1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. jasonyhap

jasonyhap Member

Recently saw Mission Impossible 3. It had alot of action in it but the story was abit shallow. Softer Cruise, but loved the Actress Michelle Monaghan. I also saw Grandma's boy and The Ringer, there both worth a look.

2. pyffy

pyffy Regular member

Was going to answer this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/362832
    but it's now closed so I'm posting here...

Pirates 2

[bold] WOW!!!!! [/bold]

I'm not going to give you the review, but heck if you haven't seen this one yet or are not planning to, then you must be dead already. As sequals go....this is [bold]BRILLIANT!!![/bold]

Take out your brain,Buy the biggest bucket of popcorn/coke and sit back for 2 1/2 hours of fantastic entertainment...then go home and wait for Pirates 3 !!!

3. Stitch221

Stitch221 Regular member

This movie is very old but i recently seen "hostage". The movie was great. 4.5 stars

4. Jallan

Jallan Regular member

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

stickied to save people from starting new movie threads, or hunting to find this one.

6. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

thanks darth, my thread had been buried like 5 pages back ;)

7. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I think matrix was a pretty cool movie. Ofcourse i didn't get it for the first time but it was still good. Then i understand it the 2nd time. The best sequel movie is STAR WARS. I like the new ones better which is 1,2,3 But the old ones are still good. I was pretty shocked to see the 3rd one. How ani fights his master and try to kill his wife and yeah. IT was all goood.

8. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Anyone watched super returns? Is it good? is it worth $7 buck? or should i wait and rent it for a $1?

9. andersg

andersg Regular member

Jeeze jallan,
    I don't know what type of movie you tend to watch. :\

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  10. Niobis

Niobis Active member

I feel I must correct myself. I posted eailer today here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/370251 saying that at the end of The Butterfly Effect that he gets the girl because they look each other in the eyes. That is incorrect! I said he gets the girl because more than likely he does. Just the way they propose the ending it seems like he does. But, they do not look each other in the eyes! The merley look back at each other without the other looking.

I realized this 8 hours after I had posted that. Since the thread I posted in is now closed I felt I had to correct myself by posting it here.

Happy watching!

11. andersg

andersg Regular member

In my opinion I think Superman Returns is definitely a movie you should wait for it to come out to rent for $1. I personally found the movie pretty boring and it was super long too. By the end I couldnt wait for it to get over just so I could walk around again.

12. pyffy

pyffy Regular member

I.M.H.O.
    Superman Returns stays true to its predecessors. It was atmospheric and thrilling. Brandon Routh does the man of steel proud and you can taste the electricity between Superman and Lois. Kevin Spacey's Lex is so evil it sends shivers down your spine. Go and see this Film at the cinema where you can enjoy the films stunning visual and audio effects to the full. $7 is a steal, in the uk we pay upwards of £6 a show, which is about $11 at the current exchange and worth every damn cent. If you grew up with Superman you will not be dissapointed as this film delivers.

13. LexZ

LexZ Guest

i am a fan of weird action movies i like quentin terrintino films ALOT and i suggest to anyone that likes quentin tarrentino watch takashi miike films he is quentin terrintino times 10 ichi the killer is AWESOME i also like other bizarre asian horror films please name some good 1s

14. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

15. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

The Libertine was terrible, even Johnny Depp in all of his brilliance couldn't pull this one out of the gutter.

16. andersg

andersg Regular member

I just got back from the special early screening of Snakes on a Plane. It was pretty good but had some unrealistic parts though but still it was enjoyable. Anybody else get lucky enough to go the the screening at 10 o'clock today like I did?

17. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

no but you bet i'll be there tomorrow! i've been waiting on that movie for almost a year now, and i dont care if it completely sucks, it's still awesome just because of the title! wooooo S.O.A.P.
    it will be the first trip to a theater since the first austin powers for me.

18. andersg

andersg Regular member

The first Austin Powers huh? That was years ago. Don't worry about it being no good. The whole reason I wanted to see it was because of the title and Samuel L Jackson and it turned out to be really good.

19. LexZ

LexZ Guest

yeah it looks like classic samuel l. jackson like the charector he played in pulp fiction i hear it is like a classic horror film

20. Emzaid

Emzaid Guest

I recently got scary movie 4 unrated and was hoping king kong would be on this one and nope couldent find him not even on the commentary the deleted scenes or the special features the movie did not even point to king kong ever being in the movie except for the cover, this is very disapointing what do u guys think or am i wrong