1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AC3 digital sound from PC

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by Sluke, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Sluke

Sluke Member

I have been having trouble with my computer soundcards ac3 output. I have a via envy24ht-s PCI soundcard. The sound card claims to be capable of outputing AC-3 realtime but my AC-3 decoder will not recognise the signal. But the decoder will recognise AC3 from a DVD.

Is there a known difference between the AC-3 signal from soundcard that would be encoding realtime and AC-3 sound from DVDs?
    Any suggestions on how to get it to work?

Thank you in advance for any help.

2. joeletaxi

joeletaxi Member

Hello,
    I have the same probleme. The DVD AC3 signals are not recognised by my amplifier's decoder. In my case the DVD DTS is recognised by the amplifier's decoder.
    I've got a Juli@ sound card and a Yamaha DSP-A1 amplifier which seems not to be compatible PCM encapsulated AC3 signals. It is that kind of signals the could come out of the sound card...
    I found a link to find out if my amplifier/decoder is compatible and it is not!

http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/DD_receiver

Does someone know howto produce "pure" AC3 signals without PCM encapsulation in Envy24ht-s PCI soundcards?