1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie with some questions about (sublime77 and seamonkey 420 guides)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by megant, Jan 17, 2003.

1. megant

megant Member

Hello Gang.
    I'm trying to back up my first movie (excalibur) and have a few questions..hopefull someone can help shed some light on my predicament
    first off my specs...
    Windows NT sevice pack 3; NTFS file system
    P3 500...(i close all applications before doing anything..so 'should' be ok..for now)
    400 Meg Ram
    20 gig HD
    compaq dvd - (basic dvd-rom drive)(bios and all programs pick it up fine)
    pioneer 105 dvd-r/w
    DVD x copy
    NEro 5.5.10
    vorbator
    ifoedit
    ..ok, now to my situation. First off , excalibut is a layer 2 dvd (around 6.4 megs). I have two guides that I am working off of (the one by seamonkey420 and the one by sublime77) I put it in the player and boot up dvd-decrypter. It picks it up fine and (based upon the guide by seamonkey420) then I go to mode>movie files(and I also copied over the VIDEO_TS.IFO file . Then i save it to a file called DVD. (This all works fine)..on to the next step.(this is where the problem comes in).
    Next step: Analyze with Vorator
    Ok, i open the first of the vob files it made (VTS_01_1.VOB - VTS_01_7.VOB ). I check both ID 1 & 2 in VTS_01_1.VOB and , even though they both open in the 'player' in VOB , no video is emitted.. In fact NONE of the ID's in ANY of the VOB files show any video at all. THey just play (for however long, some 3 minutes, some 20 minutes..but they all play with no sound and a black screen in the player) ..Note , the files are fine because I tested the VIDEO_TS.IFO file..and everything is fine )..anyone have any reasoning behind why nothing plays in the play or vobrator..(that is first question)

(second question)
    Since I couldn't get that to work I moved on to the "sublime77 guide - simple guide - most dvd-9 movies to one DVD(-)R :
    What i did at this point was re-open DVDdecrypter and just added the rest of the files to the folder that i had made originaly . (added the .BUP and the rest of the files)..that went fine. I then click "open" and found the proper .IFO (VTS_01_1.IFO ) clicked on VOB extras>strip streams & create new ifo files. Checked only the english 6 ch (if i pick a lower channel rate..since i don't have surround sound, will it lower the size and how will the sound be effected??). Then I clicked "strip it" and stripped it to a different file. It striped it fine, I then reopened IFOEDIT (here is the other problem) I was not sure if i should hit "GET vts sectors" (the walkthrough said to hit "set vts sectors". I did go ahead anf hit "get VTS sectors" but when i did this it said something along the lines of "...damn, i forget, i think it said XXX.XXX will be overwritten, save anyways"(I;'ll post this tonight when i try it again)..but if someone knows the message , feel free to post. That was about as far as I got. It DID decrease the size of the movie from 6.4 to 6.0. I didn't try to go poast that part cause it was getting late, but can someone clarify what to do there.

Also at 6.0 GB, is it better to split the movie or will I have a good enough compression ratio that the quality will be not noticable or do you suggest to split.

Thanks for your help gang

Anthony

2. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Sounds right from my guide. The button does say Get VTS Sectors and it does overwrite your ifo files. That's what it's suppose to do, correct them. Anyways, I don't compress my files but good luck to ya. Make sure you have the bup and ifo files for the VIDEO_TS and the title. 4 files + the movie VOB files.

3. sublime77

sublime77 Member

....you should choose 2ch sound because you don't have surround 5.1 sound. Ifoedit doesn't change the quality, it only corrects and strips the files for you.

4. megant

megant Member

Cool.
    Ok, after I do "Get VTS Sectors" and it overwrites your ifo files, do i hit "save" and then just close down the program. If i do (which i think i do) i got that message which said something along the lines of..(filename) will be over written..do you know what i mean? If so , do I click yes there? (i would imagine i do..(but just want to verify)
    ..Also,i put in all those files (both the BMP and IFO files) ..
    if I were to go from 5 channel to 2 ., any idea of how big a reduction i would see in size (or is it a minimal reduction )?

Also, GREAT and EASY walkthrough... i like it!
    Thanks once again

Ant--

5. megant

megant Member

anyone have any idead why vobator will not show ant movie clips for ANY of the id's

thankx Guys

A-

6. sublime77

sublime77 Member

The channel difference is minimal. If you want to strip out the fbi warnings or credits, use Ifoedit and double click on the different vobids.

7. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

nice job sublime77, you are on your game!!

just a note
    i've updated the dvd section of my website to a more cleaner and easier to navigate site and also added a quick split guide

http://www.geocities.com/daseamonkey420

-questions/comments, drop me a note,
    aiy, peace
    seamonkey420

8. framerman

framerman Regular member

If it works, it's much easier and quicker to preview the vob-id's in ifoedit. Just double click on the cell or id in the lower portion of ifoedit, and a crude preview screen will show you what it is. Beware that some have troubles with this with WinXP, though I never have.