that you are going to be using on the disk actually work well with the emulator.

The one thing you will notice is that the games will load way slower from the dvd as they would in the hard drive.

13. Felle86

Felle86 Member

I want to play FF8, but i cant get it running it just get to a black screen after the loading screen.
    I have done everything u have write down here.

14. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

15. hellboi

hellboi Regular member

PimpDawg do you know where to get the pcsxbox emulators? and any guides on how to do this thanks.

16. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Sure, just check ur PM

17. hellboi

hellboi Regular member

PimpDawg hey dude thanks for your reply but I'm having a hard time I download mirc and flashxp. I follow the Inst. but still im having a hard time getting the pcsxbox I guess im gonna give it a rest.

18. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Last edited: Jun 9, 2005
  19. redsquare

redsquare Guest

Hey y'all I got a lot of questions hopefully its not too much to ask. I'm trying to play a burnt pc game on my xbox, what do i need to do or get in order for this to work does my computer need any special cables to interact with my xbox? does my pc need to be modded, what is "modded"? can i download xbox games on my pc and burn on any cdR and it works? anything else that I might need to know but didn't ask please let me know. thanx alot in advance

ps. your response is needed urgently

the message above is directed to anyone who can help me. Thank u

20. shady78

shady78 Regular member

if you just read a lil you'll find everything here at the afterdawn
    if your not willing to look then we arent willing to help