1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games with real gamepad support.

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by tycobb, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AE27

AE27 Regular member

Silent Hill 2, 3, and The Room

2. s3a

s3a Guest

These links helped me alot in understanding the Xbox 360 Controller for PC:

1. http://reviews.cnet.com/Microsoft_X...ID=7&messageID=1983041&cval=1983041&tag=uolst

2. http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/549915.html

P.S.
    Do not buy the 360 controller for PC!!!!! It is the same as the wired 360 controller that is for...well...the 360...except that it is more expensive and it does not include the driver (which can easily be downloaded for free and legaly on Microsoft's website)!

P.S. #2
    I just need to ask...why do the boxes for 360 controllers (not pc version) not say download the driver from [the link] anymore? They still are the same, right? I ask because the links Ihave read might be old, etc.

Hope I helped!..and I hope someone can also help me by answering my P.S. #2!

Thanks, in advance...

3. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Ok guys I added a new section for horror games and added the silent hill series.I also was looking around and saw that "cars" supports gamepads so I added that as well.

@s3a the driver is still available from microsoft.It's just a driver and emulation software nothing special since all gamepads have this.That maybe the reason for taking it off the box because if it's usb and can be used on the pc then it must have a driver.

I'm willing to bet that you don't have to download the driver anymore.Windows update will automatically install the driver and vista will come pre installed with the driver.Even my logitech dual action required no downloading &no disc's.It was "plug and play".Most gamepads have that along with an emulation software disc.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  4. s3a

s3a Guest

Quote:"@s3a the driver is still available from microsoft.It's just a driver and emulation software nothing special since all gamepads have this.That maybe the reason for taking it off the box because if it's usb and can be used on the pc then it must have a driver."
    _____
    What do you mean? Are you telling me the 360 controller for the 360 will not perform equally well as the one for pc? The 360 controller does have better compatibility with pc games than other gamepads from logitech, etc, right?

P.S.
    Can someone help me find (in canada) a steering wheel with 3 pedals, realisticly turning wheel, and a 6 gear changer that is realistic (not just up and down) like the Gran Turismo 4 steering wheel by logitech for PS2, except much cheaper and for PC?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2006
  5. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

I mean the developers have to program it into the pc game in order for it to be gamepad compatible.With 360 they have to program it in because that's the way they are controlled on the 360.With pc games they design them to work with keyboard and mouse NOT a gamepad but some select games have gamepad support namely the ones in this list.

No not really I have found logitech to be the most compatible with games.It's up to the developers which pads they support.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  6. s3a

s3a Guest

Thanks, tycobb for clearing that up.

7. Gravyboy

Gravyboy Guest

I use Pinnacle Game Profiler to play Hitman with my 360 gamepad, it works pretty good. :) I use it with some of my other games too that don't have gamepad support of their own. Check it out - http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

8. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

That's just more emulation software(as explained).It next to native gamepad support would get smoked.Not to mention most gamepads come with emulation software free and pinnacle profiler software is $20.I don't recommend any emulation software.But for games that don't have gameoad support it's the only option so go for it.I have to do the same thing for non supported games.

9. Kazangwa

Kazangwa Regular member

star wars battlefront 2 has gamepad support

10. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Thanks I did some research and apparently part 1 does too!.I will have to pick this one up afterall.Games added.

11. Sheld

Sheld Guest

Ive got a Logitech Dual Action gamepad! and for sum reason it wont be recognised by my Extra mame application! has any one got a step by step explanation to help me out please!

12. AE27

AE27 Regular member

Lego Star Wars 1 & 2

13. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

@Sheld That's a great pad to have.The nature of emulators is so variable.There are literally thousands of mame like emulators out there.Some support gamepads while some don't but more frustrating is the fact that they all support certain gamepads while others aren't supported(similar to commercial games now).This makes it hard to know if your particular gamepad is supported.I'm not sure about your specific emu but it may not support gamepads at all or you may have to tinker with the control settings.

@AE27 thank you, games added. **edit** hmm on second thought...I went to add the games but should they be action games or rpg's? I'll leave it up to you to decide.Gamespot and some others have it an action game but I think it's more of an rpg.I'll put it in action for the moment.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  14. Sheld

Sheld Guest

some one told me tht i'd have to go on input game devices and change it there but im not sure how?

15. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

16. Sheld

Sheld Guest

wht is the actual comand prompts though?

17. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

First off the third link is only if you did the second link and it did not work.

Ok now that's out of the way, you can go into the mame.ini file which is the easiest way.Now I don't have this but it should be located in the extra mame directory folder To find it:click start>my computer>c drive letter>program files>then find the mame folder it should be in there.

If not it's prolly in the my documents folder.

edit the reason I say to do the ini file is because once you save it it's permanent and you won't have to mess with it every time you want to play.Don't forget to save! Just do save NOT "save as".

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  18. Sheld

Sheld Guest

THX DUDE!

19. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

No problem, come back if you need any help :)

I should have said the ini file isn't always called ini it can be called settings,configuration etc but it looks like you fixed it anyways.Happy gaming

20. klinger

klinger Regular member

@tycobb,I'm a little new at this, does the game say anywhere on the package that you can use a gamepad or a joystick before you buy?? thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.