1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing/copying music files protected with license

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Bayrak, May 22, 2005.

1. Bayrak

Bayrak Member

Is there a program that will let me play/copy music files that are protected with a license I tried renewing/obtaining a new license but not possible. In other words, can I bypass the existing license in anyway? Cheers, Bayrak.

2. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Try using windows media player 9 or version 10. Load the songs into your playlist and press play. Make sure you are connected to the internert before you attempt to play the music. Right click and select all the protected files you are trying to play. Next hit play. At first you will be told you do not have a license to play the music. Automatically a webpage will open and will allow you to download a license to play all your DRM protected music. I suggest you use a CDR-W (cost effective)to back up your files. Finally you can convert them to whatever format you choose by ripping the songs off your CDR-W. This method worked for me with songs from napster, itunes and a few other pay per song sites.

3. svangron6

svangron6 Member

tunebite ------>www.tunebite.de/tunebite.exe

4. Bayrak

Bayrak Member

I have tried the download license thing but get a message license already downloaded 10 times, that's the max.
    What I need is a program that'll play a protected file or remove the protection.
    Thanks

5. svangron6

svangron6 Member

That's what tunebite is dude. Did you even try it?

6. Veblin

Veblin Active member

[bold]@Bayrak[/bold]

You need a license to play DRM protected files and need to be able to play the files for any audio recording. If you cannot get a license, for example because it is no longer available, because you used your 10 license renewals, there is not much you can do.

Can you download this music on a different computer and renew the license? Then you could record the audio.

[bold]@svangron6[/bold]

No play, No tunebite, [bold]Dude.[/bold]

7. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Hmmm...where did the music files come from originally, napster, itunes or some other site. The only other way is to play/ convert them if you already have played them 10 times is to make a data file cd (DO NOT TRY TO BURN AS A PLAYABLE CD) and extract from the cd.

8. Bayrak

Bayrak Member

Did you even try it? tut tut.

Of course, that's why I came back, it did not work!

Thanks for your help guys.

End of storey

9. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Actually yes I did and it worked for me. As I am not the expert just experimenting and this forum has helped me do alot of things I normally would get frustrated with. Anyway sorry it didn't work for you but to make a log story short any music downloaded from a paysite most of the time has DRM protection embedded in the file. What works for one doesn't work for others

10. svangron6

svangron6 Member

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I use Yahoo Music and Tunebite. Let me look, 391 mp3s including full albums. Tunebite records the songs as I play them thus no more protection and they are mine. I've burned them and played them on home audio and car audio. No license renewals or whatever. AM I missing somehting here. Doesn't sound too hard...

If that DOES NOT work, perhaps this site WILL help

http://www.topvideopro.com/mp4-m4a-converter/convert-m4p-mp3-converter.htm

No more crying Veb and Bay HA

11. Bayrak

Bayrak Member

Svangron6, I don't think you're missing anything?
    matt72, I'll try to make a data cd as you suggest.

I have a number of music file on my pc which I got from another pc, when trying to play the files an attempt to download a license is made but because the number of license downloads has exceeded 10 no license is obtained & the music file cannot be opened. My question was/is, is a program available to bypass the copy protection (license) that's it.
    Copy protection seems to be easy to bypass looking through all the dvd ripper software available within Afterdawn.com I'm looking for the one that lets me bypass the license within a music file, that's if there is one? Thanks all for your help.

12. zero269

zero269 Member

Q? for Matt72 (or anyone else with 1st hand insight)
    I have many files (wma/drm)backed up onto cd's as data discs. you mentioned to extract the cd. i can do my movies all day long, but i'm just begining to play with music . . .
    i can play my wma/drm files off my hard drive (up to 3 computers). i can't convert, copy or synch to portables (prohibited by lic.)
    how is it that you "extract" from cd????
    have musicmatch 10, wmp10, xp pro, roxio 7.5, nero 6.3?, unfuck (can't figure out - says no codecs installed - whatever that means) and FreeMe (don't want to fusk up my comp. with command line)
    anything here useful?
    p.s. i'm lookiing for an alternative to recording at real time . . . damn that would take forever!
    zero

13. mighty132

mighty132 Member

Alright I got tunebite and I'm all ready to get it to work except that windows media 10 won't play them. I couldn't even play them when I reinstalled napster. When I try to play a licened song Windows Media says "License Aquisition Project page to upgrade to premium," and if I click on the top left corner button that says sms.napster.com a window pops up and says "this type of document does not have a security certificate." Simple question for you experts, how can I play it on windows media. BTW my napster trial is over and I uninstalled it.

14. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I'm under the understanding that Napster (on the go) requiers that you pay a monthly fee in order to countinue to play your files. You must use a licensed player (or a player that can aquire and use the licenses) in order to play the files. Thats the limit of my knowlege on the napster service (aka DRM-WMA destributors).

Ced