1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 7 premium "out of sync" issues

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by tonytee, Apr 27, 2007.

1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You too justmary.
    Keep us posted when you try again.

If anything pops up in the meantime on Nero & the audio sync bit we'll keep you posted. Unfortunately Nero seems to have more problems with this than other programs.

2. justmary

justmary Guest

I am back- hee hee
    sent a email off to Nero - hope to hear from them with some postive solutions... will let you know if and when they reply.
    have a great one
    grammie mary

3. throphy1

throphy1 Member

Keep plucking away, Justmary, you'll get everything straightened out. It just takes some time to learn.

4. Jons01

Jons01 Member

I gave up on Nero on my Vista machine. (out of sync, horizontal rippling and no ability to burn in PAL format)

Purchased a new hard drive for my old machine, intstalled my XP system, downloaded all updates for XP. Downloaded Nero, entered my serial number. But, Nero does not allow video editing. It imports a homemade DVD, but when I try to edit the computer freezes, CPU usage jumps to 100%. Nero can only be shut down with the Task Manager. Microsoft has no clue, Nero has never heard of this kind of thing. That was the result of four, yes four hours on the phone with Nero. Multiply that by $1.29 per minute. What now???

Nero worked perfectly on the XP prior to the new hard drive.

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  5. justmary

justmary Guest

Well hello my afterdawn buddies- I have found a way to fix darn Nero out of sync problem.. My computer (pretty new) had this great little prog. "Sonic Digtal Media Plus" who was to know that it would work... never got around to check it out.pretty straight forward to use.. well worked like a charm- burned a dvd- played on player- did not check to see if you can download trail or free- but worth a try -worked for me- Good luck folks- I am doing a Grammie Dance.
    Love yah all. Have a great one -thanks again... will be in touch
    ok maybe a wee grammie hug for your help
    grammie Mary

6. binkie7

Good deal justmary - glad it all sorted out now - even if nero couldn't cut it :)

Have a good one too and happy burning!

7. jsteel

jsteel Guest

hi i,m pretty new to this but i have xvid files that are all out of synch with the new versions of nero 7 premium.but if i uninstall and go back to my retail version it works fine but sometimes nerovision wont start.i have xp service pack2.why are xvid files out of synch on the new updates?

8. sonnet79

sonnet79 Member

I have the exact same problem, where the very latest update puts my files out of sync. Does anyone know why this is?

S79

9. givilancz

givilancz Member

I am having the exact same problem, the weird thing is that even simply playing the AVI files back with Nero Showtime they are still out of sync. The audio is at normal speed but the video is very slow. I can use all forms of windows media players that play it back perfectly, nero seems to be the only program having trouble with the file. Not sure what to do, i'm running nero vision 4.9.5.7 for my burning needs.

10. binkie7

I'm not all that sure on why Nero seems to have more audio sync problems than the other programs - codec they are using maybe?
    Haven't had maybe 1 or 2 on my end where the audio was slightly off.

You can try downloading FFDSHOW. I've noticed Vision using these audio codec while ocnverting at times. May help - worth a shot.

@jsteel
    For the not starting bit you might want to do a clean install of Nero. Unisntall Nero - run the clean tool - reboot then reinstall.

11. jsteel

jsteel Guest

tried ffdshow works in windows media but not showtime.think i will stick with version 7.5.0.2 for now.i will run the clean tool at some point today to see if it sorts the nerovision start problem,but at least i can do dvds with xvid files.the last 50 i have done with 7.5.0.2 have been fine.but with 7.8.5.0 xvids all out of synch in showtime and on dvd after converting with nerovision 4.

12. jsteel

jsteel Guest

xp sp2 home edition i have the same xvids out of synch.i have gone back to using my retail version untill it gets sorted out

13. kyepen

kyepen Member

Hello all
    I am also having an out of sync issue. Ok here goes, AVI file.........used ConvertXtoDVD. Audio is way out of sync on my laptop. Any ideas???????? Don't have the exact settings in front of me because I am at work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kyepen

14. binkie7

Hi kyepen
    Usually ConvertX is one of the better one's that doesn't have the audio sync issues that other programs do.

How does the avi play on the pc? Any audio sync issues?

Here's post from a member here attar that may help correcting the audio sync bit - link

15. nekocj

nekocj Guest

I'm having slow issues as well but as far as i know it's not in burning DVDs. I just upgraded to Windows Vista Home Basic x64 and have had no problems playing avi files with my last version of Nero 6 ultra edition, but it wouldn't burn DVDs on Windows Vista. I upgraded to the newest version of Nero 7 so now I can burn DVDs but now my video and audio are out of sync. No probs with that on Nero 6 though I reinstalled 6 and it all worked fine only without DVD burning capabilities and I don't know about cd burning I haven't tried it with 6 on vista yet. Any plugins or anything I can use to fix this sync problem?

-CJ

16. binkie7

No plugins that I know of that will solve the sync problem.

I think sonnet79 changed a setting in the registry (?) that fixed it - maybe they'll post back.

Only Nero 7 is Vista certified - well Burning Rom and Express that is.
    If you want to stick w/ 6 since it's running fine for you - you can burn the files from Vision using the free ImgBurn. Have Vision save to the image recorder - will create a nrg file that you can open in ImgBurn.
    Or just a hard drive folder then just an the video_ts folder in Build Mode in ImgBurn.

I spot check my files in Showtime - if the audio is out of sync there then Vision will be too. If it is then is use ConvertXtoDVD - faster then Vision but not as many menu, editing etc. options.
    ConvertX says it's Vista compatible but not free. Has a trial - leaves a watermark though.
    The free version is DivXtoDVD.
    You can save to your hard drive then use Burning Rom or Express to burn the video_ts folder. Not sure if it's Vista compatible.

17. nekocj

nekocj Guest

Ah thanks, I'll give it a try. I sent Nero an angry letter. After all I paid about $70 for the upgrade so it had damn well better work. If I have to resort to anything other than getting something that makes it work I told them I was going to demand my money back. We'll see how that goes. It sure is frustrating.

-CJ

18. binkie7

If Nero gets back to you keep us posted - there seems to be quite a few users w/ audio sync problems and 7.
    I can't say I have many audio sync issues w/ Nero but it's funny that other programs do great w/ these files yet Nero fails.

19. nekocj

nekocj Guest

yeah I'll definitely let you all know about it, that is IF they get back to me lol. Oh well it is interesting how they could be having these problems with the newest version. If it aint broke don't fix it ya know?

-CJ

20. nekocj

nekocj Guest

Solution...for now.

Ok I have found a solution! I installed everything BUT Nero Showtime from Nero 7 and am using another file player to play my files. Now I can burn DVDs and watch files. Oh well it's only til Nero fixes the bug or whatever is causing the sync problems.

-CJ