1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Expert-**no email posting or BANNED**

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by tommycomm, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeXNeT

NeXNeT Guest

Hello Again Guys, I have managed to figure out what I have been doing wrong, basically I didnt check that the EMU key was set to on. All is working now, but I do have another question / request to make..... Does anyone have a bin file of the channels in a sorted order available for download or could one of you guys make me a copy of your channel listings so that I can upload the order onto the starview.

[ for those that dont know how ]
    1 - connect your pc/laptop to your starview
    2 - goto user setup on the starview
    3 - select S/W Transfer
    This will now open a box that apears to be awaiting a connection
    4 - open GTRom Loader v4.oo and select Channel Data File
    5 - Click Upload
    Locate and save your bin file on your hardrive.

Id guess it would be a good idea to do this anyway as it will save you time if you ever need to reset the starview box.

Ill check this post to see if anyone has been kind enough to compile this, but if there isnt any reply by the weekend I will organise my channel files then compile them then post a link to download. If this is against the moderators wishes please let me know, I dont mind even sending it to a mod for proofing / distribution if need be.

2. pepsimax1

pepsimax1 Guest

Hi guys my box is up running, however I have another question, Are you able to pick up box office movies on any channels????As one day they worked and the next where gone. Channel comes up Scrambled or bad channel. Any ideas, If so how. Your help is welcomed and appreciated. Harry

3. crashd

crashd Regular member

I'd like to transfer the bin file from one box to another. How do I set or determine the master slave relationship. I reall don't want to make a mistake as it's my friends box and I don't want to transfer my old non working file into his box.

4. tommycomm

tommycomm Member

nexnet: the channel dumps will only work if the person who gives you the bin file is in the same area as you and same provider, as frequencys are different

pepsi max:
    the ppv & sky box office channels only work when events on ie. boxing wwe etc, it is possible to pick up movies but you'll have to scan for them and just hope someone is rich in your area as if someone has paid for on demand channels then you may detect them.

crash d: If you want to copy the files to another box just connect the boxes with the Null Modem Cable.

On the good box select
    Menu
    User Set up
    SW Transfer

First select Code Hit OK

When completed select

Channel Data Hit OK

New box flashed and channel data including any favorites setting as well, make sure the recieving box (slave) is pointed away from the remote though and in standby.

Tommy

5. reptar

reptar Guest

Does anyone know how to get a Tivo to change channels on a starview box?

6. robbo01

robbo01 Member

Hi everyone.....i'm new to this and my starview channels have gone awol. could someone email me a list of steps to try and get it going again. At least the kids would be quiet!!

7. tuohy

tuohy Member

hi,
    no problem,were do u want them sent to

8. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

PRESS MENU SELECT FACTORY SETTINGS TYPE IN 0000 THEN SET UP YOUR BOX FROM SCRATCH. SELECT ENGLISH YOUR SUPPLIER AUTOMATIC SCAN WHEN ALL THATS DONE GO BACK TOMENU SELECT PARENTAL CONTROL PRESS INFO ON YOUR REMOTE TYPE IN 2004 GO DOWM TO EMU TURN IT ON THEN YOU WILL HAVE EVERYTHING BACK ON.

9. crashd

crashd Regular member

Thanks for the help in the box to box transfer. It didn't work but atleast it confirmed what I suspected. My box just can't be flashed. I thought maybe it was the com ports or something else with the PC. Now I know it's the flash rom or whatever it's called. So those of you who think you are doing everything correct and it just won't flash are probably in the same boat.

10. robbo01

robbo01 Member

could you email to rob@robwalters.co.uk cheers for your help.

11. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

ROB TRY WHAT I HAVE PUT ON THE STE FOR YOU

12. robbo01

robbo01 Member

Gary, i'll try that and get back to you. Cheers.

13. lukyo

lukyo Member

hi there, i had a starview, gave it to a brother, bought a new one, did the set up but i can't access teh secret menu. i;ve tried 1570 after pressing menu. i#ve tried going down to parental control and pressing info then 2 0 0 4 ......anybody know whats wrong? i obviously can't unscramble any of the channels...

14. pepsimax1

pepsimax1 Guest

Thanks for that...I will see if any rich ppl have moved in recently on my street. Shame Vigin have switched off ky News and ky one. Thanks as always. Harry

15. kal44

kal44 Member

Hi guys, yesterday my box went off all day, only channels 1-5 etc were working. The rest of the channels were saying scrambled, so i thought an update or something may be required.

So later, i was just messing around with the box, first of all i went onto the menu and channel edit then tried entering my pin, it wouldn't work, so i entered the default pin, and that worked.

Secondly i went into parental control and pressed 2004 and saw that emu option was disabled, then realised that is why the channels weren't working.

Does anybody know how my pin got changed to defaul pint, and how my emu option got disabled???

16. isobelj

isobelj Member

Hi, my starview box is delivering the audio out of sync with the picture...
    any suggestions...
    many thanks

17. robbo01

robbo01 Member

GARYEDGE YOUR A STAR!!! PEACE AND QUIET HAS BEEN RESUMED IN MY HOUSEHOLD.
    TRY THIS ONE, IF I HAVE A HD TV CAN I GET HD PICTURES FROM THE STARVIEW BOX, NOW OR IN THE FUTURE WITH ANY LEADS THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE.

18. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

ROB CANT HELP YOU ON THAT ONE MATE. THE MAN YOU NEED IS FEKKER HES
    THE ONE I ALWAYS ASK FOR HE KNOWS IS STUFF.

19. Simmi

Simmi Member

hi all, just wondered if anyone knows if it possible to access movies 9 and 10. I am asked to press the red button and enter a pin code. How? the red button does not work.

20. robbo01

robbo01 Member

Cheers Gary, FECKER can you help, i'm sure you are watching!! cheers. Rob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.