1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drivers for WinXp, Winme, Win98se *****Look Here******

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by mossyy, Mar 28, 2005.

1. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

as i said before that it has been tested and the results r 99.99% so try to find another drivers and c i it could work....

2. regor

regor Regular member

hmmmm.... well I guess my v505 and my new v551 fall into that .01%. Pretty odd that both would, and yes I've tried other PC's.

oh well, I guess I'll just use them as a phone :)

thanks anyway. R

3. coconutt

coconutt Member

I've been reading this forum for 2 days and am a newbie to this forum. Finally decided to take the plunge and downloaded all the instructions so I could install the Mobile Phone Tools. Everything went pretty well until I got to "Phone Setup". I open the software, select USB Cable, hit NEXT, plug the data cable into the phone. MPT says the phone is being installed and setup, but then I get the message "will not function correctly without a mobile device being installed. Do you want to install one now?" and it goes back to the beginning of the Phone Setup Wizard. Yes, I disabled my anti-virus and firewall first. My phone that pops up shows Initializing, but doesn't go any further. I can click on MENU but some things are grayed out (phonebook, calendar, multimedia studio). I downloaded the drivers from a file I found here but, excuse my ignorance, I don't know how to install them. Is that the problem .. or... something else? I have MPT version 3.20.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?
    Thanks much!

Coconutt

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  4. coconutt

coconutt Member

AHA. I fixed it!! I needed to change the phone model in the MPT setup. I did that by doing this:

Opened MPT
    Menu>Setup>General Setup
    then clicked on Communication
    made sure Motorola USB Modem was selected
    *had to change PHONE to Motorola V551

Once I did that, my phone connected with MPT, it's no longer "initializing", it shows my Wireless company on the screen, and the icons are no longer grayed out. I think I'm ready to try uploading an MP3. WOO-HOO!!!

5. regor

regor Regular member

what version MPT? Where did you get?

gratci

6. coconutt

coconutt Member

Like I said, I've been reading the information given in this forum for 2 days before I ventured to try it. There's a lot of excellent info here and if you take the time to read it, you should have little to no trouble. I couldn't have done it had it not been for the fact that there are people willing to share what they know with those of us who know nothing. :)

I have MPT 3.20 and the software works great! I just now created and uploaded my 1st MP3 ringtone to my cellphone and it was a breeze. Once I order a data cable for my daughter's cell phone so I can do the same on hers, I'll be in business.

7. bubsy

bubsy Regular member

hey i have a v551, the driver in the link doesnt work on this phone. Is there anything newer than that? i really need a driver for the phone.

8. termeric

termeric Member

why doesnt the v180 come up in the drivers list? what should i use in its place?

9. regor

regor Regular member

well, mossyy says they've all been tested and they are 99.9% going to work. And if mossyy says it works then it works, dadgammit!

excepting yours and mine. Our v505's and v551's fall into the .01% that doesn't. Go figure.

10. regor

regor Regular member

well, mossyy says they've all been tested and they are 99.9% going to work. And if mossyy says it works then it works, dadgammit!

excepting yours and mine. Our v505's and v551's fall into the .01% that doesn't. Go figure.

11. flow20

flow20 Member

Having trouble with the link at the to of this post. Im looking for usb drivers for v551 win xp. Can anybody point me in the right directions as to where I might find this. All my searching is coming up empty.

12. hammerhed

hammerhed Member

Hi !! I have bought a v3 Razr. What is the software I will need to transfer data using usb cable? Also, can the regular camera USB cable be used to transfer data.

I am loving the phone.
    Cheers !!!

13. parksy

parksy Member

I tried the link and it says it cannot find the server....

14. Rossempv

Rossempv Member

That's also what i get :(

15. dav4341

dav4341 Member

Hi everyone pls hlp. I cannot get my V180 to communicate with my pc. I am running win Me. I installed phonetools and its wont intialize. I had to turn off my modem. It would not stay connected pls help wife going to shoot me if i dont get off Pc soon. Lol

16. bigollie

bigollie Guest

It seems that i cannot find any of the driver links either

17. dav4341

dav4341 Member

Is there anyone who can help?

18. bigollie

bigollie Guest

i think no one cares about us.

19. ewokjedi

ewokjedi Guest

20. debmul

debmul Member

I've gone to the website listed but get a blank page. I need a usb driver for the motorola v220. Please help.

Thanks
    debmuljackson