1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About "green links"

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Same here. If I ever win the euromillions, I'll pump one of those 'decent, six figure sums' into the Afterdawn kitty :)

...well, we are all allowed to dream :)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Then you could be a mod.

3. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Really? I thought it was Admin. :) Just kidding.

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I think you'd have your choice...

LMFAO

5. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

you can be anything you ever wanted....*thinks back to Diet Pepsi commerical*...dunno if anyones seen it :S....and i think that the button to insert [​IMG]

6. lbethea

lbethea Member

Q: What's APS and how DVD copy protection - macrovision works?

A: APS is an abbreviation of "Analog Protection System". APS is to control analog copying from digital transmission or digital copies of linear motion pictures. Macrovision has developed the APS technology designed to distort the unauthorized VCR copying made from DVD programs. When the DVD disc is played back, the encoded trigger bit in a disc activates a macrovision-enabled digital analog chip inside SiS6326DVD and then applies copy protection to the analog output of the DVD player. As a result, a recording made by such an analog video cassette recorder from an input signal which includes macrovision-enabled APS signals, will display an image that appears severely dim or distorted.

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@lbethea - erm, do you mind, what relevance does that have to 'green links' ?

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

its one of the better off topic replies we have seen.It actually made some sort of sense

9. jb177

jb177 Member

hey you guys we should all log out and start clicking green links four a few hours and make ad a bit of money

10. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Can't. I'm not a fan of this fake links. My company started to filter them and other ad sites by using an ad-blocking HOSTS file. Eventually we started doing this filtering via our DNS servers. We had a problem when these Intellitxt/Vibrantmedia links first started showing up on some tech and news websites. I like that they don't affect logged-in users but, frankly, I'd rather deal with pop-ups than fake links. I don't mind the ad-posts or the ad bars at the side of the screen or bottom of the page and such.

11. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

I have been on other sites that have these. Don't be concerned about them. *IF* you click the link it will result in some $$$ revenue for this site. Consider it as good as Paypal; [bold]for a few seconds of your time[/bold] every week you can help support AD.

A few months ago I sent an email to one of the sites that uses these (there are different companies that use this concept). They sent back a very polite email telling me how their system works. I trust them & you should not be worried. They will not use any personal information/cookies or otherwise to bother you. However, if you buy something it will make $$$ for AD. That is a nice way to help out a site that HELPS YOU.

Just my .02

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2006
  12. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

Their not really fake links and they are a different colour so its hard to accidentaly click on them.

13. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

some ppl like to b*tch & moan about the smallest things.

14. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

I click on ad links all the time. I don't care; my browser clears it's cookies and caches on exit anyway. Occasionally I do even buy something. But if I weren't a member of AD and I saw those the Intellitxt links, I'd run from the site. Sure, those links are impossible to mistake for legitimate links, just like fake adware pop-ups are easy to tell from real ads, right?

15. peter1990

peter1990 Guest

check out www.igotbanned-askmehow.com,its a great site for all ur needs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2006
  16. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Abuse complaints sent to abuse@savvis.net and abuse@layeredtech.com for all your spams on this and other threads.