1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hardcode .sub/ .srt into AVI/Mpeg

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by smil27, Jan 6, 2006.

1. novae

novae Member

So I'm all the way to demuxing in DVD-lab, and when it's finished, it tells me the audio file is at 44.1 kHz, when it should be at 48. When it offers to transcode, I accept, but the resulting file takes half a second to complete, and has no audio on it.

Does anyone know what's going on?!

2. smil27

smil27 Member

44 khz will work fine for the audio, if you want to transcode it though close DVDLab and opena new session and try it again. If not, try changing it in another audio converter program.

3. artyeo

artyeo Member

1. Used VobSub --> Subresync to save the .sub to .srt
    2. Converted the AVI to Mpeg2 with WinAvi 6.3
    3. Opened the Mpeg2 in DVDLab pro and it had to be demuxed into the video and audio streams.
    HERE WHAT I GOT
    [imghttp://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/artyeo/detail?.dir=/e8c3&.dnm=d757.jpg&.src=ph[/img]
    WHT SHALL I DO

4. smil27

smil27 Member

Everything looks fine, just close it out or hit OK and then carry on with the next steps which are above.

5. IZR

IZR Member

i have the dvdlab Pro,i got .srt subtitles but my movie is mp4..and i can't match it with the subtitles..
    could you please help me

.,the dvdlab Pro is in... downloads.com ..and serial?..use the craagle..

6. berrynia

berrynia Member

Hey just wanted to say thanks for your detailed guide on adding subs. Has worked wonderfully for me everytime... til now.
    Recently I tried using dvdlab pro for a movie and when it demuxes, the audio is like double the play time that the movie is. At first I thought it wouldn't be a big problem, but i burnt it and everything works fine cept the audio plays like it's on super slow mode.
    Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I've tried reconverting numerous times thinking that the conversion went wonky but nothing seems to work.. any help would be muchly appreciated.

~berry

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  7. smil27

smil27 Member

sounds like a problem with the actual .srt file, check it out after it generates it into the .sp1 file. if its alright then, it must be a problem when it compiles it together with the dvd files. maybe a new sub title file altogether may help.

steve

8. hammerdfu

hammerdfu Member

Now i stumbled across this method by accident and its simple ...1 programme required ... Winavi...
    1..Make sure that the subs and avi file are in the same folder
    2.. Open up Winavi..hit the large Dvd button locate your Avi file then then follow the prompts ..30 minutes later u have a playable Dvd with hardcoded subs

If you then want it back to Avi format ..you can choose from the many ripping programmes out there ...
    It also works on those 2 cd Avi files ..locate Cd1 click on it ..now whilst holding the up arrow above right control ..click on Cd2 ...it may try to include the sub file in the dropdown bar ..if so just move your cursor there and remove it ..and what do you know ..about 1 hour later you have a joined up playable Dvd with hardcoded subs
    Saves alot of time and messing around with 3 and 4 programmes

9. cbrooks

cbrooks Regular member

I've been searching for quite some time, to find the best/easiest way for me to do this. And thank god I came across this thread. As I've tried numerous programms to do just this.

When all the time I had winavi installed and have used it forever, but had never tried any subtitle work with it. And what do u know, it works fantastic!. I did exactly as [bold]hammerdfu[/bold] said (except i just used the batch function for 2 avi files). DirectVobSub even pops up in the task bar and works in the background!.

I just wanted to post to say thanks for this tip....afterdawn FTW!!!

10. hammerdfu

hammerdfu Member

Ooops yes ..thanks to the last poster for reminding me ..its actually 2 progs .. make sure that you have direct vobsub installed as well ..winavi automatically detects it

11. oroberts2

oroberts2 Member

Just a quick note to say thank you SO much to hammerdfu. I've been trying for ages to find a quick and easy way of doing this and was beginning to think that it wasn't possible. I've just tried it for the first time and it works a treat and only takes about 15 minutes for a 700M AVI file.

Thanks agian,

Owen.

12. hammerdfu

hammerdfu Member

Your welcome ..as i said i was tinkering around 1 day out of boredom and was using vlc player to preview a movie that i was encoding with Winavi ..when i noticed in the preview screen that it was hardcoding the subs as well ...Direct vobsub and Winavi are all that is required..just make sure the movie and sub file are in the same folder when encoding .. easy peasy

13. oroberts2

oroberts2 Member

Did you know that you can also use it to create an AVI file? Again, you need vobsub installed - just choose the AVI option rather than DVD and Winavi does the rest. I can't believe it's so simple!!

14. paper_boy

paper_boy Member

thnkx so much....i hve been tryn to encode subs for city of god...or cidade de deus(excellent film by the way)... for the longest time. i installed vobsub, already had winavi, made sure the movie and sub file were in same folder,and voila came out perfect.....only thing is you might hve to adjust the position of the subtitles on the screen....really easy to do.....just click on the green arrow in the system tray...this will bring up the vobsub screen...then u will see numbers like (h 50 v 90)
    h moves them from left to right...v moves them up or down...i hve these settings h 50 v 95....depending on the size and width of your movie you might hve diff settings ...what ever works for you...just wanted to say thnkx i appreciate it so much.

15. hammerdfu

hammerdfu Member

Funny you should say that ..that is the first film i ever hard-coded subs to ..great movie