1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars Episode 3 - what did you think of it ?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by BigPantz, May 19, 2005.

1. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

Hi All,

Ive been to see Revenge of the Sith tonight.. anyone else seen it yet? i was just wondering, 'cause although it is a good film & i enjoyed it, i feel a bit down knowing its the last Star Wars film & ive got no more to look forward to...

2. philipman

philipman Regular member

I have not seen it but if it is anything like the last one I don't think that I will see it.

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Report back with review BigPantz, I plan on seeing it in another week. Early reviews I read said it was much better than the first two, only Rolling Stone gave it two stars, because of script, but all stated effects were great and it was non-stop action.

4. B2D327

B2D327 Regular member

Pretty good except for all those numbers at the top of the screen ;)
    gets kind of distracting.

5. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

i think i would give the film 9/10 overall rating. its not the best Star Wars film ever, obviously the best were A New Hope/Empire Strikes Back in joint 1st place.. but it kicks ass over the other two prequels.

i dont want to give too much away for the people who aint seen it yet, but dont expect anything resembling a happy ending, nearly everyone dies..

it was quite surreal watching it, right from the start, i had this feeling of ever-impending doom just around the corner all the way through. it didnt feel like a sci-fi film, it was like watching a good thriller..

Ps, its been given a 12A rating here in the UK, i think thats about right. i took my 3 kids to see it & my youngest (age 10) said it was quite scary for her, especially when anakin recieves the injuries that force him to be encased in Vaders' famous armour..

Other than that, top film!

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Thanx for the review BigPantz, can't wait to see it.

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I'm gonna try and go see it the weekend. Heard a funny article on the radio this morn (i'm in rainy UK btw). It said that the film had been leaked all round the net (no change there then!) and the woman said (of ppl who download or share it) something like "you can click but you can't hide"

lmao!

Have still got a set of the original Star Wars bubblegum cards i used to swap in the playground at primary school!, only 1year to wait to have the last episode on DVD.. I'm a big kid!

OMG i can't wait that long and i haven't even seen it yet !

A colleague found this 2day -
    lmao again!

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Creaky you are going to have to see the movie twice just to get yourself calmed down.

9. creaky

arniebear - better make it 4 times then - 3rd time so i can take the kids to see it, and a 4th time to prove to social services that the film was suitable for my girls (they're 7 and 4)

:)

10. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I have a Masters Degree in Social Services, and I give you my approval. My daughter is taking my 6 year old grandson and she is very strict on what she allows her boys to see.

11. mikey_ray

mikey_ray Guest

12. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Are you saying that you saw the crappy pirate dvd instead of going to the theatre?

13. creaky

oh dear - i didn't see that comment

14. Stitch221

Stitch221 Regular member

I had never seen any star war movies in my life. But I am REALLY into the violence!

15. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

I agree, it could of been longer with more detail, but it was a very good movie and worthy of the Star Wars name.
    I dont see why people love A New Hope so much. dont get me wrong, it is an excellent movie and very revolutionary for its time, but in the grand scheme of the star wars world, Empire blows A New Hope away.

This movie had everything you want from a star wars movies, tons of light saber fighting, space battles, Jedi Genocide, bad ass Yoda, and best of all, a silent Jar Jar Binks!

I must say the book was better than the movie though (aint that true with all books!). It had more dialog, detail, more explantion, and a more bad ass General Grevious.

IF I had to rank all the Star Wars Films I would Rank them Like So:

1. Episode V- The Empire Strikes Back
    2. Episode III- Revenge of the Sith (A Very Close Second)
    3. Episode IV- A New Hope
    4. Episode VI- Return of the Jedi
    5. Episode II- Attack of the Clones
    6. Star Wars- The Clone Wars (Animated)
    7. Ewoks- The Battle for Endor
    8. Episode I- The Phantom Menace
    9. The Star Wars Holiday Special (YES, its worse than Episode I

16. Stitch221

Stitch221 Regular member

What are the first 2 star wars movie called? (not 4, 5, and 6)!!!

17. creaky

@Stitch221 -
    Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    Episode II - Attack of the Clones

18. creaky

my fave i guess has always and will always be episode 4 as it's from my distant childhood. Fond (but vague) memories swapping Star Wars bubble gum cards in primary school playground (i still got the set now and i'm 36!!)

Don't get me wrong, i love all the films, but nostalgia wins for fave film. Same is true for me for Alien 1. I bought a full-colour book with every scene from the film from local 2nd hand shop (v scary as i was probably only 11 at the time). i also bought a pink skateboard for 50p at the same time but i digress!

Last edited: May 20, 2005
  19. ram-o!

ram-o! Member

Isn't it kinda stupid to classify each movie. One being better than the other. In essence its just one big movie. Its stupid to compare a Star WArs movie to another Star Wars movie.

20. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

The reason I dont think A New Hope is nearly as good as Empire or Sith is because, in terms of the Star Wars Saga, what really happens? Yeah Vader Kills Obi-Won, but it was a self sacrifce for the overall good of the force and it wasnt as emotional as Anakin turning into vader or Vader reveiling to luke that he is his father. And oh yeah the death star is destroyed, but a new one shows up in empire anyway. Dont get me wrong, I LOVED the film, but it was just a set-up for the next one.

I know everyone are down on TPM and AOTCs, but they are just set-up films in the series. That is way lucas started off with A New Hope because the series would never of made it if they started with episode I.