1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2ONE Guide with SmartRipper and Nero

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by loaded, Feb 8, 2003.

1. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Well, since this miniguide was written, there have been some significant developments in the area of single disc solutions from DVD2ONE and another party DVD95COPY. Basically, all those who were disappointed that DVD2ONE did not allow extras and menus, etc can now be satisfied that DVD2ONE compresses the entire disc equally and processes it very quickly to leave you with a 4.36 GB DVD-R. This is great for episodal DVDs, by the way, as you can get every chapter/episode on the DVD-R.

DVD2ONE is still the quickest single disc solution that I have come across.

Paul.

PS : For more details on the comparison between DVD95COPY and DVD2ONE, see the thread in the DVD-R for advanced users forum:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/28438

Last edited: Mar 24, 2003
  2. obiandy

obiandy Member

Just a quick question, can record now DX be used to burn files from DVD2one program or is Nero the only choice here

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

As far as my understanding goes you can use either.
    I use Nero personally but a lot of people rave on about RecordNow (and how it has better compatibilty after burning in a set top player)

As I've heard on some silly UK TV show...

[bold]The choice is yours !![/bold]

4. T-bone

T-bone Member

I have used both Nero and RecordNow, the problem I had was after burning with Nero it wouldn't play back in my Sony DVD player, however when I burned it with RecordNow it plays back perfectly, I use the decryter and DVD2one and have had success each time.
    One problem I have experienced though is for some reason RecordNow does not like to have Roxio Easy Creator 6 also installed on the hard drive at the same time, it always hangs when it gets to 98% when verifing the disc?
    Does anyone else have this problem?

5. herbsman

Last edited: Apr 23, 2003
  6. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

It is important not to use the Nero Wizard. It produces mixed results.

Paul.

7. ZLevee

ZLevee Member

Does anyone know how to prevent hangups on main menu screens? I've got a movie where the main menu music plays with a black screen for a minute before the menu appears, although you can make selections while the screen is still black. I'm using dvd decrypter 3.1.5.0, DVD2One 1.1.3, and Nero 5.5.10.20.

8. herbsman

I've not had that problem as of yet.

Smartripper 2.41 (sometimes Decrypter3.1.5)
    DVD2One v1.1.1
    Nero 5.5.9.9

Have you had it happen to at least 2 different DVD back ups...as it might just be a big music file for THAT particular DVD ?

9. ZLevee

ZLevee Member

Well, actually so far out of 10 films I used DVD2One for, only "Bring It On" (gotta love cheerleaders even if the film is stupid)had that problem - but I'd like to figure out how to avoid the problem in case it arises again.

10. herbsman

I guessed it'd be only THAT particular DVD cos it'll be the size of music file which loops that is giving you your hang time.
    One possible solution is to cut out Menu/Extras with DVD2One.
    Seeing as your doing a movie I dont know why you've got menu there anyway personally.

11. devil60

devil60 Guest

as for the DVD Shrink-DVD Decrypter and Nero StartSmart thy are a big joke Have them and OUT THEY GO to the Junk yard

12. the1show

the1show Member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
  13. herbsman

the 1stshow , why dont you have a proper read about before posting
    You have just answered to a thread that is over a year old !!!
    Of course we know (or use) DVD Shrink...

14. the1show

the1show Member

well excuse me, I am new to this forum.
    By the way it's the1show not 1stshow

So why is such an old posting still there, old news should be discarded so dummies like me can't respond to them

15. devil60

devil60 Guest

the1show
    Just take your time and read over a lot of the posts, and by the way just take your time you will get there. H--L look at me I stared out back in 1950 with a broom and over time I was a part time DJ and put in 16 years in the Marines I can do a lot with 16, 32 and 64 RPM Records at a Dance with Musicand other items Rock and roll Entertainment I now re do a lot of VHS types in the Marines corps I made a $$$ or two seting up a type player so other Marines cound send a type home to ther grilfrind or mother You are not a dummie

16. herbsman

There are implementations to do exactly that !!

Plus there is nothing wrong with:

DVD Decrypter ( or Smartripper )
    DVD2One
    Nero

!:)

17. ZLevee

ZLevee Member

personally I'll keep my DVD2ONE over DVDShrink any day -- it's much faster. Also if you've kept up with the recent versions you can now join a movie (ex - "Gangs of NY", "LOTR") that was originally split across 2 discs.

18. devil60

devil60 Guest

You know I did't like mine to start with as I con't get it to work right and I did get a little mad at it I get some info from one if the Moderators and from my son-inlaw re did the properties on my PC and now I use a lot for the 7.42 GB up movers like the Futurama, Family Guy, The Simpsons and a lot more it bets the hell out of 321

19. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

ZLevee wrote:

Just for the fun of it, using DVDShrink, I pulled 66 (sixty-six) movie trailers off 5 (five) different promotional DVDs, and put 'em ALL on a single blank, and I almost did it with my eyes closed.

Similarly, again using just DVDShrink, I put the three "Back To The Future" movies on a single disc as well. (Quality wasn't the best though). The three movies (on the same disc) played back perfectly, however.

20. herbsman

DVD2One does still have better video qualty than DVD Shrink after compression though...