1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

LOCOENG, i'll raise your $20 to $30

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

I hear you there, gwendolin. Having to amend a messy answer plus respond to the origional query just doubles the work load..

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I don't have a bitch on what's going on. I don't stop in here long enough to have one. I still post a few, now and then, to try and help out some folks.

Day 73 without a puff of smoke going into my lungs, and if anything, I feel worse than I did before I quit. I guess that that would be my bitch of the day. :)

4. Lethal_B

GrandpaBW - You keep at it, bud. Those cravings will wear off soon enough - you'll see ;-)

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

ddp--I'll raise you to $35...

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Thanks, Lethal, but I am not having cravings. I just feel like crap. lol I am ready for Summer.

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@GrandpaBW

Great going on not smoking I am sure those two cutie gdaughters are proud of you

@LOCOENG

I will raise that bid on the puter to 40.00 bucks and throw in two mice.

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

How about i give you this for your The PC you found..Ireland

ASUS EAX1600PRO/TD/512MB Radeon X1600PRO 512MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card
    Linksys WMP54G Wireless 802.11G PCI NIC
    Logitech Z2300 Spk/2.1 200W RMS 400W 8in Subwoofer
    K-Byte 1024MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz
    Liteon 52X Black Internal CDRW Drive
    Seagate 250GB EIDE HD 7200/8MB/ATA-100
    Intel P4 640 3.20gGHz HT 2M 800FSB Socket 775
    Xion 2 Black Gaming Case w/ 450W PSU
    Logitech Cordless Desktop EX110
    Asus P5LD2 Deluxe Socket 775 Motherboard
    LiteOn 16xDVD Burner w/blk/white Bezels
    DCL 9A+ 19in 1280x1024 Blk 8ms LCD MOnitor

I think it is a fair deal...I like computers people throw out..
    I'll even throw in a car

This is mine :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2006
  9. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

ty, Arniebear. Those little girls are happy with their Grandpa. They just don't get up here enough. They live 100 miles from here.

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i never smoked i cig. in my life but iam sure its really hard to quit grandpa ,but keep at it ,its the right thing to do get out and walk alot and eat right and you will be a new man brother

11. Lethal_B

The p2p "invites" saga is a complete mess. The mods & ketola are obviously doing their best to keep things tidy, but yet they still have to edit every other post because none of them can be bothered to read the thread titles.

- Don't really see why a tech discussion forum should have to police these idiots..

Also, these threads defeat the whole object of "private" torrenting - too much info is shared in there, and invites are tossed around like confetti..

Another bitch.. Getting cold sweats, sore throat, runny nose etc. Time for my seasonly bout of common cold/flu, methinks :-(

12. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@lethalB, I agree with you, for a laugh I visited that particular thread and at my count there had been 3 banned, should be MORE

13. brobear

brobear Guest

I'll have to agree with Ireland, too many nonsense posts and members gaining senior status without ever helping anyone or knowing what they're talking about. Much of AD has become little chat sections without thought to the forum topics. I know things can't be easily changed back to the way they were, but there should be an attempt to correct the situation.

14. ireland

ireland Active member

drd does not want to add a new title so here is a way to bring respect back to AfterDawn Addicts..

there is a easy way in which this can be done.....
    all AfterDawn Addicts can be set back by drd to Senior members..
    then drd and the mods can then pick those Senior members that
    are doing a greatjob..and advance them to AfterDawn Addict.

if this does not sound right,i can not keep me eyes open...
    i hope ye get the idea..

15. brobear

brobear Guest

As I mentioned before, with the current state of affairs, they can move my rank back to newbie. With titles being meaningless, one is as good as another. Your suggestion of having all Addicts moved back to Senior and having the Addict category reserved for members showing meritorious service is the best idea I've heard since the post count deal came about.

16. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Yes i agree that should be goood...But haven't all the addicts on this site proved they are doing a good job and are dedicated to the forums?
    More than other members atleast

17. brobear

brobear Guest

tocool4u
    No they haven't. There's a number who have progressed up through the ranks with nothing more than an empty post count. As I said before, there are newbies making more sense than some of the Addicts we now have.

18. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Oh really..How many addicts are their...The ones i notice help..Like Lethal B and Jerry and you..Maybe i havn't been on long enough to notice

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2006
  19. brobear

brobear Guest

Guess not, I've had some disagreements over some petty things. But over all, I've noted a number of occasions where Addicts and Seniors were the source of some serious disinformation.

20. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

I don't care what your rating is not everyone is going to always be 100% correct in the info they give.. it all depends on the factors of the situation and the solution could be a # of things.. So if someone gives info and it's wrong doesn't make it really bad info when there is a chance it could've been the right answer...

ex. if someone is having problem burning dvd and they are using Memorex Dvds and someone says well Memorex sucks don't use them and then someone else says well is your firmware up to date? who is right?

Both Technically but some will jump back and say well Memorex don't give me a problem so it can't be that..

No advice is bad advice unless you're being really stupid with it....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.