1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamecube DVD-R Compatibilty

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by lukdaman, Jun 9, 2005.

1. lukdaman

lukdaman Member

Ok people, this forum section is huuuuge, i cannot find a DVD-R fullsize or Mini dvd-r compatibilty chart or anything here? since maxconsole shutdown i am here, and i need to know which dvd-r's will work on the gamecube, i have tryed sony dvd-r's, blank one's and some other random kind and so far none of them ahve worked for me, i use the PSO loader to load the gCsOv1.dol loader and nothing boots it up, will i have to tweak my damn lazer? cause that will be a pain in the ass if i do, but please reply with a possible Gamecube DVD-r Compatibility chart or something and could someone please help me if i have to tweak my lazer or not thank you.

2. paztelu

paztelu Regular member

3. lukdaman

lukdaman Member

Thanks but where do you find those certain kind of dvd-r's? at futureshop or some big plac like that?

4. lukdaman

lukdaman Member

I just burnt a imation DVD-R with a gamecube iso with nero and it did not boot? not sure whats going on here, but is there a different loader for this of the PSO loader or no? or maybe people can tell me exactly what they did to make there pso loader to work on the full size dvd-r mod, if you anybody can tell me thanks very much

5. paztelu

paztelu Regular member

You can find the Ritek Ritada mini DVD at meritiline.com or supermedia store you can also buy the prodisc mini DVD's which are very good too, you dont need anything special to boot from a DVD-R so dont worry about it. hope it helps ;-)

6. lukdaman

lukdaman Member

Hmm i could try that out but others tell me it could be my burner, the image , or the dvd, but imation dvd-r's the ones i am trying say they work, so if its my burner that really woudl suck, is there some kind of burner compatibility or something? cause this is really frustrating if you can help me out still thanks.

7. paztelu

paztelu Regular member

Dont use Imation they are no good, try using prodisc or ridata, I think verbs dont work on the cube, have u used Mini DVD's before and they have worked well, because if not it may be time to do it ;-)

If you decided to tweak your laser here is the thread

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/5/138930

8. minimoo

minimoo Guest

Not sure if this is an error but SVP are selling 8cm Bulkpaq for dirt cheap when you buy 10 or more tubs.

Bulkpaq (4x) 1.4GB 8cm DVD-R in Spindle Tubs of 10
    DVDINFO: ProdiscS03
    (check compatibility http://modthatcube.ngcdev.com/content/media.htm)

SVP Price: (9 or fewer items) £8.75
    SVP Price: (10 or more items) £1.99 << this can't be right? grab them while you can :) works out to be 20p per disc

So...for the price of that expensive replacement case £20, you could instead get 100 mini-DVDs £19.90 This should be more than enough for your backup needs.

9. paztelu

paztelu Regular member

I think that price is to good to be true, but if they are real Prodisc get them they are very good and work on the cube :) although maybe you still have to tweak your cubes laser

10. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member