1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connect my pc to a TV

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by D-block, Aug 10, 2004.

1. r2d3

r2d3 Member

wind2bay-

Hey, I'm having the same problem with this. Mine's a Thinkpad R31. Have you had any luck yet?

2. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

Anybody tried looking at their guide that came with the computer? It could help...

3. wind2bay

wind2bay Guest

Well, after plug in S-video cable, I can see my laptop screen on TV but when I launched RealPlayer, it shows blank. Weird...

4. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

You need to make it so that you can see the video on the tv but not the computer. Change the settings so that instead of the monitor being the tv and the computer, it should be only the tv.

5. aero77

aero77 Member

mines not that easy, i can't even get the picture on the tv screen! :'(

i can't find the damn right cable. it works when i plug my laptop to a s-vid in device but not AV cables (red, white, yellow).

Please help me!!

6. siefer1

siefer1 Member

Ok If someone can help THX. Heres my problem:
    I have a computer with a s-vid card and I want to connect it to my tv but my tv does not have the right plug, it just has one of thoese screw in things, I also have a vcr with audio and video plugs, but the s-vid cabel wont fit there either. What do i need to get to connect my tv to computer.

7. tmaisnam

tmaisnam Member

8. fau13

fau13 Member

Hi,

I don't have a any s vedio connecton for my TV.. I have a VCR, which have yello composite connector.. Would you please any one conneted tv to pc.. please give me some sugessions.. I will thankful to you.

Thanks

9. faure

faure Guest

Wind2bay, I have the SAME problem: my T40 Thinkpad plays a dvd on its own screen with no problems. When I connect the s video to a TV, and choose TV as the DISPLAY from the settings/advanced etc., I see the computer screen on the TV, but the inside of the Windows MEdia player is blank on the TV (even though it shows the DVD on the computer's screen). I have the same problem with movies downloaded from MovieLink, which play OK on the laptop but not on the TV.
    What are we doing wrong?

10. swog

swog Member

Just to but in - For UK veiwers. I was about to ask the same questions when I saw all the relevant cables for sale at ALDI for just £5.00.

Hope its some help - but move fast, only runs to end of month.

11. wjburch

wjburch Guest

TO ALL YOU FELLOWS WANTING TO WATCH YOUR MOVIES ON TV, U WILL NEED AVIDEO CARD WITH TV OUT SUCH AS A G-FORCE MX400, USING A NVIDEA CHIP,A S-CABLE, FOR THE VIDEO, FOR SOUND A CABLE WITH STERIO CONNECTION ONE END AND MONO AT THE OTHER, MONO END INTO TV (AUDIO IN)STERIO END INTO SOUND CARD (AUDIO OUT) AVI SETTING ON TV U CAN WATCH TV AND PC EASY

12. sunshiny

sunshiny Guest

I don't have a problem connecting my computer to the internet but I do have a problem getting my TV not to run in 8 bit mode. What can I do to get more colour? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

13. fubarhook

fubarhook Member

I have a ATI All in wonder 128. I'm trying to connect my pc to the tv but i'm not getting any display on my tv when enabling tv in the display settings.
    can anyone help me?

14. MrNightly

MrNightly Member

Well after reading thru this thread, i am still having problems...

Here's what i have:

P4 2.6Ghz, 1G of DDR memory, 5.1audio card, and i just recently bought the Radeon 9800 Pro Graphics card. I have a widescreen TV, and want to connect my DVD player from my Pc to my Tv. I connected the S-video card to my PC and Tv.

I was able to get the video to play by toggleing the clone switch in the display group... but the DVD on my TV is not a very good picture at all... rather hazy, fuzzy... just not a good picture. Also it my new 16:9 Widescreen TV won't fill in the entire picture.. what's up with that?

Any advice would be great. Thanks

15. zb2612

zb2612 Member

Hey, right i have a problem!

i want to know how to connect my samsung x30 laptop to the tv. i have an s video output on my laptop and connected it to the tv but just had blue scream on the tv. is there something special that i need to do in order to sort this out ? also will i need separate audio cables ???

Zoe
    xxx

16. hodab

hodab Guest

what video card do you have?

17. hugokiney

hugokiney Member

hej, i need your help!

I got a laptop with a S-Video plug... and I bought a cable to connect to the TV... it nearly works properly. I can watch the movie, but it is Black & White... (it seems that laptops are NTSC or PAL, but in France we're using SECAM).
    Anybody knows how to do?? (except buying a Pal Tv lol)

thanks

18. zb2612

zb2612 Member

i have nvida Geforce FX Go5200 graphics card and s video output on laptop

Zoe
    xxx

19. hodab

hodab Guest

20. Brook-lyn

Brook-lyn Member

I have a question. Is it just possible to connect your pc to your tv just to sit back on your couch and surf, work, do all of the computer things, while actually relaxing? I'm not too worried about watching movies, I just want to be able to do what I normally do on my pc using my tv as a monitor. I have s-video on both pc and tv, as well as all the rca types on the tv. Can I just connect the s-video to s-video? Oh, and both s-video's are female, so I would need adaptors to make both male, correct?

Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me on this question.

Brook-lyn