1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iso's over 700mb

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Natesroom, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Natesroom

Natesroom Member

I have an ISO that is 717mb and when i try to burn it to disc it says that the file is to big are. How can i get it to burn?

2. Natesroom

Natesroom Member

first let me download burn at once and try that first

3. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Read the READ1st and re-think what you may have done wrong.

4. Natesroom

Natesroom Member

i read the read me 1st threads this looked like the only pertainable information

When you talk about images must think on SECTORS not on DATA SIZE.
    The rules are:
    1)A standard 74 min CD is made by 333,000 sectors.
    2) Each sector is 2352 bytes big, and contains 2048 bytes of PC (MODE1)Data, 2336 bytes of PSX/VCD (MODE2) Data or 2352 bytes of AUDIO.
    3) The difference between secor size and data content are the Headers info and the Error Correction Codes, that are big for Data (high precision required), small for VCD (standard for video) and none for audio.
    4)If you extract data in RAW format (standard for creating images) you always extract 2352 bytes per sector, not 2048/2336/2352 bytes depending on data type (basically, you extract the whole sector).

This fact has two main consequences:

a) You can record data at very high speed (40x) without losing information, but if you try to do the same with PSX or Audio you get unredable CD (for PSX) od audio CD with lots of clicks because there are not error correction codes (and error are more likely to occur if you record at high speed.

b) On a 74 min CD you can fit very large RAW images,up to 333,000 x 2352 = 783,216,000 bytes (747 Mb). This should be the upper limit for a RAW image created from a 74 min CD. Remember that if you store standard data (backup files), you can burn only 333,000 x 2048 = 681,984,000 bytes (the well known 650 MB limit).

Please note that an image size is ALWAYS a multple of 2352 bytes (you extract SECTORS), if extracted in RAW mode.

also

***** DIVIDE THE FILE SIZE BY 2352 ****
    did that and it was an even integer

Aladco wrote in a seperate thread

it will work. But I cannot guarantee that there might be some files with extension .ISO that were extracted RAW, that is 2352 bytes/sector.

In this case (that you'll check with the 'divide by 2352 test, or you can check it by importing the file with Nero File_Burn Image command) you'll use a .CUE file made like this

FILE "image.ISO" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

I thought that .ISO didnt need a cue
    on top of all that Burn at Once says it cant find my CD Writer? have you seen that error

5. Natesroom

Natesroom Member

i think that the question of ISO at least in the Read me 1st thread is not clear at least not from a layman's question such as the one i asked

6. Natesroom

Natesroom Member

I'm Glad to see that you could give me all the answers. I think you should add to your list of READ1ST questions and answers information containing ISO's and that although the information is in some of those questions and in other posts they dont collaborate very well. I chose Nero and when i tried to open Image of this particular ISO it said block number doesnt match and when i said correct it came up with a foreign Image menu with the ability to change the Block from 2048 to 2355 which is what i posted in my third message but what isnt written is that nero gives this ability to correct that.

7. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The problem lies in non-standard file naming.

ISO should be a standard for single track, MODE1, 2048 bytes/sectors images and .BIN should be for either CD-ROM or CD-XA (multiple tracks), either MODE1 or MODE2 + AUDIO, extracted RAW (and for this reason they need a .CUE. .ISO shouldn't need one because they should always be MODE1/2048. For this reason Nero warns you about possible errors. He expects 2048 by/sec data)

Alas, some programmer likes to use his/hers own file extensions (.IMG, for instance) in order to force people getting that product.

So sometiems you find ISO extracted 2352 bytes sectors. It's a pity, cause this generates confusion.

I also must admit I was wrong in my old post about MODE2 data, and README1ST should be revised. Actually MODE2 data have two sub-standards, so you may encounter two 'cooked' data formats:

- MODE2 Form 1 (2048 bytes/sector, capable of Error Correction and Error Detection, very similar to MODE1)
    - MODE2 Form 2 (2324 bytes/sector, capable of Error Detection only, good for VIDEO data)

.. so my previous assumption (2336 bytes)is wrong. BTW, since data are always extracted RAW, the .BIN files for CD-XA discs (PSX and so on) will be made of MODE2/2352 blocks.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2003
  8. Natesroom

Natesroom Member

this is my first thread but i have been reading for a couple weeks and it seems that the answers to questions that i want, that have been by posted someone else, you seem to have the most complete answer. thank you for this insight ito this question. i will work on this problem and see what i can do. an then post any questions pertaining to this specific problem

9. Natesroom

Natesroom Member

so i tried to burn this iso using nero's correction and at the end of the burn it gave me an error
    This is the error that i get when selecting Burn Image...in nero:

The entered block size does not correspond to the image length. The block size may be wrong do you want to correct the value or ignore?

I chose correct when i divided the total byte size by 2352 i got an even number so i figured i should change the block size to 2352 when i do that the option Raw Data Becomes checked.. and the type of image says data mode 1 should either of those be changed?...I left those as is with only changing the block size value and burned. i get a general error about 49% of the way through.

any thougts?

10. Natesroom

Natesroom Member

i burned a second copy with the mode turned to mod2/xa and i succesfully burned the ISO to a Cd.
    But when i put the CD back into my CD-rom nothing came up it say inaccesible so i used iso buster on the cd and it says that i have track 1 606.81 MB what should i do from there or should i go back a few steps

11. Natesroom

Natesroom Member

cant i just open up the ISO in ISobuster and since it shows up there fine with no problem the only question i have is when i do open the ISO in `Buster it says track 1 and the has 3 sub heads below one with a small box saying iso,
    one with asmall box half red half blue, and one with the box all in blue. when i right click on the track it gives me the option to extract to .bin should i do that and will that create a cue? What can i do

12. Natesroom

Natesroom Member

i've been searching through the databases ad i haven't found anything exactly refering to this problem but i have afound alot of other very similairily related items so i have been finding more information about other things.

13. Natesroom

Natesroom Member

i just decided that i would burn a couple copies off at different settings and see which ones (if any) work based on the information given about the settings -
    (All these settings are in nero)
    Mode2 With Raw Data checked and disc-at once turned on resulted in a succesful burn but when i load the cd in my Bay its a no show checked with ISO Buster it shows session1 - sub heading Track 1

14. Natesroom

Natesroom Member

Found some very good information about 20 threads down with some very insightful answers i will try alchol 120 and see what i can do with that. I hope somebody will read and respond after that they can close this thread i've learned enough that i can say i am not a newbie anymore

15. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Natesroom,
    we appreciate your enthusiasm but ... aren't you a bit too much excited? You wrote tons of things and my head aches trying to follow you...

Let's start:

1) Nero's 'Burn Image' command is the right choice (otherwise you would just put the .BIN on the CD as normal file copying, not the proper Image "compiling - and - burning" )
    2) 'Correct' to 2352 is also right, because from your test it is clear that you're dealing with a RAW image (Size = N* 2352 bytes). More, since you have an ISO for a PC game, this should be a Single - Mode 1 data track, so option MODE1 should also be selected.
    3) In order to burn best, you should also select, in the burning options, DAO and Justlink/Burnproof.

I assume that MODE1/2352 (when your PC froze) was the right choice, because I have never seen PC games burned MODE2.

Switch off all anti-virus and..GO WRITE!

.... I only would like to check a thing. Please follow me and try this experiment.

a) Since it is clear that the image is RAW (2352 bytes), rename image.ISO to image.BIN. This will avoid confusion to a program I would suggest you to use, WinISO.
    b) Install WinISO and choose 'BIN to ISO converter' and try converting image.BIN (the former image.ISO) to 'true' ISO format, let's call it image2048.ISO.

If on WinISO appears a warning due to the fact it detects multiple tracks (this is the reason I want you to rename the file and use WinISO, Isobuster is not capable to detect multiple tracks without a .CUE file) you're in trouble because you have a multi-track .BIN image without a .CUE file.

If Winiso does not detect multiple tracks, youre 99% certain that the .BIN (the former image.ISO file) Image can be burned with Nero(Choosing MODE1/2352), Alcohol (writing the .CUE file above mentioned) and so on. You can stop the conversion, exit WinISO, and start burning.

Please note that if the original game was heavily protected and you need also subchannel data information (that are missing in .BIN 2352 format) the CD will not work. But this would be a fault of the image ripper, not yours.

16. Natesroom

Natesroom Member

Those Last three steps are right on the money many of the files i have seen od D/L are named wrong that information needs to be put into The Read ME 1st Section they can save alot of headache and CD's. Thanx