1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerovision Express 2 Transcoding Problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Hywel, Sep 1, 2004.

1. xpander

xpander Member

I'm having a problem with Nero express vision, its worked before for when converting avi to dvd, but recently it stops encoding after a few hours and a pop up states that its low on virtual memory, and yes I've tried to update the virtual memory and increase it to max, which is 4096MB, which it does but when I go back to performance options under virtual memory its says 767MB for Virtual Memory (total paging file size for all drives)! Should it state this or should it say 4096MB.

The only thing I think thats changed since then is that I've installed Servive Pack 2 for microsoft windows, would this change anything?

Help please!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  2. Hywel

Hywel Member

Craig,

Thanks for that, I do have a creative sound card. I'll remove it and try the process again. Hopefully that will resolve the problem. I don't fancy taking out the rest of the cards and trying them one by one, it will take me a while.

Cheers,
    Hywel

3. biogray

biogray Member

Craig, thanx for analyzing my problem.
    My virtual memory is set to max: 4096. I have a 384 SDRAM which is not much nowadays but it seems that other users have similar problems with faster computers too. Unfortunatelly i can't test it with some other faster computer.
    Yesterday i started to transcodde a few slideshows (less than 0.5GB) and today morning Nero Vision was gone, which means that it shut it self at some stage of transcodding process.
    Currently i use Nero just to create one slide show at a time, so it doesn't hungup and in result i have ready to use VOB files.
    Then i use some other software to create the menu for those Nero VOB files, and i could also add some soundtracks. I'm still working on it.

Thanks and Regards.

4. Hywel

Hywel Member

Craig,

I've tried the whole process again without the Creative soundcard and I still get the same problem. The application starts off OK but shuts down again during the transcoding like it was never running and no DVD created.

I'm getting absolutely nowhere with the Technical Support at Ahead. Its like banging your head against a brick wall. The last email I had from them told me to wait for the new patch, but there was no patch for NeroVision Express. So I've installed the latest patches for all the other applications and guess what, it still doesn't work. I wonder whether they will ever read my emails as none of the replies to date have actually looked at my particular problem.

I've been trialling Pinnacle's Expression product that comes with its InstantCD/DVD suite and that works fine. So far it has been perfect and I've not had a single problem burning a DVD.

Regards,
    Hywel

5. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Biogray,

Could you send me a copy of the Nero InfoTool report on your system? Send it to me at techsupport4@nero.com

Maybe this will give me some insight to the cause of your problem, or at least allow me to try and reproduce your system and hopefully your issues.

You should have more than enough Memory for our NVE program to function properly.

Hi Hywel,

Who have you been in contact with at Ahead for Tech support? Can you send me a copy of the Email from the tech so I can see what kind of respones you are getting? You can send it to me at techsupport4@nero.com

And while you are at it, send me a report created by Nero InfoTool as well so I have more to work on, and hopefully something jumps out at me. :)
    At the least, I can try and duplicate your system as well so that I can hopefully duplicate your issue.

And if you can, try to list any hardware or software that you have added to your system that may not be considered 'average'.

Regards,

Craig

6. Hywel

Hywel Member

Hi Craig,

Thanks for that, I'll get the details to you shortly.

Cheers,
    Hywel

7. Jabba2004

Jabba2004 Guest

Craig,
    I installed the latest version of NeroVision (2.1.2.21) and am still seeing the program shut down at some point during transcoding. Files are AVI's - various configurations. Any suggestions?

8. Jabba2004

Jabba2004 Guest

Seems hit and miss - sometimes it shuts down, sometimes it doesn't. Doesnt seem to depend on length of file that is being transcoded either.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2004
  9. latas

latas Member

First of all, Hi everybody. This is my first post in this forum.

I will explain the evolution of my investigation. Since I made my first DVD about my wedding, I didn't do anything else with NeroVision Express, but update it.

During last weekend I was trying to make a DVD with slide shows about my holidays.

The first problem I've got was program crashes during authoring steps.
    After several hours analyzing the situation I could isolate the problem. It was due to Theorical DivX ;-) codecs package installation I did some time ago. This package adds a lot of codecs support to your system, but it looks like it puts the files into Windows System directory. I think the preference about dll's and other related files is the own application directory, but it looks Nero was using other codes when authoring, and program crashes with Application Error, and Memory Errors.

So I uninstalled the package and this part was fixed.

After authoring my DVD, I was ready to make the compilation, and transcoding procedure, etc.

I began with a Menu with a background video included. That step works well.

Afterthis, first slide show began. Slide show with audio. Using the option of Fast Encoding I experienced the procedure looks to work better than High Quality Encoding (VBR).

During this transcoding I could see the pictures in the NeroVision Express Preview TV.

The 95 pictures with the audio finished.

Second slide show began. After some minutes of transcoding the preview screen turns black and no more pictures were shown, but transcoding looks working.

After 1 minute more, transcoding looks to be stop, NeroVision Express is frozen, but you've got control over certain buttons.

Sometimes after 2 or 3 minutes more, NeroVision window vanishes in the air of Desktop.

Mmmmm, nice fade out effect :)

Well, following other forum user recomendations, I just downloaded Ulead DVD PictureShow 3, and I will try it today.

Cheers.

10. Hywel

Hywel Member

I've tried the latest version (2.1.2.21) of NeroVision Express 2 and guess what, same problem. I tried it last night, everything starts off OK and I leave it transcoding. This morning I find that NeroVision has shut itself down again without a trace of it running in the first place. I've sent another reply to the support team at Ahead.

Craig,
    I haven't sent you the details yet but I will do so in the next few days. I've had a busy weekend.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2004
  11. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Hywel,

I eagerly await your email with the details. The sooner I can track down this issue the better. :)

Thanks.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

12. Hywel

Hywel Member

Craig,

I've sent you an email with the infotool.txt file attached. This was sent with my initial correspondence about 4 weeks ago.

Thanks,
    Hywel

13. machie

machie Member

I have been reading these posts with interest as I have also experienced transcoding problems using Vision Express 2 (6 Ultra v.6.3.1.20). I have purchased & updated the program within the past week & have made several attempts to make a dvd using my dvd-compliant mpeg2 files. During the last 5 minutes of transcoding, I get a write error which asks if I want to create a log file. A portion of this file is:

[22:56:02] DVDEngine ...VOB1 CELL4 VOBU3675 VOBU_S_PTM 1042102628 VOBU_E_PTM 1042102628 (1)
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine ...VOB1 CELL4 VOBU3676 VOBU_S_PTM 351904369 VOBU_E_PTM 351940405 (1)
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine ...VOB1 CELL4 VOBU3677 VOBU_S_PTM 351940405 VOBU_E_PTM 351976441 (1)
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine ********BEGIN: Component Error Source
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine Error Code: -1
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine Source: _DVDProcessor::VerifyDesc()
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine Description: _ulVOBU_S_PTM is less than previous _ulVOBU_E_PTM
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine ********END: Component Error Source
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine ********BEGIN: Component Error Handler
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine ########################################################################################
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine ERROR
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine source: _DVDProcessor::VerifyDesc()
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine description: _ulVOBU_S_PTM is less than previous _ulVOBU_E_PTM
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine ########################################################################################
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine ********END: Component Error Handler
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine ******END: _VOBS - Process VOB
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine ****END: VTSTT_VOBS#1 - Process Create
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine **END: Create - VTSTT_VOBS#1
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine DVDENGINE exception caught.
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine END: IDVDVideoSessionImpl - CreateVOBs
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine BEGIN: DVDSessionBase - RegisterCallback
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine ...Session callback unregistered...
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine END: DVDSessionBase - RegisterCallback
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine BEGIN: DVDSessionBase - GetLog
    [22:56:02] DVDEngine END: DVDSessionBase - GetLog

I have no idea what this means. All of my attempts have the same error. I have sent the log files to Tech Support but have only received one response that told me to run Cleanpack, which I did, & still got the same error. There has been no further response from Nero's Tech Support. During the past week I have defragged, cleared temp files, removed all other burning software, ran Cleanpack & registry check. I close all programs that may be running in the background. My burner is a TDK DVDRW0404N, which is supported by the software, XP Home with SP2, 20G free space, 512 MB Ram, 1.46 GHz. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

14. Minion

Minion Senior member

I suggest totally Dropping Nero Vision Express cuz the Program is a Piece of Crap and use a real DVD authoring Program like "DVDLab"....

15. machie

machie Member

Hi Minion. DVD Lab is a great authoring program. I purchased the Nero Suite because it has some extras that DVD Lab doesn't offer. I'll attempt to make Nero work for me since I have alreading invested the $$$ in it. If not, my next purchase will be DVD Lab. Take care.

16. latas

latas Member

Hi again. JFYI I used yesterday Ulead as I said before, and the result is impressive. I could make slide shows with more than 200 pictures. I made a DVD which size was around 3.8 Gbytes.

Everything was transcoding right, and also burnt it. The smooth transitions that Ulead PictureShow provides is quite amazing. Pan and Zoom effect makes the slide shows becomes alive.

Only one thing not really powerfull from my point of view, is the capabilities to change the menu layouts. Application offers you several layouts, nice layouts,and the way to change backgrounds, add video for background, animate buttons, and also small previews of the contents boxes, but you can not move or reallocate buttons, boxes, and so on.
    That's the black point.

Cheers.

17. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Machie,

Could you send me the full NeroVision Log file to my Email at techsupport4@nero.com so I can have a closer look?

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

18. machie

machie Member

I will send it tonight. Thanks Craig.

19. scarbouc

scarbouc Member

Craig et al.

Same problem here - I constantly run out of virtual memory. I watch my Task Manager and the page file gets bigger and bigge until it crashes...

Techsupport responses so far have been either oops we lost your log file - send again or download the newest version...

I keep downloadng the newest version - 25MB and it still doesn't work!

I got this software as part of a package with my Memorex External Drive. After it didn't work the first time with my 1GHz 512MB notebook, the geniuses at Bestbuy and Compusa told me it was the computer (which met, if not exceeded the minimum requirements). So I opted for the new $1000 computer. I chose to not buy a new internal DVD burner since I spent all the money on the external DVD and can't return the to Circuit City (not one in Alaska - had a gift certificate). So now I am stuck with it and Nero - which doesn't work!!

Please help!!!

Frustrated

Chris

20. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Chris,

I did recieve your Email, and I have responded back. We'll work on that and report the results to the forum once we are done, if you do not mind. Be the end result good or bad, we should let others know the outcome.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA