1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP To Your Xbox Using Windows Explorer/Internet Explorer/FireFox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Mik3h, Oct 6, 2006.

1. cubix

cubix Member

Cheers Mike, had already tried that and nothing happened. Tried it again today and hey presto, I might be in the market for a new lazer
    as not all games boot first time. On another note any idea what your box's temp is as my is coming up anywhere from 65-95c and that is when idile

Cheers Cubix

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

If you have XBMC (Xbox Media Centre) then you can override your Xbox's fan speed to cool it down. If you don't know/have XBMC, let me know and I'll walk you through getting it on your XB.

Mike

3. Sykotik81

Sykotik81 Guest

yo mik3h i think i've played with you on Need For Speed Most Wanted my GT is: Shadow Net81...but yeah how do you get Media Center on the Xbox?

4. pedephil

pedephil Member

How do you get passed the FW of your xbox? I cannot ping/connect to mine in anyway. The box is on and I am looking at it's IP address right now. When I go to connect it tells me that I do not have access to view the files.
    Can anyone help me?

5. cubix

cubix Member

Cheers Mike, Sorted

6. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Glad to hear it :)

And Sykotik, if you have MSN PM me with your addy, otherwise give me your email and I'll send you it.

And pedephil I don't think your network is set up correctly. Make sure your settings are set to automatic (DHCP) on both your MS dash, Modded dash and PC otherwise enter the details manually.

-Mike

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  7. pedephil

pedephil Member

Well, I do not have a modded xbox. Is there anyway to duplicate the game without having a chipped box?
    I know MS has programmed a basic FW to protect the user while on live, but there has to be a simple way around it.
    Is there anyway I can mod a box myself?

8. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

9. Captn01

Captn01 Member

Arghness, I went through heaven and hell getting my modded xbox up and running again, and now I cant connect to it. Ive tried using this method and it's not working, it keeps saying that its taking to long to respon.
    Unless someone knows how to get this to connect Ida like to know how to connect through an ftp program I have flash fxp

10. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Well make sure the settings are correct. Either Dynamic (DHCP) automatic, or static (manually enter - IP address, DNS servers etc.) into your modded dashboard and make sure FTP is enabled, you are using a correct cable (crossover cable) and that the network settings on your computer are correct.

-Mike

11. Captn01

Captn01 Member

Thx, I got it workin ^.^

12. cubix

cubix Member

May be a silly question Mik but for the fan speed ajuster in XMBC to work I presume you must be booting your xbox with that dash. I tell you why, I booted into XMBC/ went into settings and set the temp to stay at 55c which I presume speeds up the fan automatically when there is a load, say while playing a game. The thing is I dont use XMBC as my main dash board and usually use Evox to boot my games. So does this mean the temp thing in XMBC will not work, am i making any sense?

Cheers

13. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I think it should still work. You should definetly hear it whirring faster. It you can't then it sounds like your fan may be the problem.
    But when you go on XBMC, and set fan speed, it should stay like that until you turn the console off.

-Mike

14. cubix

cubix Member

Yeah when I set it via XBMC as you say it spins faster but i thought it did something to make it permanent even when I was not running XBMC. But I think you have answered that for me.

Cheers

15. kingboxer

kingboxer Member

hi,
    just a quickie.I have setup with flash fxp.Have used correct cable.made sure everything was ok??.Now im a complete novice so be gentle.Is there settings i need to change in either the box,or my flash settings.don,t seem to get any connection,keeps failing and retry.please any help most appreciated thanks.

16. mduga

mduga Regular member

I am having trouble with FTP speeds. I am using a cable modem, plugged into a hub's uplink. And my computer is plugged into the hub's 1 slot and my xbox is plugged into the hub's 2 slot.

For some reason, I can only send files to my xbox, from my computer, at my broadbands maximum up speed, which is only 40 kb/s.

I am using a wireless link, which can send at max, 1.5mbps. I have seen it around 90 kb/s before, but now it's only going at a max of 40kb/s. I think it has something to do with my internet speed, but why, and can I get it to go any faster?

I tried restarting and none of that worked. My xbox's ip address is: 24.166.144.250. That seem right? I guess I am stuck at these slow speeds until I figure out whats wrong. Hopefully someone can help. I use XBMC 2.0 and uleashx as my dash. Thanks for the help.

-Duga

17. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

For connection settings, look here -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/228294

@mduga, I can't be sure of what to say, but I know that it shouldn't have much to do with your internet speed. My internet speed is 4.5mbps, and I get 450kb/s on downloads, yet I have around 5-9mbps upload with my FTP connection. What kind of ethernet card are you using and what kind of cable? It could be the hub is limiting your speed.

-Mike

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  18. JParkes

JParkes Regular member

WOW!! Thats amazing MikH. Faster browzing my xbox than FlashFXP, allows me to rename/delete files and FlashFXP didnt allow me to do that. Pure genious.
    Personal thanks,
    Jparkes

19. JParkes

JParkes Regular member

I cant send files to my XBOX now, it comes up with this. how do i fix this?
    [​IMG]

20. sn1per117

sn1per117 Guest

I can get a connection but my xbox ip keeps changing even when its on dhcp.