1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

emulation help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by shady78, May 18, 2005.

1. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I would have to say that the only way you are going to be able to play any kind of pc game on your xbox is if you have linux rnning and emulate it or if you have win98 running (through linux) and use that to run your game. I will say this though,don't expect the game to run very smoothly...and if the game isn't able to run well on a 233 or less you might have problems. (stuttering...etc)

2. Felle86

Felle86 Member

Thank you for the help, it is working now.

3. Cris1

Cris1 Guest

what´s the meaning of bios/HLE if someone can tellme

4. niner08

niner08 Member

Hey Guys, need some little help here. I have previously downloaded a surreal 64 but apparently it was a emulator. If one of you guys can email me the file (surreal64) that you use on your xbox for the Nintendo 64 emulator or give me a link to a site where i can download a good copy of it. And if you could give me a quick description of what to do to install in my xbox. I know that this is a lot to ask, but i know that you guys know the answer to these questions. Thanks in advance, hope to hear from one of you.

5. Lewda99

Lewda99 Member

Hey Guys I know this thread is kinda old but im having trouble with PCSXBOX.
    I have the .bin file in bios folder but i still cant seem to get rom to work.

Rom was downloaded as a .cue, .sub, .cce and an image which i used quixx to make an xbox image.

Its now in the right folder and when I select a game it freezes on the loading screen, my question was is my rom bad or did I do something wrong?

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

THRILL KILL on the XBOX...

After reviewing the compatibility list, I found that Thrill Kill is listed as being compatible with BIOS/HLE...WHAT IS THAT??

I have PSCXbox and the SCPH1001.bin BIOS installed and this I can't get this game to work. Lookin for some love here...I went through a lot to get this game to not be able to play it.

Thanks in advance for your help...

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Wait, why are you using Qwix to make an Xbox image of a playstation game?

Just take a ps1 game, DL it to your computer using any ISO creating program (besides Xbox programs like Qwix, Craxtion, and the likes, which I don't even think they would work anyways) and place the image file in the correct folder. It should work now...

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

PimpDawg,

I never said I used Qwix to make the image (you weren't referring to me were you?). Well, I've used MagicIso, Alcohol 120, & CDR-WIN to make .iso images but none have worked. I've read this forum and many others inside out but the methods just aren't working for me. Could you please PM me and get me on the right track, step by step???

9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

haha, no I was talking to Lewda99...

uniique1, are you able to get any games working at all on the emu?

10. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

LOL! It's the first one I've tried for the PSCXbox.

11. blackcary

blackcary Member

hi
    i want to no how i can put my pcsx2 into my xbox and why i cant change nothing into my controller configure when i play when is run pc

12. ibble

ibble Member

i have just modded my xbox yesterday and everything works except for Surreal 64. i have put majora's mask and super mario 64 on there in the n64 folder on E:/ and in the roms folder on E:/ but i cant get surreal to find them can somebody please help me !!!

13. ffroger

ffroger Guest

Ok ok ok ok I got the emulatior/games on my psp but when I select the games they wont work it says the game could not be started. (80020148) and I have no Idea what to do I have ben working on it for like 4 hours and it wont work can some one help!!!

14. ffroger

ffroger Guest

Ok ok ok ok I got the emulatior/games on my psp but when I select the games they wont work it says the game could not be started. (80020148) and I have no Idea what to do I have ben working on it for like 4 hours and it wont work can some one help!!!

15. ffroger

ffroger Guest

Ok ok ok ok I got the emulatior/games on my psp but when I select the games they wont work it says the game could not be started. (80020148) and I have no Idea what to do I have ben working on it for like 4 hours and it wont work can some one help!!! Email me at alexfitzer@yahoo.com

16. Jibak

Jibak Guest

I have PSCXBOX, I use CDRWIN 4.0 to extract the .BIN file from the cd, I already have the SCPH1001 bios in the xbox, and I place the game.bin and game.cue into the correct file.

But everytime I try to play, it freezes at the load screen. I have tried only two games so far (FF9 and Tekken 3).

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2005
  17. Jibak

Jibak Guest

Just a quick add top my other post, I recently just read that if the game is NTSC or PAL, may be a factor for if the game works or not. Anyone know if this is true?

Is it worth trying getting a patch for my games to see if that works?

18. janrocks

janrocks Guest

It needs to be a CCD image, try extracting it with alcohol120 and then ftp-ing the ccd file....a lot of games don't work..skullmonkeys is the easiest to set up.... www.emuunlim.com (strange thing is this makes my ps2 find them as well)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2005
  19. shud

shud Member

Yo, can anyone tell me if Valkyrie Profile is compatible? It's freezing right after the intro screens.

20. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Haven't seen it on any "not" lists but maybe no-one else has tried it, havent seen it on any "OK" lists either..