1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to put a background on a 5th Generation iPod video.

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by ps2racer, Oct 1, 2007.

1. neridap

neridap Member

3rd time's a charm! You da MAN!

2. Sim001

Sim001 Guest

so many spams make me dizzy.
    try spam spam spam

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007
  3. xzero123x

xzero123x Member

awesome hack... i was just wondering if you also knew if you could change the font color as well.. i had put a dark background so i would like to know if there is a way to put the font white or a lighter color thx

4. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

I have tried several different things to change the font color but with no luck. I will keep trying until I get something. As soon as I get it I will post.

5. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

I have made a all new firmware with the background hack and color font. I edited my first post with a all new guide and new links. Sorry for the small picturs I'll fix that later. Enjoy your color font.

Refer to the first post in this tread for the new firmware with background and color font.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  6. thebigO

thebigO Member

does this app. work on macs?

7. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

I do not know. I would think so because Apple is mac. But like I say I don't know. Anyone running it on mac?

8. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

I tryed writing this firmware to my 5gen ipod video with my own background image, i follow the steps one by one and when i click write to ipod it gives me an error massage that says error writting Firmware code- 1,22,13836800 does anyone know what this mean, thanks.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  9. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

I think the problem i have is that this software dont work on vista, i tryed and tryed, i even found a firmware to make my 5 gen look like the new ipod classic, and i have the same problem, it wont write the firmware to the ipod. oh well.

10. thebigO

thebigO Member

Could you give the link?

11. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

ok i used a diffrent firmware, theres a firmware that makes your 5gen ipod video look like the new ipod classic and that one worked, just gotta make sure which version of ipod you have, i was having troulble with mine due to the fact i was trying to install firmware for 5g and mine is 5.5 when i use the firmware for 5.5 it worked, i now have my ipod looking like the classic, it took me several tries and many ipod reset but i got it to work, you can find both firmwares here,

http://www.everythingicafe.com/foru...-ui-look-like-the-new-ipod-classic-14571.html

you still need ipodwizard 1.3.7 the newest one, and the other downside of this firmware they havent got coverflow to work on it yet.

12. buffy23

buffy23 Guest

i liked this whole picture as a background idea and i did it, but i would very much like to get my ipod back to normal how do i do that?

13. asifuddin

asifuddin Member

how should i open BHCF 5G Firmware because its asking me what i should open with?

14. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

I'm not sure but I think the only way is to restore or iPod to factory using iTunes. There may be other ways.

You open it with iPodWizard. Read step 2, it's all there just read the steps.

15. ipod25

ipod25 Member

there seemed to be a problem when i did it a message came up saying
    "error writing firmware! code- 1,22, 13836800 is this common or am i just that bad at this. thank you

16. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

Tell me what you are doing. Start at the very beginning, becouse first you ask how you open the file. Then you said when you do that you get a "error writing firmware! code- 1,22, 13836800". If you are opening the file you should not get a writing error. I believe you're doing something wrong. Give me a little more detail.

O' it just hit me you may have a 5.5G iPod. But still give me some more detail.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  17. ipod25

ipod25 Member

i was able to fallow the step by step procedure and everything worked out perfectly fine i didn't have a problem opening the program or reading the instructions they where very detailed. I didn't have a problem in till the last step the write to ipod step that is when error note appeared. it seemed to be processing and out of nowhere it was like nope "error writing firmware! code- 1,22, 13836800." well thank you so much for helping me out, and if i am not communicating my problem well enough i am sorry be patient with me please. I truly appreciate your help.

18. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

I believe you have a 5.5 Generation iPod and not a 5th Generation. The BHCF 5G Firmware only works on the 5th Generation. irongiant had this same problem, read a few post up. He found a firmware that works on a 5.5 I would try that, but it is totally up to you. Both the 5.5 and 5th Generation look the same just different types of firmware. If I find anything I will post it. Untill then good luck and I hope you get it.

19. ella06

ella06 Member

Everytime I click Write to iPod an error message appears that says " Error writing firmware! Code: -1, 22, 13836800" Why does this happen? What do i do?

20. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

Others have run across this same problem. You have a 5.5 Generation iPod and not a 5th Generation. Read all the post above you will see what I'm talking about.