1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V180 USB driver

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by jdspeed, Jan 3, 2005.

1. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

2. aarocha

aarocha Member

Hi,

I downloaded the p2k usb driver and when I installed I've got the following error message: "The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance". I wonder if somebody have any idea of this error and how to fix it. My OS is XP.

Thanks,

Arty

3. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

aarocha

try different P2K Driver, and it should work....

4. Hellooooo

Hellooooo Member

I'm curious, are the drivers for the v180 and the v220 the same. I downloaded drivers for the v220 and everything is working fine... I just don't know if I need to download anymore for the v180 to work with mobile phone tools. Thanks.

5. Hellooooo

Hellooooo Member

oooh... and also, it doesn't appear that there is an option for a "v180" on mobile phone tools. I know that there's not for the v220, either, so is there another phone model I should click on for that?

6. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

Hellooooo

they r same drivers, u dont have to install any,,, and MPT does have V220 and V180 skin, what MPT version r u using??

7. tsisK

tsisK Member

jdspeed, I was wondering if you got ur moto v180 going? if u did..then thats good...if not..then let me know because I got my moto v180 to work.

8. Hellooooo

Hellooooo Member

I believe it's 3.somenerother

9. Hellooooo

Hellooooo Member

nevermind... it's v2.16... the problem is, my "Live Update" won't download the updates... perhaps because it's a hacked copy... but is there an alternate skin for the v180 that I could use?

10. hello03

hello03 Member

Hi i have a question on the USB thing..
    I have a USB cord thats compadible with my v180 and it works. It shows up when i hooked it to the computer. And then i downloaded the USB modem and i dont know what to do after that..
    Can you guys please help me?

Thank you

11. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

then install ur drivers, and btw there is a thread saying what to do its at the top of the forum with a dark font, and the thread called motorola hacker's bible.......

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  12. CarDriver

CarDriver Member

can someone please give me a file for the Motorola Driver File that makes it so that the USB is detected by the computer corretly. i know they have it on CDs but can someone send me a file or link so i can get it? and no the PK doesnt work it says "coundnt find hardware"

13. CarDriver

CarDriver Member

o abd by the way my phone is a V300 and i have a V400 as well

14. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

CarDriver

check out the stickie threads and u will find the drivers.........

15. illiquent

illiquent Member

"The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance". is the error I get as well.
    This is worse than an hp printer on windows95.

I have read all the posts relating to v180 drivers on this forum, donwloaded about 10 different "driver" packages .. and no luck getting the phone to think it has the correct driver.

I have a motorola V180, and windows 2000.

which p2k driver bundle is the correct one?
    does motorola make a real driver/software package for their phone?

What steps can I take to freshly install this driver.

I have added removed program and hardware and rebooted several times.
    Each time I reboot and plug in the phone, windows says "The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance" even though I had unistalled it.

uh ???

so ... which driver isn;t bogus? and do I really need to install USB modem driver if all I want to do is flash this phone?

basically, all I am trying to do is get it unlocked, but **itty windows can't see the phone, so I can't hook the USB cable to flash the firmware.

I'll happily RTFM if there was a FM to read that was consistent and not in Russian.

I wish it was Coldfusion and SQL .. I'd be so done right now.

16. illiquent

illiquent Member

regardless of which driver I select, windows says ... there is a driver that more closely matches (I HATE WIZARDS) the driver you are trying to install.

I tried p2k.inf and the usbmoto2000.inf and the one suggested by windows. all result in a wonderful useless error code syaing the drivers are not installed.

is there a manual process to completely uninstall the drivers? I have removed the phone about 10 times through windows, with a reboot after each time.

after I uninstalled it and rebooted, windows sees the phone and auto completes the wizards, and then cheerfully tells me it couldn't install the drivers, so I should click Finish.

is there a way to make sure that winblows actually uninstalled this device?

am I using the wrong p2k for win2k?

I d'led it off bongo wireless and seleted the win2000 version ...

??

I appreciate any links, manuals that are in ENGLISH, or any other links I may have overlooked.

17. illiquent

illiquent Member

after uninstalling the phone for the 17th time and rebooting windows, I've about had it.

When I reconnect the phone, the evil MS wizard says:
    (sure wish I could copy and paste this error box)
    the wizard found a driver for the following device
    Motorola Phone(V180)

windows found a driver that more closely ... a bunch of MS crap ...
    to install the drivers that windows found click next

c:\winnt\inf\oem37.inf

Teh wizard also found other drivers ... blah blah ... to view these drivers as well click the checkbox ...

(checkbox here) Install one of the other drivers ...

so I do that (check the box and pick either one of the drivers, and it offers
    c:\winnt\inf\oem37.inf
    and
    c:\winnt\inf\oem38.inf

but of course, no opton to forcibly put the p2k.inf driver?

do I have to hack my registry to get this to work>>>?

again .. are tehre any REAL drivers issued by MOTOTROLA for win2k?

aside from reformatting my machine (which I ain't gonna do for a stupid cell phone)

any help is appreciated. now to SMASH this v180 with a large rock.
    actually .. it ain't the phone .. it's the LAME OS.

does anyone know which registry settings to delete to truly uninstall this device?

18. illiquent

illiquent Member

alrigght .. like they say .. the 24th time is the charm. I have the d\usb driver installed finally. 38.inf is the one that worked. .. oddly enough ... none of the p2k drivers seemed to work on win2k?

now to see why p2kman thinks the phone is not connected yet the BVRP mobile phone tools can communicate with the phone (ie dial a number from the pc, sync data from phone to .csv file)

what is the simplest program to load mp3's, wallpaper etc.?

it seems like p2kMan is the recommmended program, but it doesn't recognize th ephone as being connected?

now to see if that online unlock I got works ...

and then ... back to real work ...

did I mention I hate driver installation on windows?

making an e-commerce app is far less frustrating.

19. htuyeda

htuyeda Member

Hi. I was able to install the p2k driver under XP. I have a V180 which I smashed up (on accident) and couldn't see the display.. I needed to get the phone numbers off of it at least so I used MobTime Cell Phone Manager 5.2.2. I was able to sync it up fine..

http://www.mobtime.com/en/

Although I can't remember if I used the p2k or usbmoto2000.inf driver..

Thanks for the p2k driver tip!
    -tet

20. DrVenkman

DrVenkman Member

Thnx to all who replied on this thread. I got PhoneTools3.23 to work! I xfer phonebook, ring tones, and I am using my V180 thru USB at this very moment to surf adawn with my pc. Now I'm looking for help to take it to the next level...

How can I use my V180 as if it were a true USB modem? I need to use it to xchange data through a standard dialup service instead of thru the Motorola platform (i.e. dial a 7digit number like 8675309 instead of *22***7#). When I put the dialup number into connections properties the V180 dials it and hangs up before the other end even picks up. Opening port...error 678: the remote computer did not respond.