1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V220 USB Data Cabel Software

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by nazdagr8, Sep 26, 2004.

1. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  2. Risa

Risa Guest

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm using Winzip 8.1 SR-1. I'll try again.
    Were you able to install the files and get it to work?

3. Risa

Risa Guest

GeeDaddy - you rock! Okay, this totally works. But you have to do a few things. After you download the files indicated above and unzip them, click on setup.exe. Follow the instructions. Then pick any phone. Let it start up. THE OTHER FILE INDICATED WHEN YOU UNZIP IS IN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE SO LOADING IT WILL ONLY GIVE YOU UNRECOGNIZEABLE INFO. Instead go here and download the update for the phonetools software, www.bvrp.com//customers/motorola/upgrade/us. Here you will find the update which should be version 2.21b. After you download this file, you will find that it recognizes and chooses your V220 automatically and you will be able to see and synchronize photos and all other data. Of course I haven't figured out how to synchronze the data with my palm pilot software but I don't think I want to anyway, too much info would go on the phone that way. ANYHOW, YOU ALL ROCK. THIS IS GREAT, THANKS SO MUCH.

OH, When you take photos with this camer and remain VERY STILL and play with the settngs for taking pictures (the phone lets you change to "sunny" "inside" etc. you'll find the photos really are pretty good. HAVE FUN!

4. Mattjazz

Mattjazz Member

Managed to download the update for phonetools but it just constantly displays "initialising" and when I try to set up my modem it wont recognise my drivers and just looks on the com ports.My modem is usb so once again HELP

5. Risa

Risa Guest

Try uninstsalling everything and reinstsalling as per the last two e-mails. It worked fine for me. I have Windows XP with the update. It's working like a charm.

6. V220user

V220user Member

This is a huge relief to hear! Now I just hope that file stays up long enough for me to get home from work and download it.....

Thanks for all your help, everyone!

7. V220user

V220user Member

It's amazing how much help everyone was for complete strangers (and newbies, at that) on the internet. Thanks to everyone for all their help! Now when my phone rings, I have to decide whether I want to answer it, or keep listening to my mp3-tone! :)

8. baron1029

baron1029 Member

Sucess, I got it working great thanks for all the help guys.

9. Risa

Risa Guest

Okay, so now, does anyone know if there is a keyboard out there that works with this phone? And, I called Motorola and they said there is no way to take off the AT&T Wireless logo on the home screen. Someone on the Internet must know the "back door" to remove the logo! Any help out there? I wouldn't mind if it wasn't so big or just said AT&T, but the whole thing takes up the top of the wallpaper!

10. kytetiger

kytetiger Member

Hey, thanks every body , now i can transfer my pictures!!!
    and i haven't need to change the model: it is still using V220!!!

11. Mattjazz

Mattjazz Member

Well I'm glad you're all up and running,Istill can't get anything.Let me ask you some questions.Firstly I have a V220 and am running win98SE.Right,did you install a driver for your phone ,if so where d'ya get it from and what did you do? Secondly how do you get mobile phone tools to recognize your usb modem if its not in the list.It wont take the drivers off of the manafacturers disk or anywhere.It also tells me my phone is not connected when it bloomin well is!

12. bv220

bv220 Member

I'm a complete newbie and I have a few questions too. I just bought a V220 and so far I've downloaded mpt1.23/2.16/2.21 and the unzip softaware(I don't know if I even needed 2.16). So first, I was wondering if I need a special usb driver(and where would i find one) or will the usb software that came with minidisc, digital cameras, videocameras etc. work? And second what is the P2K software and where do I get it.
    Thanks

13. toddlez

toddlez Member

I got a motorola v220. I have got the software, but have also downloaded what it has said on the site, iam having so much trouble getting it to work i keep getting an error...
    Someone please help me

14. AznKnight

AznKnight Guest

i tried to install the 1.23c and it have me an error "Error 0x80040707" anybody help?

15. bv220

bv220 Member

I think you just have to delete it and download again, it took me 8 tries but I finally have all the programs running. Now I only have one problem left, when I hook up my phone and everything starts I cant get past the "Initializing..." stage(It's not reading my phone or something). I just hope its all worth the effort.

16. Risa

Risa Guest

I'm not sure why you all are having so many problems. Be sure to follow the steps outlined previously to download the original file and then do the udpate. My worked first time perfectly. (And I'm a newbie with this phone stuff too). If it doesn't work, try deleting the files and reinstalling. Sorry, you are having trouble. As to whether it's worth it, it definetly speeds up the entry for the phone book and you can instantly trade pictures back and forth from the phone to the computer. That's what I like it for.

I'm still hoping someone, alot smarter than me, can figure out how to remove the AT&T Wireless logo on top of the home screen cracking the code for the phone. It can be done, but since I've never done it, I"m not sure where to even start, but apparently it can be done. If I find the info I'll pass it along.

17. zarvex

zarvex Member

ok ive got mad problems. when i install the p2k drivers, the wiz gets the the last page, and when i click finish... 3 seconds later POW! a BSOD. (blue screen of death). normally these dont come up on XP, your pc just automatically restarts.

any help would be nice.

18. xpoc454

xpoc454 Guest

Im completetly confused on setting this up. Ive tried to download somethins but Im afraid I might be out of order or didnt download them all.

Has anyone got to this all to work for a v220 phone on windows xp with the new service pack?

If so, could you give me a complete walk through on what you downloaded and loaded and in the correct order?

thanks
    jim

19. Risa

Risa Guest

I am using a V220 phone with Windows XP, service pack 2 and it all works perfectly.

First, go to this site
    http://www.phonecrap.com/software/mobilePhoneTools/

After you download the files indicated above and unzip them, click on setup.exe. Follow the instructions. Then pick any phone (it doesn’t have the V220 in this version). Let it start up. THE OTHER FILE INDICATED WHEN YOU UNZIP IS IN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE SO LOADING IT WILL ONLY GIVE YOU UNRECOGNIZABLE INFO.

Instead go to the following link and download the update for the phonetools software, www.bvrp.com//customers/motorola/upgrade/us.
    Here you will find the update which should be version 2.21b. After you download this file, you will find that it recognizes and chooses your V220 automatically when you plug it in and you will be able to see and synchronize photos and all other data.

This is all I did and it is working perfectly.
    Good luck!

20. xpoc454

xpoc454 Guest

I just have to download the two files you linked to?
    No other files except for the update later?
    I dont need to install a pst driver set ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2004