1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there a .FLV codec for windows media player????

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by PantherX, Mar 1, 2007.

1. GeoDude

GeoDude Guest

Turn your monitor upside down, or stand on your head... ;-)

I couldn't resist that.... sorry!

2. PurZephyr

PurZephyr Member

Hey guys the only codec pack that i have is CCC (Combined Community Codec) and i just right-click on .flv files and select 'Open With...', Windows Media Player and checked the 'Always Use Selected Program...' button and they work fine after telling WMP to ignore any error messages that popped up about it

CCC is the only codec i use because it doesn't work well with others and i can play everything that i come across so...

This is just so u have another way in case u don't like the ones already suggested

3. ireland

ireland Active member

MediaCoder 0.6.0.38.80
    Author: Yi-Chun Huang
    Date: 2007-09-22
    Size: 16.9 Mb
    License: Freeware (GPL)
    Requires: 98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/2003

MediaCoder is a free universal audio/video batch transcoder, putting together lots of excellent audio/video codecs and tools from the open source community into an all-in-one solution, capable of transcoding among different audio/video formats with many extra features.

Typical applications:
    - Improving compression / reducing file size
    - Converting from lossless/high-bitrate audio to low-bitrate audio to play with portable DAP
    - Converting to device (mobile phone, PDA, MP4 player, PSP, VCD/DVD player)
    - Extracting audio tracks from video clips
    - Ripping CD/VCD/DVD

Supported source formats:
    - Audio: MP3, OGG/Vorbis, AAC, MusePack, WMA, RealAudio, FLAC, WavPack, APE/APL, WAV
    - Video: AVI (Xvid/DivX/H.264), MPEG1/2/4, QuickTime (mov), WMV/ASF, RealMedia (rmvb), MP4, Matroska (mkv)
    CUE Sheets, CD, VCD, DVD

Supported target audio formats:
    - Lossy: MP3, OGG/Vorbis, AAC, AAC+/Parametric Stereo, MusePack, WMA
    - Lossless: FLAC, WavPack, Monkey's Audio (APE), WMA Lossless, WAV

Supported target video formats:
    - H.264, Xvid, DivX 4/5, MPEG1/2/4, H.263 etc.

Supported target container formats:
    - AVI, MPEG, Matroska, MP4, PMP (PSP Media Player Format)

DOWNLOAD
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/MediaCoder_d4987.html

4. steandric

steandric Member

hey, i've been looking for something like this to convert flv. do you know is there anywhere it can be downloaded for free? and by that i mean not the unregistered trial version which requiries payment after the trial period. :) thanks.

5. 833P

833P Member

Flv Extract will split the file into avi and mp3. Then combine/recode with Virtualdub.

6. renomsk

renomsk Guest

ok my friend here the thing, i have tried looking flv codecs for win media player 10 and 11 but had no luck, so here the only option is to download a flv player from http://www.download.com/Free-FLV-Pl...532.html?part=dl-FreeFLVPl&subj=uo&tag=button

till the moment i think is the best player and does not make you pc slow, some players do as you might al ready know.

as for the program extuber from download.com does not work any more, I have tried to uset but no luck , the older versin of it does work but I lost it like 8 months ago and the new uhmm does not work.

if i find any codec and/or develope some for win media player 10 I will let u know asap.

Reno

7. renomsk

renomsk Guest

sorry man, I did not read the history, first timer on the forums, My bad.

8. firesun

firesun Newbie

there are many tools you can use, the good ones like SPAM, you can try to choose one.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  9. renomsk

renomsk Guest

cool, but any way, in a really wird way, the codecs from K-lite
    really work, I have download the codecs from the website of k lite
    and they do work, now I can play any dvd, mpg, avi, flv, and any other format on my win media player 10 on xp op sys SP2,wird but they work, and to say that i was already making codecs for my win mp
    ( im a program developer ) thanks any way for the tips.....
    ohh and the cole media pack do not work!!!!!!

thansks !!! dic 25 2007 merry xmas

10. renomsk

renomsk Guest

have a very happy 2008 and god bless u all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!renomsk@hotmail.com!!!!!!!!add me if u can, take care.

11. Slippster

Slippster Member

ok i just installed XP sp2, and also the Ashampoo Clip Finder to download vids from you tube etc. i used only PlayFLV and it did the trick!

so there ys go.
    have fun kids !
    and thanks!
    After Dawn Forums / website is an invaluable resource to the community!
    Slippster

12. JYP666

JYP666 Member

Thx for this info. i already knew about k-lite codec pack (as it is THE best codec pack ever) and already had it installed, but WMP11 wouldnt let me play my .flv's. so i reinstallled K-lite Completely (full install) and now it works. WIERD lol

13. tcmlvr

tcmlvr Member

i want to thank you, too, ireland. i have wanted for a long time to play flv's on my wmp and finding this thread was the answer. you have added a small, but measurable, amount of happiness to this world.

14. lilsdavis

lilsdavis Member

Thanks! that worked perfectly

15. ralphgmr

ralphgmr Member

Hi! Playing the flv is not a problem. The issue that I have is that, before I had my windows media player playing flv files and showing their thumbnails in windows explorer. I had however to format my pc. I really can't remember what codec/plugin/software I had installed to do this trick. Do you guys knows any codec/plugin/software that shows the thumbnails too?

16. JYP666

JYP666 Member

@ralphgmr

try klite codec pack full. do full install. you get thumbnails and support for watching. also supports all other video/audio too. or atleast i think all. hope this helps ya

17. DawgsB

DawgsB Member

I use Windows Media Player Classic or WMP 11. I found that the lastest beta version of ffdshow sorted the problem. I seem to rember that some of the earlier versions of it also did the trick

18. legenora

legenora Member

I love you guys! ...you solved my problems ;)

19. avera

avera Guest

20. cyba

cyba Guest

F*ck. Give the guy a break.
    Egotistical prat.