1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning copy protected dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bcakt6, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Software ??????????

2. chefwhit

chefwhit Member

Where is this at??? The whole "Target Device" Do I have a new version of this...cause I can't find this anywhere?? Thanks for the help!!

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

chefwhit,

You need to click "backup!" first, then you'll see what Pete's talking about.

4. Scottyboi

Scottyboi Guest

Thanks Sucbapete x x

5. roberson

roberson Guest

I can not believe in all the answers you have got on this problems no one has told you what to do.
    Purchase a software called ANY DVD. Install the program in your computer and it will remove all protection from any CD or DVD you are trying to copy.
    I have had this software installed for over seven months and it works without any problems. The cost is $39.99.
    It does not hurt your CD or DVD drive in any way. Just removed the protection so you can copy in your burning software you have installed. This software can be downloaded from their web site and used for thirty days to see if you like it. Please e-mail me if this workd for you. Robert. <ididntreadtherules@noemails.com >

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2004
  6. michigan

michigan Guest

roberson,
    Take your email addreess out of the post.

Burning programs are a matter of choice. I use Shrink and Nero and am very happy with it and Shrink was Free. If you don't have Nero you can still burn DVD's Free by using Shrink with Decrypter (also Free). It's the best way to start out because it is free and there are a lot of people here to help out since most people start with it and have a lot of experence with it. The newest version is certainly the best yet. It includes several additions that make thsi excellent progam even better. What ever works for you is what you should use.

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

AnyDVD Is a great decrypter, but if doing a dvd 9 movie disc you still need something like Shrink to compress it to fit the dvd 5 blank. Anydvd does work well with Clone DVD (My 1st choice for backups).

Jerry

8. wyldcynic

wyldcynic Member

hey guys, this forum has been a lot of help. i recently bought a new computer w/dvd burner, and naively thought i could just burn dvds using the software that came with the computer. i quickly realized the copy protection would be a problem, and did some internet research. just when i thought i'd have to throw down $50+ on software, i came across this thread. i was able to dowload dvd decrypter and dvd shrink, and following scuba pete's instructions step-by-step, i had indeed burned my first dvd within 1 1/2 hours time. thanks so much for all the help, and for saving me $$!

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey roberson,

I just can't believe that anyone would buy AnyDVD for $39.99 when they could have DVD43 doing the same job for nothing.

If you would have checked the current problem on this thread you would have seen that it was a problem with the file being too big. AnyDVD can't do anything about that AND finally If you were using DVD Shrink you'd have no reason to buy AnyDVD for $39.99 as DVD Shrink rips a DVD just fine, thank you very much -

And if you're wondering why I just jumped on you it was because you said -

Here's a news flash for you, I tell a lot of pple what to do and my advice is pretty darn good, funny thing though, I haven't seen you helping too many pple, why not try it sometime.

And BTW, I took your remark personally as I've been helping quite a bit on this thread – Don't jump in where I've been working and make a comment like that again -

Cheers

10. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

Thanks Scuba for all the help...you've been awesome. Now just a question...I still haven't used Nero (only Decrypter) to burn the DVD. Do you have a "step-by-step" guide on how to do this (Nero)? I know earlier in this thread you had a Shrink and Nero guide, but I like it when you mention "click here" and "untick this". It's alot easier to follow than the tutorial for Nero and I trust you the most!

Also, I'm not sure about upgrading to the newest (3.5.1.0) version of Decrypter...should I stick to my current version (3.2.3.0) if that works for me? I just don't want to mess things up and get coasters. Thanks.

11. ispy

ispy Regular member

When there is nothing decent on the TV,and the newspapers are full of crap,just switch on ms.comp and read " Scuba,s Guides ",there the best read for months,and you end up learning something!
    Carry on the Great work.
    Regards ispy

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey there Newfee, Thanks for the complements, that's my pay for working with pple. I don't get them all that much so it means a lot :)

Since you were so nice to me, here's a guide for Nero - I hope it's it's clear enough - ->

A guide for burning with Nero 6 Burning ROM STORY

BURNING WITH NERO CLASSIC
    HINT:
    First, create a folder for your work on your desktop OR your HD. - Name it something that you'll be able to find. I named mine C:\All My DVD Work\Sleeping Beauty Kills Bill, needs Anger Management. Now load your IFO, BUP and VOB files there - make sure they are in a folder named VIDEO_TS written like that (all in Caps) - some programs like DVD Shrink will make the properly named folder for you, others you must make the folder yourself - Nero needs that folder with all it's contents in order to work properly -

Burning a file made by DVD Shrink.
    If you had used DVD Shrink to create a file on your HD you are truly in great shape. When you wish to burn, use the "File Browser" in Nero Classic (don't use Nero's Wizard), trace your path back to C:\All My DVD Work\Sleeping Beauty Kills Bill, needs Anger Management. , you don't have to remember where your work is or if you need to do anymore work on it, it is completely finished, ready to go - -

OK then, is everyone comfy ? Good - its now time for - -
    "Uncle" ScubaPete's Step by Step, Let's burn with Nero 6 Guide -

First - Do not use Nero Wizard -
    Please follow EXACTLY -
    When you open Nero Burning ROM, you will be at the "New Compilation" window. Directly under the title "New Compilation" is a choice block to choose either DVD or CD, choose "DVD". Directly under that click on the "DVD Video Icon." Then click "New" in the upper right corner of that screen, NOT the main screen.
    You now are in the "DVD Video" window. In the left screen, click "VIDEO_TS". In the "File Browser" screen, 3rd from the left, trace your path to the VIDEO_TS folder, the one you made earlier holding all of your files and click on that folder. All of your VIDEO_TS files are now opened in the right screen. Click on the top file, hold down the "Shift" key and then click the bottom file thereby hi-lighting the entire column of files. Click and (holding the left mouse button down) drag the entire column of files to the open screen, second from the left and release the mouse button. Now click the icon on the task bar that shows a match on a disc, and then click "OK" and now, clear the room, stand up tall and shout out, "Burn Baby, BURN" ! One more time, let me hear you say it, "Who's your Daddy Now ???"
    Guess what my Friend ? You are done !!!

(Wheeew, now I really need a cigarette)

NOW, STAND AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER ! !
    Keep all fingers and toes away from Ms. Computer. Do not fold spindle or mutilate and never mess with the lady when she's working - it could be hazardous to your health, you understand -
    Go and have your coffee, when Nero is done, she will let you know ;-))

Enjoy your backup,

"P"

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

An ISO with Nero

When using Nero to burn your ISO image, use Nero StartSmart - "Click" the DVD tab in upper right - then "click" the 5th tab, under DVD tab "Copy and backup" then choose "Burn Image to Disc". This should open Nero Express. Use this to burn your ISO Image to your blank DVD. I personally cannot promise that your PC won't blow up at this point BUT I do caution you not to use a gasoline soaked cloth to wipe your computer housing down while smoking a cigarette. I'm thinking I might have gone wrong somewhere around there. I'll be out of the burn unit in time to find out how your DVD copying went so, don't forget to write :)

Hope this guide has been of some help -

When you're looking for a guide with a story, shop ScubaPete

Ispy, Thanks for the kind words,

Pete

13. wnyx1440

wnyx1440 Member

Hello - I just downloaded the software and it seems to be working great so far. The only issue is that when I click backup and when my DVD is being encoded onto the hard drive, it says that the estimated time is 70 hours (and by the way it's moving, I wouldn't doubt it). Is there anything that I can do to speed up the process? I have a single DVD-ROM/Burner in my machine and it's an Athlon 3000. Thanks for anyone's help on this!

14. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

wynx1440, Here's a few things to check to get started. Your time is way too excessive. First, shut down any programs running in the background that may auto-start with the boot up. Next go into your device manager and check both IDE channels. Both primary and secondary should be set to DMA NOT PIO. Then make sure your burner drive is set as the MASTER on the secondary IDE channel.Check these and change any that are wrong and see if that helps. Your times should be somewhere between 1 & 2 hours. Anything above 3 hr there has to be something set wrong.

Jerry
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2004
  15. mediya

mediya Member

Hi all,
    first of all let me thank ScubaPete for his guides ... they are really helpful ... hey scubaPete, I've got two questions for you I'm sure you can help me....

1. I have a DVD ( a movie ) which contains quite a few VOB files and some IFO and BUP files ( total size 4.6 gig ) ... I want to convert them all to [bold]ONE[/bold] AVI file .... and I also wnat to compress them. Can I compress them to fit in a single CD ??? what Programs should I use

2. I also have another DVD which has a total size of 8.3 gig, I'm not sure how it has that much data in it ... what programs should I use to copy it to a normal DVD ( 4.7 gig ) or is it possible at all ??and can I also convert it to a single AVI file

hope I'm clear enough ...

tia
    mediya

16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi tia mediya, Welcome to aD,

As I don't go from DVD to CD (far too much quality loss) I can't tell you how much compression you'll be able to achieve BUT you can experiment to see what you'll be able to do by using - DVD2AVI.

Here is the proggy PLUS 2 ripping guides to help you along -

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd2avi.cfm

I'd suggest that you whittle it down by cutting out all the extras and unnecessary audio tracks then use DVD Shrink to compress with DVD Shrink's Deep Analysis and try different Quality enhancement settings to see which will give you the best end product OR use Nero's recode2, CloneDVD2 or DVD2One to process and then burn to disc.

Sure, you can convert any DVD to an AVI but I'd have no idea how many CD's you'd need to burn it too -

Perhaps there are so others who do this on a regular basis and who can give you a better idea of what will fit where -

Cheers,

17. MrsE

MrsE Member

Okay, I have read and read and read and think I may have the jist of the situtation. However, I am in a hurry, my husband leaves for Bagdad in 2 weeks and I seem to be in charge of learning how to burn DVD's to take along! This along with stupid dvd CD camera that cannot be read and seems to have to be connected via cord to download film... arrggg why did I spend an extra $400 if it still had to be connected by cord??

Anyway, I ramble, my question of the day is this... Can one burn personally owned DVDs to a CD-R or is there a special DVD disc that must be used? I thought they were all the same except some could be erased and used again CD-RW.

18. MrsE

MrsE Member

Perhaps I should have said "only the stupid fail to read all of the messages before posting!" I think I can see clearly now! I could burn to CD but the quality would not be a high as it would be using a DVD.

Cool beans - I think I am catching on. I will download shrink, decryter, buy some new discs, and make a trial run tomorrow!

I am so glad i fell upon this spot! You are the BOMB! :)

C-

19. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

Hey guys. I know I'm supposed to read the posts before I ask questions, but ScubaPete's got me backing up DVD's like crazy I don't have time to read! My total time to back up a DVD is about 45min (Shrink,then Nero). How much time could I possibly save with a DVD-ROM installed...say 8X. Thanks all!

20. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Newfee, 45 minutes start to finish is right in line for a dvd 9 movie. You might shave another 10-15 minutes with a dvd rom. You're doing fine where you are. Good thing about using the DVD rom is saving some wear on the burner drive. I'm still using my 106D for everything trying to see if I can kill it. That way I have an excuse to upgrade if the wife asks. Anyway like I said your times are good.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.