1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hackers

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by whiteboyg, Jun 7, 2005.

1. whiteboyg

whiteboyg Guest

i instant message somebody who im not suppose to. somebody in my family is trying to bust me, my mother told me that they hired somebody to catch me talking to this person im not suppose to....
    i know the story is vague, ask any questions and i'll answer and be more specific if needed
    i want to know how they can find out who im instant messaging and talking to
    i don't care how they do it, i just want to protect myself from them, anybody tell me what to do or not do
    thanks alot

2. kinza

kinza Regular member

Well, there are key logger programs that keep track of what programs you open, what you type, what you login to, and of course, what your passwords are. Somebody probably just installed one of those on your computer and it runs as soon as you login to your account and keeps track of all you do. The program runs in the background and there are usually no icons or folders in "All Programs." Most keylogging programs require you to press a special set of keys to open the window, some even have additional passwords. I don't think there is someone "hacking" into your computer.

3. kinza

kinza Regular member

oh yeah, most programs have something like "CTRL+X" or something like that to open the activity logs. You can also go to the RUN function and type in some words. That's just a general idea of how keyloggers work. I'm not sure if that's how the one on your computer works. Good Luck!

4. whiteboyg

whiteboyg Guest

i have a laptop and i don't think anyone put any new program on my computer. nobody touches it, i never leave it anywhere w/out me. thanks
    is there any other ways they can do it or ways i can protect myself from it if they don't have physical access to my laptop?

5. kinza

kinza Regular member

Well then, I don't know much more about this subject. Sorry. DDP!!!

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

did someone call my nick??? are you using wireless or wired for the net & are you also using a hub/router??

7. kinza

kinza Regular member

hah ha! i leave the problem to you.

8. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

It's possible that they are monitoring the traffic going through the port that MSN Messenger uses to talk to the server. I have a similar monitoring feature implimented on my home network also. Not really much you can change on your end. Problem is if you change anything on your end with regards to connection settings you have to get everybody else to change with you.

9. whiteboyg

whiteboyg Guest

im using wireless internet linksys w/ the router it's w/ yahoo messager if that makes a diff
    thanks

10. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

Hey, isnt it possible to remotely install and run a key logger?? and mointer them from another computer??

11. kinza

kinza Regular member

LOL, seriously!!

12. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Whiteboyg, why did your mother hire someone to catch you? You must be very young, and she may be worried that you are talking to someone whom you should not.

13. whiteboyg

whiteboyg Guest

im going to tell u how it is
    im 15 trying to talk to my grandfather, they won't let me talk to him cause he did something bad, not going to say what, but can anyone help me out a little better
    thanks

14. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Mobile phones.................that have free calls between the same handsets, I think Orange do them..................

Won't your grandfather tell you what he did?

It would be easier if your family could iron out whatever issues they have, granted I am unaware of the issues, but surely it would be better to get the family together again as it should be.

Thats what keyloggers and network sniffers are designed to do, and that is catch any traffic.

If you are using a communal modem, ie not via their PC, I would of though it is possible to alter your IP address outside the scope of the original network, and still use the common gateway.
    You just need to get into the router to alter the allow list to include you new IP.

Just a thought...............

15. bobright

bobright Guest

Quote:im 15 trying to talk to my grandfather, they won't let me talk to him cause he did something bad

okay something about that sounds fishy,

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

nothing fishy about that as i know were he is talking from experience wise!!

17. bobright

bobright Guest

ha, whoops. i hear yah

just didnt sound right at first.

18. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

Just obey your parents!!!
    LOL
    Maybe your GP is a molester or something crazy like that.
    Ask them why you can't talk to him.
    Maybe you have an inheritance?

19. baabaa

baabaa Active member

@chazbmwUS

No offence, but I don't think you should post something like that (referring to the third line in your post), obviously there is a family issue there, and I don't think this is the right place to speculate what the problem is, afterall it is none of our business really...........

Again, no offence, I just think what ever the issue is there, should remain there and not be discussed here....................

Have a good one.................all...........

Last edited: Jun 10, 2005
  20. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

Seriosuly, and infact, i have a calendar, 365 days total, every day is a new and humilating quote from my president.