1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now all member ranks are based on number of posts

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michigan

michigan Guest

Your right I'm sure, and the Mods, Seniors Citizens oops I mean Members and a couple of the members, made it pretty clear to this person. I just don't like the titles stuff I've been on a few other formus before and some people take these titles very seriously. I like the people who give quality information (ScubaPete, Veblim, Dela, etc.) to be recognized and the old system did that in a good way, by the other quality people deciding. I hope that this works out, I know that it's though to try to do the "right" thing and i appreciate it.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I was raised to Senior level about 2 days before the new system was activated. For 2 days I felt like someone had noticed I have been trying to help others as best as I possibly could. Now with all the other Seniors that made the post count the title means nothing at all. I know there were complaints about the other system and I followed the threads relating to it. After it was all over it seemed things had settled back to normal. Then the new system is added. Yes it may be easier for the Mods and Administration but leaves little for everyone else to look forward to. If the post count is all that matters, I would rather stay a member forever. I agree with ScubaPete 100%.

Jerry

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Jerry746,

I noticed ... I'm glad you were made Senior 2 days before.

Also I liked the older system better, and I think as time passed everything was getting back to normal.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yes Jerry, we did notice. I had spoken to Dela some time before you were raised and no matter who did what, you were long overdue.

We'll always remember you did it the hard way.

Your friend,

Pete

5. michigan

michigan Guest

Congrats Pete,
    I bet you have the record for fastest jump from Senior to Addict.

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

okay, I'm a newbie and even I agree with Pete. I actually just as of now found out about the new system, so I looked at my account and saw that after this post, I only need one more post to make junior member. For what? Yes I do try to help people with what I know about the whopping 3 programs that I use, but in my eyes I've done nothing to advance a step. I would much rather feel that I [bold]earned [/bold] a position. In my eyes, if people can't be recognized for their real contributions and selected based on recomendations, then we should all be "users" other than admins, mods, and da boss. I know what's done is done, but that doesn't always make it right.

7. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well this sucks.... just cuz i got me over 1600 posts i got me Senior.... seems the only way i got me Senior was cuz of the new system... kinda stupid... cuz i wanted to "earn" the title of Senior... not just get out of no where.. if someone would actualy bother to look on the ps2 forum i would have made the Senior long time ago... :(

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey dRD I think your new rules are pretty pointless on the posting so take me back to a newbie will ya.I DONT DESERVE OR NEED TO BE A SENIOR MEMBER.I come here to get the help i need from the more learned members which there are heaps off.(nepilim/wilkes/ cozza when he was here/dela and even darthnip on occasion

(sick of all the crap that people are going on about.If you guys thought cozza should of gone up the ranks thats your call and no ones elses.wish this site was like it was 18 months ago less politics)

thanks for letting me have my say!!!!

andmerr

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2004
  9. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

This is pointless debate -- whichever way the system is changed, half the people are unhappy. Will close this thread now and I will personally ban the next one who complains about the ranks either via PM or via public forums.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Petteri Pyyny
    Webmaster
    http://AfterDawn.com/

Please read our guides before posting questions! Guides are available here:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/[/small]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.