1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO DVDR05 Anyone bought one yet???

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by teleho, May 20, 2005.

1. teleho

teleho Member

Ok, I was set to pickup one of the R04 models at Walmart as most people have figured out how to make the lil' buggers work with the right firmware download and using the right media (and hack the macro ;>) but now Wally has the new DVDR05 model in at $118.

So...Anyone out there purchase one of these yet that can write a review before I take the plunge into the unknown?

2. teleho

teleho Member

BTW...These new ones show a production date of March 2005.

3. MagicChef

MagicChef Member

I'm in the same boat i was going to buy one of those dvdr04's but all they have at walmart are the dvdr05's and i read somewhere that cyberhome makes them instead of lite on so its unlikely there will be any hacks for them :(

4. teleho

teleho Member

Yeah those new 05s are made by Cyberhome according to our ILO guru Gtrman. I checked all of my area Walmarts and found 4 04s in stock at one of them. (Mfg dates from Dec04 & Jan05) Bought one and it rang up at $118 so if you can find a store with older stock, the unit will sell at the new 05 price. 3 out of 4 Walmarts I checked had the newer 05s. No 04s except one had an 04 demo with no box/remote/papers/cables. If you really want one, do some searching. Good luck.

5. 715

715 Member

hi guys i have the new 1 ILO DVDR05 is rely cool i think is Region Free from the Factory i put a movie region 2 and play the movie rely nice http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3610576

ilo +R/RW DVD Recorder Features:
    Disc record: DVD+R, DVD+RW
    Disc playback: DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CDDA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW
    Multiple recording modes: HQ, SP, LP, EP, SLP, SEP
    Up to 8 hours recording on one DVD+R/RW disc
    Multiple front-connection jacks make hooking up other components very easy
    On-screen disc title navigator gives you quick, easy access to your recordings
    Built-in TV tuner, front and rear A/V Inputs including DV ( IEEE 1394 )
    Progressive scan
    Component, S-video and composite outputs
    16:9 widescreen, 4:3 PS and LB video modes
    NTSC/PAL playback support
    Multi-language subtitles
    Many DVD playback features including Zoom, Slow Motion Forward, and others
    Parental lock
    Audio decoding system: Dolby Digital, PCM
    Coaxial Digital Outputs
    Stereo Analog Outputs
    Includes remote control
    Dimensions: 14"W x 9"D x 1.75"H
    Weight: 4.6 lbs

6. 715

715 Member

7. odd1

odd1 Member

does anyone know if there will be macrohacks available for this one? i have until june 14 to return the dvdr04 and hate to lose all that's been upgraded on it.

8. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

Chances are, no. It is base on a completly different firmware system that the LiteOn made R04. Unless someone figures out their way around the Cyberhome firmware, the recorder will stay stock.

9. MagicChef

MagicChef Member

well last friday (may something)i bought a dvdr04 from wal-mart for 118 and there where no dvdr05's in sight they had like 2 or 3 left (the 04's). I went back this friday and got a signal amplifier cause i got tired of using the ilo to change channels and junk and there was the dvdr05's for like 98 bucks and there where 2 dvdr04 on the clearance isle i shoulda waited a week :(. oh well, it looks like in the next few weeks or so more people are going to buy the 05 ver.

10. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

MagicChef,

Others have taken their reciepts back to WalMart and have gotten refunds for the difference in price. You might want to try that.

11. travis89

travis89 Member

hey just seen the 05's in stock at our walmart! has anyone purchased one yet? I'm probably going to buy one this weekend.

Its going to be used to record the "tour de France" from directv, was just wondering if it'll do that?

also, I'm planning on copying some "personal" vhs tapes to dvd. Will I need a modulater or anything?

Travis

12. travis89

travis89 Member

My report: The playback on original movies is slightly blurry.

The recorded ones are much worse. Vhs seems to have a better picture.

Does anyone think Walmart sold me a bad recorder?

13. imabooger

imabooger Member

The only problem with the dvdr05 that I can see is when I play mp3s on it I have a hard time seeing all my mp3s.I can get only get about 40 of them. However it may be something that I'm doing wrong. other than that it ok.Got it for $98 at walmart.

14. jeffreym1

jeffreym1 Guest

hey everyone i have the ro5 and i have some older 80's movies on vhs (BEFORE MACROVISION) AND THEY HAVE RECORDER TO DVD JUST FINE.

15. daveshome

daveshome Member

Well, I picked up an ILO DVDR05 to check it out. Will send in pix
    and all that later when I get the time. Seems like a nice unit for the
    $98.00 price !

Dave

16. rb2005

rb2005 Member

i am beginning not to like it. i use it to record tv programs. several times it has recorded well till the end and i have even watched the stuff on the dvds but when i finalize the disc i get
    " BAD DISC" a coaster, a coaster............ i lose a whole week's worth of recordings. this REALLY SUCKS. I need an upgrade but don't have too much to spend, what do you recommend. THe machine has served me well but it seems for every 6 good dvd recordings I get one coaster. Can't take that chance anymore!!!!

:(

17. tnwriter

tnwriter Member

The techs told me that a disk that was recorded to the end doesn't leave enough room for finalizing. I know every one that I've recorded to the end was a coaster. At least with the 05 there's the OTR that'll stop it for you.

18. rb2005

rb2005 Member

what's "OTR"? that's good info you are giving me, i wondered by the dvdr05 was acting this way. it seems most of my discs are usually recorded to the end, but i'll check to see. i usually timer record......

19. tnwriter

tnwriter Member

OTR is One Touch Record. Once you start recording you can touch the record button (on the remote) a second time and it'll record for 30 minutes, a 2nd time goes to an hour, and so on.

20. rb2005

rb2005 Member

thanks but how does it keep me from getting to the end of the disc, it seems i will still have to track the space left manually..... but you are giving me valuable info!