1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nikon or canon

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by djkamoe, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Franco45

Franco45 Guest

Thanks alot Goodswipe! I'am glad you like them, more coming soon.

2. bkaboom

bkaboom Member

I have to go Canon I believe thier lenses to be of better quality and thier cameras to be better overall. I as well have had an AE-1 as well as a T-70 they work as good as new today as the day my father purchased them. Lol they were passed down to me. Nikon is iffy imho and the support stinks.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

wow what a response...... Nikon vs Canon. Well..... as I said before in the thread.... I had the Canon AE-1 back in the '70s and moved all the way up the EOS ladder to the 30D and I have never ever had any problems in over 30 yrs of picture taking! Canon has always been my camera. Now my brother who is 10yrs older than me.... he grew up with Nikon! He says he loves it; he was the head photographer on the S.S. Shangrila (a flat top carrior) and he took outstanding pictures. Now he bought 3 Nikon cameras..... and his best one that cost him over $1,500.00 just for the body broke down. He had it for less than a year and at Disney World it broke down. Then again everything my brother touches turns to crap anyways! Who knows...... but my long record with Canon is very good and the outstanding shots I have taken over the years will always make me a Canon believer!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  4. djkamoe

djkamoe Member

money was tight i got a rebel xti and less then a year later it just got stolen out of my car :( it sucks so much, i really liked it but the only complaint was the loud shutter, its so loud whenever you take a pic its like ana alarm goes off. im going to rebuy it

5. susieqbbb

susieqbbb Guest

good idea look into the settings for the camera you might be able to silence the noise and someone on the internet may have a fix.

6. isaac4130

isaac4130 Regular member

Any digital SLR camera will have a loud shutter sound due to the mirror slap - some are worse than others, my 1DmkIII seriously sounds like a machine gun!

If you're really concerned about the noise, google "Camera blimp" and see the alternative

7. Gneiss1

Gneiss1 Regular member

Much of the noise of an SLR's focal-plane shutter was caused by the mirror (that lets you see the scene) flopping out of the way the instant the photo was taken. These could be pressed out of the way, usually to lessen vibration, and this greatly reduced noise as well - for one shot at least.

I think, however, the person was illustrating a general point rather than remedying a practical issue.